PDA

View Full Version : Fitz anyone?

better days
03-13-2014, 06:51 PM
The Titans have signed former Charger back up QB Charlie Whitehurst & are expected to cut Fitzpatrick in the next few days before his bonus money is due.

Anyone want him back? I think as JP Losman said......that ship has has sailed.

Night Train
03-13-2014, 06:53 PM
The Amish rifle ! The 16 yard bomb is back !

:assclown:

Skooby
03-13-2014, 06:57 PM
Better than anything we have now for a 8 yard pass, Fitz's only mastery.

YardRat
03-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Yeah...no.

GvilleBills
03-13-2014, 07:14 PM
There were the moments of Fitzmagic...but they never should've hitched the franchise to him.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Great team-mate and backup. Fulltime starter? **** No.

Meathead
03-13-2014, 07:26 PM
i like fitzy but at this point thaddiator has a better career projection

feldspar
03-13-2014, 07:42 PM
This is such a great idea...re-sign Fitzpatrick in the very year that he is counting ten-million-dollars in dead money against the cap.

Show me somebody who would do such a thing, and I'll show you somebody that needs to be insulted.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-13-2014, 07:44 PM
This is such a great idea...re-sign Fitzpatrick in the very year that he is counting ten-million-dollars in dead money against the cap.

Show me somebody who would do such a thing, and I'll show you somebody that needs to be insulted.

Scumbag College
03-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Bring him in!

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2014, 08:42 PM
No thank you. I'm tired of holding my breath every time he drops back to pass.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2014, 08:43 PM
If you can complete this story, you'll know why you don't want him back.

Bills down by 4 with 2 minutes to go and have the ball. Fitzpatrick drops back to pass.....

"___________!"

WagonCircler
03-13-2014, 08:45 PM
No thank you. I'm tired of holding my breath every time he drops back to pass.

Yeah, because that NEVER happened last year. (Shakes head in disgust).

You know who holds their breath when EJ drops back to pass? The cheerleaders and cameramen. And the people in the first 50 rows of the stands.

Mace
03-13-2014, 08:54 PM

It would be awesome. He's actually 7 million in dead money not 10, but why quibble.

I'd be ok with it. Vet, mentor, good presence, assuming he doesn't have to start 6 or more games, then it just gets tragic. His arm just can't do what his head tells it to and knows it should. He's probably a better QB coach than Detroit guy is. Only other vet backup QB I can see worth a darn is Shaun Hill.

I don't see Hill coming here though, or Fitzpatrick, though the minute he retires I'd make him a QB coach. And I don't think they want a vet QB anymore.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Yeah, because that NEVER happened last year. (Shakes head in disgust).

You know who holds their breath when EJ drops back to pass? The cheerleaders and cameramen. And the people in the first 50 rows of the stands.
Not sure why the EJ hate. He's a rookie and he has way better numbers than Fitz.

Manuel:
Attempt-Int ratio 306-9 (34:1)
Comp rate 58.8%
TD% 3.6%

Fitz:
Rookie year A/I ratio 135-8 (17:1)
Rookie year Comp rate 56.3%
Rookie year TD% 3.0%
Career A/I ratio 1555-93 (17:1)
Career Comp rate 59.8%
Career TD% 4.1%

EJ first year already blows away Fitz' first year, and almost as good as Fitz's career. EJ will only get better.

feldspar
03-13-2014, 09:22 PM
It would be awesome. He's actually 7 million in dead money not 10, but why quibble.

I'd be ok with it. Vet, mentor, good presence, assuming he doesn't have to start 6 or more games, then it just gets tragic. His arm just can't do what his head tells it to and knows it should. He's probably a better QB coach than Detroit guy is. Only other vet backup QB I can see worth a darn is Shaun Hill.

I don't see Hill coming here though, or Fitzpatrick, though the minute he retires I'd make him a QB coach. And I don't think they want a vet QB anymore.

Plus, he went to Harvard and should therefore be smart. Did you know that?

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2014, 09:39 PM
I don't hate Fitz. I wish him a comfortable and meaningful life. I just don't want him as a player anymore.

Mace
03-13-2014, 09:50 PM
Plus, he went to Harvard and should therefore be smart. Did you know that?

Golly, I had no clue. My marm done said, "boy, twern't a man a them fancy schools done learnt a learnin bout shine like Uncle Zeb fore he done blew hisself up".

I stopped knowin stuff after that, seemed dangerous.

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2014, 10:29 PM
The Titans have signed former Charger back up QB Charlie Whitehurst & are expected to cut Fitzpatrick in the next few days before his bonus money is due.

Anyone want him back? I think as JP Losman said......that ship has has sailed.

NO ****ING WAY.

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2014, 10:33 PM

7 million

THATHURMANATOR
03-13-2014, 10:36 PM
He would be a perfect backup

BertSquirtgum
03-13-2014, 10:40 PM
He would be a perfect backup

**** THAT

clumping platelets
03-14-2014, 01:35 AM
I agree.....he would be a good #2

Bring him back :nod:

BuffaloRedleg
03-14-2014, 02:03 AM
I'd love him back he's one of my favorite players to ever don the uniform, even though he obviously never panned out.

For ****s sake he won one of the best games in Bills history against the Pats. I was in Afghanistan WATCHING and me and the 2 other Bills fans were near tears, just couldn't believe we were seeing this and weren't there to enjoy it yet so happy to enjoy it together. We went to the the computer and watched every highlight we could find, and saw some fan video of I think Kelly and Freddy running around afterwards with huge Bills flags. Blah, makes me teary eyed just thinking about it. I stayed up all night listening to WGR on the computer and I even heard one of my friends call in absolutely black out wasted, and I was like **** I know that is him! It was, and it was awesome.

So yeah I'm biased. I want him to retire a Bill. Carry on.

X-Era
03-14-2014, 05:22 AM
Is it possible to have negative interest?

I don't want a vet brought in at all since Thad played pretty well. But if we did he'd be at the bottom of my list. Not because he couldn't do the job but because I just don't want that guy in a Bills uniform again.

DynaPaul
03-14-2014, 05:28 AM
I just have to laugh at threads like these. Why don't we all bring back our ex girlfriends and wives while we're at it?

Homegrown
03-14-2014, 06:50 AM
I just have to laugh at threads like these. Why don't we all bring back our ex girlfriends and wives while we're at it?

what could possible go wrong?

Thurmal
03-14-2014, 09:52 AM
If you can complete this story, you'll know why you don't want him back.

Bills down by 4 with 2 minutes to go and have the ball. Fitzpatrick drops back to pass.....

"___________!"

Tell me about it! I was watching the 2012 Bills/Pats game in New England with a buddy (not a Bills fan). The score was 34-28 NE, and we were in the Pats' redzone with like 1:40 left after driving all the way down the field. My buddy was like, "I can't believe it; you guys are going to win by a point! Why aren't you excited?" I look at him and said, "If Fitzpatrick doesn't throw a pick in the next 3 or 4 plays, I will give you $100. For real." Next play -- INT in the endzone. I couldn't even take credit for making a good prediction because I actually knew it would happen.

That being said, he was a good dude, and I rooted for him last year when he was with Tennessee.

better days
03-14-2014, 09:56 AM

Many times men get back together with ex girlfriends & wives & it works out great.

Not that I'm saying to bring Fitz back.