• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Whoops! Cleveland Browns reveal FA Targets

During a Press Conference yesterday Cleveland may have revealed who they're after in Free Agency.

I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: Whoops! Cleveland Browns reveal FA Targets

idk if its a huge deal, but still pretty funny.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

If you've been following the news, the Browns are projected to go after just about everybody.

Comment

• jpdex12
        • Jan 2005

as protective as every team is nowadays, I bet this is a trick of some sort. Who in their right mind would hold a presser with that on a dry erase board as a backdrop?
        Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• feldspar
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by jpdex12 View Post
          Who in their right mind would hold a presser with that on a dry erase board as a backdrop?
          The Cowboys.

They've shown their draft board in the background in Jerry Jones interviews more than once...in 2010 and 2013. It may have happened after the fact in 2010, but I think that it happened on day one of the draft just last year. People took screenshots and reconstructed the Cowboys draft board to a large degree.

Google it. It's a lot worse than what we are talking about here.
          Last edited by feldspar; 03-13-2014, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

as protective as every team is nowadays, I bet this is a trick of some sort. Who in their right mind would hold a presser with that on a dry erase board as a backdrop?
            Didn't exactly look like the backdrop. More like it was way off to the side and a certain camera angle was able to view it. Still a little odd.
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• stuckincincy
              Buffalo Bills Fan
              • Sep 2003

Dunno - looked like a good representation of who they were looking at. They inked Hawkins to an offer sheet, Moats is evidently in their sights according to some.

Heh - such happened before. somebody here posted a similar pic of the DAL draft war room a season or so ago.
              Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Tate met with them yesterday too
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• jpdex12
                  • Jan 2005

Man, that is pretty comical. You'd have to think whomever was responsible for these things for each team for their asses reemed if not canned! Why don't they just give the opposing team a copy of their play book before they play them also?
                  Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

Working...
                  X