• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Confirmed: Spikes is in town getting a physical

I am not the sources type, but I have seen this pick up steam. Apparently Spikes is in town and getting a physical at the University of Buffalo. I don't know if this is typical procedure or not but it got enough legs on Twitter I thought it was worth sharing.

#forwhatitsworth
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• JoeMama
    Emotion Sickness
    • Oct 2002

Re: Rumor: Spikes is in town getting a physical

I can only assume that means we have legit interest and a contract may be on the table.

I hope he's not the massive liability on passing downs he's made out to be.

I liked him well enough coming out of UF but I can't say I've focused on him individually during his career with the Pats.
    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

He's probably just in town to grab a beef on weck then hit the Canadian Ballet.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

Well, no wonder nobody has heard anything, he's probably wandering around the North campus, lost.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• THRILLHO
          This is great, and all I've done is enter my name!
          • Feb 2009

I won't believe anything until someone reports him being at the airport. Just like Jay Cutler was. Or was that his agent?
          True fans want wins, not draft picks.

Comment

• Meathead
            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
            • Jul 2002

i was just at the airport and i saw a black guy with a bad attitude. it must be him!
            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Why would he be at UB
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

God, I hope he signs...would make me feel better about this FA period.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  Why would he be at UB
                  John Marzo works at UB (I think)
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                    Why would he be at UB
                    That's exactly why I sited that. I don't know what the Bills standard practice is for this. If that's totally uncommon than I would chalk this up as garbage.
                    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                    It was all
                    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• The King
                      • Jun 2004

I also think it's weird Whaley would show his hand with Kiko and Rivers if nothing was in place?
                      It was all

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

maybe hes already signed and hes gone to recruit kalil mack
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• trapezeus
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Oct 2004

i prefer to avoid patriot players because they are products of their system. I also believe that that system involves cheating and things that provide them a significant edge. When is the last guy other than Welker who left the patriots and were even half the player they used to be?

i'd rather just straight out miss taking a patriot player and focus on the other 31 teams free agents.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                            Pinkerton's son
                            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                            i prefer to avoid patriot players because they are products of their system. I also believe that that system involves cheating and things that provide them a significant edge. When is the last guy other than Welker who left the patriots and were even half the player they used to be?

i'd rather just straight out miss taking a patriot player and focus on the other 31 teams free agents.
                            I think on offense, you may be more correct...their defensive system to me is different. Spikes is a run defender and not a ton else, but thats what we need.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post

Richard Seymour played well for a number of years for the Raiders after leaving the Pats*.

And with Pepper Johnson now on the Bills, the Bills should have some insight on the Pats*

And Pepper said he was looking forward to beating the Pats* every time the Bills play them.

I think there is some bad blood there.

Comment

Working...
                              X