PDA

View Full Version : Remaining top needs?

CleveSteve
03-13-2014, 04:33 PM
So guys, with the signing of a guard, linebacker, and the re-signing of chandler... what do you guys see as the top needs for the Bills?

Is Aaron Williams going to play FS or SS?

DT Depth?

Right Tackle?

Does Urbik need to be upgraded or are you happy with him?

Are you guys set at wideout with Johnson, Woods, Graham, Goodwin, and Barden? Or do you think they're looking to add another guy?

Do they want to upgrade Bradham on the weak side? Or are they going to play Rivers over there?

What else am I missing? Thanks!

X-Era
03-13-2014, 04:36 PM
So guys, with the signing of a guard, linebacker, and the re-signing of chandler... what do you guys see as the top needs for the Bills?

DT Depth?

Right Tackle?

Are you guys set at wideout with Johnson, Woods, Graham, Goodwin, and Barden? Or do you think they're looking to add another guy?

Do they want to upgrade Bradham on the weak side? Or are they going to play Rivers over there?

What else am I missing? Thanks!RT and ILB.

cookie G
03-13-2014, 04:38 PM
There are still 3 holes on the O line.

CleveSteve
03-13-2014, 04:39 PM
I'm surprised about the ILB... you guys hired Schwartz as your DC, right? Hasn't he always run a 4-3? Are they moving Alonso outside?

X-Era
03-13-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm surprised about the ILB... you guys hired Schwartz as your DC, right? Hasn't he always run a 4-3? Are they moving Alonso outside?What's worse is that I'm not a Mosley fan and they're gearing up to have that need when they draft at 9 (along with others of course). Hopefully they still address it.

YardRat
03-13-2014, 04:46 PM
Major needs? Probably, in order...

OT, MLB, DT, G, TE.

Other needs? You can always use bodies to upgrade depth, all over the board. A QB to replace at least Tuel for now. A RB to replace Choice/Wingo. A big WR would be nice. A swing tackle. An honest to god back-up C who can move to guard. LBer, safety, corner, etc.

Bert102176
03-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Kiko is the only LB I'm fine with, we need a big true #1 WR, a true starting TE, a RT, 2 G's I hate what we have done in free agency basically we have signed garbage.

Bert102176
03-13-2014, 04:49 PM
since there isn't much of a market for RB's I would try to sign Moreno as our 3rd RB

Buffalo Billy Bison
03-13-2014, 04:52 PM
Major needs? Probably, in order...

OT, MLB, DT, G, TE.

Other needs? You can always use bodies to upgrade depth, all over the board. A QB to replace at least Tuel for now. A RB to replace Choice/Wingo. A big WR would be nice. A swing tackle. An honest to god back-up C who can move to guard. LBer, safety, corner, etc.

You want a DT get FA Peria Jerry from Atlanta! You can get him for 5 years 12mil with 5 guaranteed! I know b/c I am and my son is his friend!

YardRat
03-13-2014, 05:00 PM
You want a DT get FA Peria Jerry from Atlanta! You can get him for 5 years 12mil with 5 guaranteed! I know b/c I am and my son is his friend!

You sound more like his agent :D

The Jokeman
03-13-2014, 06:08 PM
What's worse is that I'm not a Mosley fan and they're gearing up to have that need when they draft at 9 (along with others of course). Hopefully they still address it.

As things stand right now I'm prepared to hear this come draft day "With the 9th pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select Tyler Lewan, Tackle University of Michigan". I think we could see us fill the need at ILB later in the draft. I'd prefer someone like Yawin Smallwood in the 3rd Round.

The Jokeman
03-13-2014, 06:15 PM

DT Depth?

Right Tackle?

What else am I missing? Thanks!

I think Aaron Williams position will depend on who steps into the other S spot. In terms of WLB it's Rivers' job to lose now but suspect we'll draft someone in the 1st three rounds to compete. We still have questions at RT and outside WR. I'd prefer a veteran WR and pick 9 to go toward an OT prospect. Round 2 is a head scratcher round as we could see a quality WR prospect fall but we could also take a TE or if a quality D-lineman fell maybe.

X-Era
03-13-2014, 06:20 PM
As things stand right now I'm prepared to hear this come draft day "With the 9th pick of the 2014 NFL draft the Buffalo Bills select Tyler Lewan, Tackle University of Michigan". I think we could see us fill the need at ILB later in the draft. I'd prefer someone like Yawin Smallwood in the 3rd Round.
I wouldn't complain with that pick but if I had it my way I might wait on a RT in a very deep OT draft for a guy like Antonio Richardson. Then I'd take a playmaker at 9 and maybe in the 2nd round.

The Jokeman
03-13-2014, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't complain with that pick but if I had it my way I might wait on a RT in a very deep OT draft for a guy like Antonio Richardson. Then I'd take a playmaker at 9 and maybe in the 2nd round.

The problem is I don't see any playmakers of value at pick 9. People go on and on about Watkins but look at what his former teammate (DeAndre Hopkins) did as a rookie. Decent numbers but not earth shattering and yet he was drafted in the 20s last year and he had better stats his final year at Clemson than Watkins did. Toss in most feel Watkins will be gone by pick 9, so what's that leave us? Mike Evans who needs to refine his game IMO. Eric Ebron isn't an elite TE talent to me. So that's why took the best player available who also happens also shore up a need.

mayotm
03-13-2014, 06:36 PM
since there isn't much of a market for RB's I would try to sign Moreno as our 3rd RBIm sure Moreno is looking to be some team's third string RB after the season he just had.

Night Train
03-13-2014, 06:37 PM
RT and ILB.

Could easily see that as our first 2 rounds in May (ex. Lewan, Boreland )

SpikedLemonade
03-13-2014, 06:39 PM
There are still 3 holes on the O line.

Only if your eyes are open to see them.

alohabillsfan
03-13-2014, 06:46 PM
QB

Skooby
03-13-2014, 07:30 PM
QB

15 years a running.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-13-2014, 07:39 PM
Remaining needs:

QB
WR, we need a legit #1 wideout, Stevie is the best we've had since Mouldsie but he is still a number two at best on any other team
TE, Chandler? Can catch the occasional pass or two and is palatable at blocking, but we can do much better
Turnstyle, uh OL, two good guys, one maybe, the rest garbage. Of course we let LeVitre go because he wanted money
LB, We have one good LB in Kiko other than that
DB, This team is the NFL's farm for DBs
P, Moorman is okay but too old
Depth at DL and everywhere else
Coaching, we hire a guy who gets his team to about .500 and ***** about mediocrity. Hire A Levy, **** be unconventional and go after Mel Tjeerdsma or even cross sports and get Gregg Marshall but damn it get a guy who can win for a ****ing change and pay him to do so
General Manager: Yes we are a bunch of Monday Morning QBs, Coaches, and GMs, but **** I think most of us could do a better job at it than the current "brains" at OBD
Owner: Ralph is either long dead and its weekend at Bernies, or he will never die, that being said lets get an owner that actually cares about winning and just maybe the rest of the organism will too.

CleveSteve
03-14-2014, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the feedback everybody. There's just one thing I'm still not quite clear on. I thought Alonso was your guys' MLB, but piecing these posts together is he playing SLB? Or are you anticipating a 3-4 switch? Any chance you guys keep Moats? He's still available from what I can see.

In summary, sounds like:

A1. RT
A2. MLB
A3. RG
B1. Featured/#1 WR
B2. TE
B3. S
C1. DT Depth
C2. DE Depth
C3. QB Competition

Is this accurate? Thanks again!