Do sports agents steer their clients/players away from teams like the Bill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Strongman
    • Apr 2006

Do sports agents steer their clients/players away from teams like the Bill?

I read this article and found it interesting. In it, an NFL agent briefly mentions "cheapo" teams and the Bills are among them. It seems he cautions his clients from signing with these teams. He also mentions how the teams with this approach lack success. The article is a little dated, but I can't help wonder if this is one reason why the Bills go for dumpster diving for FAs.

• DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Do sports agents steer their clients/players away from teams like the Bill?

Every agent steers his clients to some teams and away from others. It doesn't necessarily have to do with "cheapo" teams though.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• lmcshadow
      • Nov 2007

AGREE
      The enemy deserves no mercy....mercy is for the weak.

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Strongman View Post
        I read this article and found it interesting. In it, an NFL agent briefly mentions "cheapo" teams and the Bills are among them. It seems he cautions his clients from signing with these teams. He also mentions how the teams with this approach lack success. The article is a little dated, but I can't help wonder if this is one reason why the Bills go for dumpster diving for FAs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/moneyba...0246--nfl.html
        It depends. Some agents just like dealing with some GMs. Other agents are pure mercenaries after the biggest buck and don't care. Yet other agents look after the career of their players, those agents i can see steering players away from some teams which they perceive as not 100% committed to winning. I think the bills fall into that camp.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

I think agents steer their clients towards where they will get paid the most.

Comment

Working...
          X