PDA

View Full Version : McGlockton signs with the Jets

Demon
07-15-2003, 03:42 PM
Veteran departs Denver for Jets' one-year deal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

Desperate for help at defensive tackle, the New York Jets signed former Broncos defensive tackle Chester McGlockton to a one-year, $780,000 contract.

The deal included a $25,000 signing bonus.

Defensive tackle Josh Evans' indefinite drug suspension and the likely holdout of first-round draft choice Dewayne Robertson created the Jets' serious need for a veteran tackle.

ESPN Article (http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/clayton_john/1580990.html)

Not a bad move for depth by the Jets. Although i think he's over the hill, he can prolly be pretty decent from the bench.

MDFINFAN
07-15-2003, 04:10 PM
Like I said, you can never count those #@%^ Jets out. If nothing else, he's a good stop gap measure for them who can still play a little. I forgot he was still out there..I wonder if he's recovered.

SABURZFAN
07-15-2003, 08:35 PM
they got him for a decent price.i don't know how much he has left in the tank though.

The Natrix
07-15-2003, 09:27 PM
damn, there goes the Bills chance at the AFCE Title.

Jan Reimers
07-16-2003, 08:09 AM
The Jets are desperate at DT.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-16-2003, 09:14 AM
Why is it when Sam Adams signed it was "Fat" Adams, how heavy he is, or what a slug he is. When Chester McGlockton signs it is a great move. Some of you people need to get more information. Chester is said to need some gym time.

Jan Reimers
07-16-2003, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
Why is it when Sam Adams signed it was "Fat" Adams, how heavy he is, or what a slug he is. When Chester McGlockton signs it is a great move. Some of you people need to get more information. Chester is said to need some gym time.

It's human nature. We always think the other guy is better. But I'll take Sam any day over that has been McGlockton.

TheGhostofJimKelly
07-16-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers

It's human nature. We always think the other guy is better.

That sums up a lot of Bills fans in one sentence.

MDFINFAN
07-16-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly

At this point in their careers, I'd take Adams over Big Mac. Adams has his share of problems with weight or conditioning, but McGlockton is just plain lazy, if motivated he's very good, but he hasn't played that way in a while, at the begining of the season last year, Denver was amoung the top 5 in run D..as the season went on...you know the rest..McG will tie up a couple of blockers and allow their LB's to make plays, but he takes a lot of plays off.
There's a reason he's been on the waiver wire all this time..

WG
07-16-2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN in his signature
DREW is an animal!!!a leader,is playing w/a renewed passion that I was waiting for.I think buffalo and he are a good fit!!-Wys 9/18/2002

Sad! It didn't take long for that to change, for my fears to be realized, and for my skepticism to return, eh! ;)

Gosh, I sure hope we can put more than the 18.5 PPG on the boards this year that we did over the last 2/3 of last season.

Do you hope the same SABURZ? Or will you be content w/ the same output for all 16 this year!

:rolleyes:

Talk about taking statements out of context. I wish I my fears had permanently been proven wrong, instead we got offensive output on par w/ Detroit and Chicago over our last 10 games!

BOY! I sure can't wait...

:rolleyes:

Doc
07-16-2003, 12:55 PM
It's been reported that McGlockton won't be ready for training camp because he hasn't worked out in over 2 months.

ublinkwescore
07-16-2003, 01:31 PM
In addition to McGlockton having weight problems - he also likes to play on his own snap count. My grandfather wanted to kill him half the time when he was a raider. If he does start, he'll be good for at least 4 offsides penalties over the course of both games.

colin
07-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Sam is the most dominant nose tackle in the NFL, Chester is a could have been.

Stewie
07-16-2003, 07:23 PM
I wouldn't have minded bringing chester in here to backup pat/sam.. a rotation of bannan, mcglockton, williams and adams would have been nice

Jan Reimers
07-17-2003, 09:20 AM
I think we're better off with Edwards in the rotation.