PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Tackle or Wide Receiver With The 9th Pick?

BillsImpossible
03-14-2014, 07:19 PM
Spikes should officially be a Buffalo Bill by tomorrow morning, I hope.

Chandler just inked a new deal.

Those moves boil it down to two positions of need for the Bills.

Wide Receiver or Tackle?

Wide Receiver

(Sammy Watkins will not be on the board.)

Mike Evans
Marqise Lee
Odell Beckham, Jr.
Kelvin Benjamin
Allen Robinson

Tackle

(Greg Robinson will not be on the board.)

Jake Matthews
Taylor Lewan
Zack Martin
Cyrus Kouandjio

If 2014 is, 'all about EJ,' what position is better for him and the team?

Heads or tails? A tackle or a wide receiver?

The more I chew on me lucky charms, the more I think the Bills are going to take Matthews or Lewan in the 1st round.

Adding that key piece to the offensive line is going to help the running game, help protect Manuel, and help open up the passing game by giving the young QB more time in the pocket knowing his O-line's got his back.

Protect the QB first. Bills have a huge investment in Manuel.

A tackle like Matthews or Lewan will provide an immediate impact on offense in the running and passing game.

Big wide receivers like Evans or Benjamin often take at least a year to develop in the NFL, and I don't think they would provide the kind of immediate starting impact on offense as would a highly talented offensive tackle.

Remember the screen pass? Didn't happen last year because all screen passes go to the right, and the Bills didn't have the right tackle to run the play.

Control the line of scrimmage first, and everything else will follow. Let EJ get comfortable in the pocket, and I don't think it will be hard to deliver the ball to Chandler, Woods, Johnson, Goodwin, Graham, AND CJ Spiller or Fred Jackson.

Tackle at 9.

YardRat
03-14-2014, 07:36 PM
OT. And he better be good, right from the start.

paladin warrior
03-14-2014, 07:55 PM
OT 1st round pick :smile:

Dr. Lecter
03-14-2014, 08:02 PM
If they take a OT I might scream, swear and kick my cats. Do NOT take a RT with the 9th pick

coastal
03-14-2014, 09:17 PM
If they take a OT I might scream, swear and kick my cats. Do NOT take a RT with the 9th pick
CB?

psubills62
03-14-2014, 09:36 PM
I understand that we could use an elite WR, but they just drafted two WR's in the first three rounds last year, and have Stevie under contract. We have huge holes on the OL, though.

After looking at the roster, there is a big drop off after the first 3 WR's. But I still don't think it's a 1st-round type of priority. That's something you help fill out in the 2nd or 3rd days.

better days
03-14-2014, 09:53 PM
I understand that we could use an elite WR, but they just drafted two WR's in the first three rounds last year, and have Stevie under contract. We have huge holes on the OL, though.

After looking at the roster, there is a big drop off after the first 3 WR's. But I still don't think it's a 1st-round type of priority. That's something you help fill out in the 2nd or 3rd days.

Well, this draft is supposed to be deep at both OL & WR, so whichever way the Bills go in the first rnd, they can still get the other position in the 2nd or even 3rd rnd.

Mace
03-14-2014, 11:15 PM
Of those two, tackle. They're going to take Calvin Pryor, safety, though.

BertSquirtgum
03-15-2014, 12:07 AM
Mike Evans. Please and thank you Bills.

BertSquirtgum
03-15-2014, 12:10 AM
I can't believe so many idiots want the Bills to draft a right tackle with the 9th pick. They need a god damned better #1 receiver.

better days
03-15-2014, 12:32 AM
I can't believe so many idiots want the Bills to draft a right tackle with the 9th pick. They need a god damned better #1 receiver.

If Jake Matthews is available at #9 I absolutely take him.

Father a HOF player & a number of other members of his family in the NFL, you can't go wrong.

Plug & play.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-15-2014, 12:45 AM
If Jake Matthews is available at #9 I absolutely take him.

Father a HOF player & a number of other members of his family in the NFL, you can't go wrong.

Plug & play.

Casey Matthews says you absolutely can.

But Jake is a fine pick.

YardRat
03-15-2014, 05:34 AM

I think OT is a no-brainer, and so far it's still a glaring hole, but with the depth of talent in this year's draft it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to wait until the second to grab one. Depends on who falls into our lap on day 1.

Night Train
03-15-2014, 05:49 AM
They might indeed take a receiver ... TE Eric Ebron

But how in the world is a top OT a bad idea ?

sudzy
03-15-2014, 06:23 AM
CB?

or Safety?

sudzy
03-15-2014, 06:33 AM
Depends on who's there? Talent over position. If Sammy Watkins is as good as advertised, he'd be hard to pass om. I would take all three top tackles before I would draft Evans. Provided that three QBs are drafted top 7, Clowney and Mack. The Bills should end up with someone good.

swiper
03-15-2014, 06:35 AM
OT will likely be BPA when their turn comes up. And it's a position of need. Seems simple.

better days
03-15-2014, 07:24 AM
Casey Matthews says you absolutely can.

But Jake is a fine pick.

While Casey Matthews father was a GOOD NFL player & had a long career, he is not in the HOF like Bruce Matthews, the father of Jake.

X-Era
03-15-2014, 07:33 AM
Well that escalated quickly. Lol.

It's the right question. Looking at it now that would be our top needs.

I said wide receiver for two reasons:

1) We don't need a LT and all 3 of the top OT prospects are LT prospects
2) Mike Evans will be sitting at 9 most likely. If Watkins is there at 9 this question is moot IMO.

Now, my LT comment doesn't mean we can't still take a OT at 9. We certainly can take a OT at 9 and play him at RT. But for me, with such a deep OT draft, why not wait and take a RT prospect who can start right away later in the draft.

So to be clear, I won't complain if we take an OT at 9. In theory you are getting a hell of a football player and we might end up with stud OT bookends for many years to come. But, from the standpoint of getting the most out of the draft, I wonder if we can wait on the OT.

X-Era
03-15-2014, 07:35 AM
If they take a OT I might scream, swear and kick my cats. Do NOT take a RT with the 9th pickOn the surface it's worse. They'd be taking a LT to play RT.

I would be happy about it though. Just not as stoked as if we landed a WR.

X-Era
03-15-2014, 07:40 AM
Another way to look at this:

Would you rather have Mike Evans and a solid starting RT or a stud LT that we play at RT and some other WR.

I'd be alright with either but I'd prefer Evans and a RT prospect like Antonio Richardson.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-15-2014, 08:54 AM
While Casey Matthews father was a GOOD NFL player & had a long career, he is not in the HOF like Bruce Matthews, the father of Jake.

Ok, then sub it out for Kellen Winslow or Nick Toon.

sudzy
03-15-2014, 09:04 AM
Well that escalated quickly. Lol.

It's the right question. Looking at it now that would be our top needs.

I said wide receiver for two reasons:

1) We don't need a LT and all 3 of the top OT prospects are LT prospects
2) Mike Evans will be sitting at 9 most likely. If Watkins is there at 9 this question is moot IMO.

Now, my LT comment doesn't mean we can't still take a OT at 9. We certainly can take a OT at 9 and play him at RT. But for me, with such a deep OT draft, why not wait and take a RT prospect who can start right away later in the draft.

So to be clear, I won't complain if we take an OT at 9. In theory you are getting a hell of a football player and we might end up with stud OT bookends for many years to come. But, from the standpoint of getting the most out of the draft, I wonder if we can wait on the OT.

One of the problems with this team is the talent level. Clowney, Mack, Matthews, Watkins and Robinson are the top of this draft class. Then there is a drop off. Assuming three QBs go before 8, they should have a shot at one of them. Anyone of these would come in and start day one and be a huge upgrade, where ever they start. I would be disappoint if they passed on any of these guys.

better days
03-15-2014, 09:28 AM
Ok, then sub it out for Kellen Winslow or Nick Toon.

Winslow would have been much better than his father is he didn't injure himself on his bike.

Dr. Lecter
03-15-2014, 10:05 AM
Winslow would have been much better than his father is he didn't injure himself on his bike.

Did you ever watch his dad play ?

He would have a long way to go to be better than his dad, who might have been the best TE I ever saw play.

better days
03-15-2014, 10:32 AM
Did you ever watch his dad play ?

He would have a long way to go to be better than his dad, who might have been the best TE I ever saw play.

Yeah, I saw his did play, he is a HOF player.

Did you watch Jr play.......................on one leg?

If he had two good legs, he would have been better than his dad.

Mr. Miyagi
03-15-2014, 10:34 AM
WR, unless Mack is there for some reason.

The Jokeman
03-15-2014, 10:38 AM

An OT is a plug and play position as we saw with the Chiefs, Eagles and Chargers who took OTs with their 1st picks and all played RTs. Meanwhile finding a #1 WR isn't as easy. As most rookie WRs aren't impact guys their first seasons. Look at the Patriots with the great Tom Brady at QB they had two rookie WRs last year and while they had good games but none were better than their veteran Edelman on a week by week basis.

The Jokeman
03-15-2014, 10:42 AM
Another way to look at this:

Would you rather have Mike Evans and a solid starting RT or a stud LT that we play at RT and some other WR.

I'd be alright with either but I'd prefer Evans and a RT prospect like Antonio Richardson.

If the Bills are playing to make the playoffs or improve in 2014 you take the OT if you're looking down the road then I can see the argument for Mike Evans but by 2017 when Evans will arguably be at his best we might have another QB/coach etc. yet regardless of scheme/system a high quality OT can play for pretty anyone.

Thief
03-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Best case scenario is watkins. Second best is trading to the mid teens and still getting ebron or Evans.

gonzo1105
03-15-2014, 12:32 PM
Im not a fan of Lewan. I'd actually take Martin over him if those were my two choices.

I think that getting a # 1 big WR is very important. With that said we have an O-line guy and we want to pound the ball running it. This leads me to believe they are leaning towards OT if Robinson or Matthews is on the board

BillsImpossible
03-15-2014, 03:56 PM
IF the Bills take a wide receiver at 9, what does that do to the development of Woods and Goodwin?

How would it impact where Stevie Johnson lines up?

Last year, the Bills had a better wide receiving group than the Patriots did.

The Patriots had the better QB, but they also had a much better offensive line.

In 2013, the Patriots drafted 2 wide receivers. Erin Dobson was taken with their second, 2nd round pick, and Josh Boyce was drafted in the 4th round.

In 2012, the Patriots drafted 1 wide receiver, Jeremy Ebert with their second, 7th round pick.

In 2011, the Patriots did not draft a wide receiver.

In 2010, the Patriots drafted 1 wide receiver, Taylor Price in the 3rd round.

In 2009, the Patriots drafted 2 wide receiver, Brandon Tate in the 3rd round, and Julian Edelman in the 7th.

In 2008, the Patriots did not draft a wide receiver.

In 2007, the Patriots did not draft a wide receiver.

In 2006, the Patriots drafted Chad Jackson in the 2nd round.

In 2005, the Patriots did not draft a wide receiver.

In 2004, the Patriots drafted P.K. Sam in the 5th round.

In 2003, the Patriots drafted Bethel Johnson with their second, 2nd round pick.

In 2002, the Patriots drafted Deion Branch in the 2nd round and David Givens in the 7th.

In 2001, the Patriots did not draft a wide receiver.

In 2000, the Patriots did not draft a wide receiver...but they did draft a guy named Tom Brady with their second, sixth round pick.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nwe/draft.htm

14 years of success, 3 Super Bowls, countless AFC East Championships and many playoff appearances later....

In 14 years the Pats never drafted a wide receiver in the first round.

In 14 years the Pats drafted a grand total of 11 wide receivers.

That's unreal, but true.

DynaPaul
03-15-2014, 04:04 PM
WR/TE - 1st
OL - 2nd

Jan Reimers
03-15-2014, 04:08 PM
WR in the first, RT in the second.

Homegrown
03-15-2014, 04:57 PM
WR/TE - 1st
OL - 2nd
Preach on brother!!!

Downinfloflo
03-15-2014, 06:44 PM
I would be happy with one of the Tackles.

On a side note, Ebron>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Evans!!

jimmifli
03-15-2014, 11:26 PM
I'm starting to hope for another trade down. Our recent 2nd round picks are some of our best players: Glenn and Kiko.

Moving from 9th to 16th-ish again and ending up with an extra player of that caliber would be pretty awesome.

The Popcorn
03-16-2014, 04:42 PM
I don't think Watkins will drop to #9 so i vote Tackle. Not sold on Evans.

better days
03-16-2014, 10:53 PM
Preach on brotha...some people never learn. "Let's draft an umimpactful player at a position of significantly less need. That's the ticket!"

Unless Mack inconceivably drops to us, WR or TE is the only sensible play...if anybody thinks otherwise please walk into oncoming traffic

If Watkins is there at #9, I think most people would be happy with that pick.

What I would not be happy with at #9 is an unimpactful player at a position of significantly less need like Ebron at TE.

BertSquirtgum
03-16-2014, 11:15 PM
If Watkins is there at #9, I think most people would be happy with that pick.

What I would not be happy with at #9 is an unimpactful player at a position of significantly less need like Ebron at TE.

How do you consider tight end less need? The way tight ends are used in todays NFL the Bills could certainly use a player of Ebron's caliber. I'm all in on Ebron or Evans at 9.

Minotaur95
03-17-2014, 09:58 AM
If you feel #9 is too high for RT, how do you feel about 2nd round, 41st overall (from 2012)? Could they be thinking of flipping Cordy to the right side and drafting an OT in round 1 this year? Or perhaps even moving him to G and drafting an OT? I'd be okay with that if the Bills' staff thought it best for the team. Didn't some draftniks think he would be a G/RT than LT as we approached that draft?

Uncle Jesse
03-17-2014, 12:33 PM
A right tackle at 9 is not the best option for this team whatsoever.

cookie G
03-17-2014, 01:00 PM

Want my reasons why you shouldn't scream or kick your cats? (eh, kick your cats just for the hell of it...worthless creatures).

The King
03-17-2014, 01:11 PM
What helps a young QB more than anything? A safety valve a receiver to check down too. A guy who can make plays after the catch and rip off chunks of yards on a 5 yard pass.

Your RT is typically your run blocking tackle whereas the LT protects the QB's blind side.

sukie
03-17-2014, 02:37 PM
A right tackle at 9 is not the best option for this team whatsoever.

Unless we are grooming overpaid linemen for free agency down the road.

better days
03-17-2014, 08:28 PM
How do you consider tight end less need? The way tight ends are used in todays NFL the Bills could certainly use a player of Ebron's caliber. I'm all in on Ebron or Evans at 9.

Only 2 TE's at most are in a game at the same time.

The Bills already have Chandler, Moeiaki & Gragg, hence it is not a position of need.

And I posted before, Ebron is not all that great IMO.

He put up good numbers in only 3 games, against Miami (Florida), Pitt & Duke.

None of those teams are GREAT & Ebron's team lost all three of those games.

better days
03-17-2014, 08:33 PM
What helps a young QB more than anything? A safety valve a receiver to check down too. A guy who can make plays after the catch and rip off chunks of yards on a 5 yard pass.

Your RT is typically your run blocking tackle whereas the LT protects the QB's blind side.

You mean a guy like Fred Jackson or CJ Spiller or Scott Chandler or Chris Gragg or Tony Moeaki?

I agree with that.

And teams are now sending rushers on the right side as well as the left, so the RT has to be able to pass block as well as run block.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Only 2 TE's at most are in a game at the same time.

That's not a rule or anything, teams have come out in three TE sets all the time. It helps when you have tight ends who can line up split or even in the backfield.

better days
03-18-2014, 12:50 PM
That's not a rule or anything, teams have come out in three TE sets all the time. It helps when you have tight ends who can line up split or even in the backfield.

Seriously? Three TE sets ALL THE TIME?

I would like to see some evidence of that BOLD claim.

And the Bills also have Mike Caussin & Lee Smith who I didn't name at TE.

We could have a 5 TE set. TE is NOT a position of need.

sukie
03-18-2014, 12:53 PM
I think there is a need for a dominant TE.

better days
03-18-2014, 12:57 PM
I think there is a need for a dominant TE.

EVERY team has a need for a dominant TE including the Pats*

One of theirs is in Prison & the other is ALWAYS INJURED.

Dominant TE's are hard to come by. Some have size, others have speed. Few have both.

There is NO dominant TE in this draft.

Uncle Jesse
03-18-2014, 01:20 PM
The Bills already have Chandler, Moeiaki & Gragg, hence it is not a position of need.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

And your comments on Ebron show you didn't watch him play, and are just reading box scores from UNC games.

As someone who watched the entirety of UNC games over the last 2 seasons, you couldn't be more wrong about Ebron. Renner getting hurt certainly hampered him.

sukie
03-18-2014, 01:28 PM
EVERY team has a need for a dominant TE including the Pats*

One of theirs is in Prison & the other is ALWAYS INJURED.

Dominant TE's are hard to come by. Some have size, others have speed. Few have both.

There is NO dominant TE in this draft.

There has to be someone that would pose a better threat to defenses that Chandler et al. I will say it again. I want players in skill positions on offense that are drafted in the earlier rounds of fantasy drafts across this fine land. Not players that are picked up in the 15th round cuz someone was drunk or selected off waivers to fill a bye week need.

better days
03-18-2014, 01:49 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA.

And your comments on Ebron show you didn't watch him play, and are just reading box scores from UNC games.

As someone who watched the entirety of UNC games over the last 2 seasons, you couldn't be more wrong about Ebron. Renner getting hurt certainly hampered him.

Guilty as charged. And I am not a stats guy, but that is all I have to go on.

So as someone that has seen him play, do you think Ebron is a good as Graham or Gronk?

If that is the case, he may be worth the #9 pick, but I don't see it from looking at the numbers.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-18-2014, 01:50 PM
Seriously? Three TE sets ALL THE TIME?

I would like to see some evidence of that BOLD claim.

Football Outsiders has San Fran using the 13 personnel group on 3% of their snaps in 2012, San Diego 2, St. Louis 4, New England 4, etc. That's just counting situations where those TEs lined up on the LOS. If we took Ebron we would have a better 3 deep group then those teams, with the exception of 2012 New England.

And the Bills also have Mike Caussin & Lee Smith who I didn't name at TE.

Caussin sucks and Smith is a blocker only.

We could have a 5 TE set. TE is NOT a position of need.

Big receiving target is a need, and IMO it doesn't matter whether that comes from the TE or wideout position.

better days
03-18-2014, 01:53 PM
Football Outsiders has San Fran using the 13 personnel group on 3% of their snaps in 2012, San Diego 2, St. Louis 4, New England 4, etc. That's just counting situations where those TEs lined up on the LOS. If we took Ebron we would have a better 3 deep group then those teams, with the exception of 2012 New England.

Caussin sucks and Smith is a blocker only.

Big receiving target is a need, and IMO it doesn't matter whether that comes from the TE or wideout position.

So 3% is ALL THE TIME? LOL

IlluminatusUIUC
03-18-2014, 02:55 PM
So 3% is ALL THE TIME? LOL

That's just 13 personnel. That doesn't include 23 personnel (the goalline formation) or 03 personel (a rather exotic passing formation, but still).

3% means they are pulling that formation out at a few times a game at least, and again, none of them would have a three TE set as potent as ours could be. We could easily make it a much larger part of our offense.

SpikedLemonade
03-18-2014, 03:21 PM
Want my reasons why you shouldn't scream or kick your cats? (eh, kick your cats just for the hell of it...worthless creatures).

You can pick up a cat anywhere. They are a dime a dozen.

better days
03-18-2014, 04:21 PM
That's just 13 personnel. That doesn't include 23 personnel (the goalline formation) or 03 personel (a rather exotic passing formation, but still).

3% means they are pulling that formation out at a few times a game at least, and again, none of them would have a three TE set as potent as ours could be. We could easily make it a much larger part of our offense.

How often does a team have 3 TE's in a game even on the goal line?

What percentage of plays are 3 TE's on the field at the same time?

Here is a clue for you............. NOT ALL THE TIME!

A few times is just that, it is NOT all the time.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-18-2014, 05:20 PM
How often does a team have 3 TE's in a game even on the goal line?

What percentage of plays are 3 TE's on the field at the same time?

Here is a clue for you............. NOT ALL THE TIME!

A few times is just that, it is NOT all the time.

Are we going to get into a semantics argument about what constitutes "all the time"? All teams do it, and some do it a few times every game. You're the one who said that two TEs "at most" were in the game at once, which is false.

If you are going to claim TE is filled because of roster bubble guys like Gragg and Caussin, then we don't have any "needs."

TigerJ
03-18-2014, 11:04 PM
Wide Receiver or Tackle?

Wide Receiver

(Sammy Watkins will not be on the board.)

Mike Evans
Marqise Lee
Odell Beckham, Jr.
Kelvin Benjamin
Allen Robinson

Tackle

(Greg Robinson will not be on the board.)

Jake Matthews
Taylor Lewan
Zack Martin
Cyrus Kouandjio

If 2014 is, 'all about EJ,' what position is better for him and the team?

Heads or tails? A tackle or a wide receiver?

I think you can narrow the choices at those 2 positions positions down to Evans and Taylor Lewan, and possibly Matthews. Greg Robinson will be gone and no one else on your list will be considered. Kouandjio combined himself out of the first round. Personally, I'd go Evans in the first and follow up with Morgan Moses in the second. I would not mind if Buffalo went Lewan - Montcrief, or went in a different direction.

better days
03-19-2014, 08:51 AM
Are we going to get into a semantics argument about what constitutes "all the time"? All teams do it, and some do it a few times every game. You're the one who said that two TEs "at most" were in the game at once, which is false.

If you are going to claim TE is filled because of roster bubble guys like Gragg and Caussin, then we don't have any "needs."

All the time is NOT 3% or whatever. It is RARE to see 3 TE's on the field at the same time.

And NO team has 3 GREAT TE's. TE is filled because of Chandler, Moeaki & Gragg.

It is NOT a position of NEED. It is WAY DOWN this list of needs.

JoeMama
03-19-2014, 02:15 PM
Eric Ebron to attend draft. Will visit Bills (one of four teams he's visiting) in April.

Ebron said (after we pried it out of him) that he’ll be at Radio City Music Hall on the evening of May 8, which isn’t very far from his hometown of Newark, New Jersey.

For that reason, he’d love to play for the Giants. Ebron said everyone in his family roots for the Giants — except his mother, who’s a Cowboys fan.

She may eventually expand her fan base to include the Bills, Lions, Ravens, or Panthers. Ebron said that he’ll visit all four of those teams in April.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/19/eric-ebron-will-be-at-the-draft-has-at-least-four-visits-lined-up/

IlluminatusUIUC
03-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Ebron said everyone in his family roots for the Giants — except his mother, who’s a Cowboys fan

NEVER MARRY WITHIN THE DIVISION.

Uncle Jesse
03-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Guilty as charged. And I am not a stats guy, but that is all I have to go on.

So as someone that has seen him play, do you think Ebron is a good as Graham or Gronk?

If that is the case, he may be worth the #9 pick, but I don't see it from looking at the numbers.

Obviously highlights show the best, but it gives you a good look at his ability....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgY1-xjk4E

JoeMama
03-19-2014, 02:38 PM
NEVER MARRY WITHIN THE DIVISION.

Don't even date within the division!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DDpKx4w_NIc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

better days
03-20-2014, 06:51 AM
Obviously highlights show the best, but it gives you a good look at his ability....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GgY1-xjk4E

As the announcer said at the end, tremendous hands.

His speed though did not seem all that impressive.

So do you think Ebron is as good as Gronk or Graham, having watched him in games?

Uncle Jesse
03-20-2014, 07:02 AM
As the announcer said at the end, tremendous hands.

His speed though did not seem all that impressive.

So do you think Ebron is as good as Gronk or Graham, having watched him in games?

He can be for sure. The talent, size and hands are there. Will he be for sure? Obviously I don't know that, but I would certainly bet on him to be one of the elite tight ends. The dude is just a freak. Huge target with great hands who will go over the middle. Seems like a great weapon for a QB in year 2.

better days
03-20-2014, 09:15 AM
He can be for sure. The talent, size and hands are there. Will he be for sure? Obviously I don't know that, but I would certainly bet on him to be one of the elite tight ends. The dude is just a freak. Huge target with great hands who will go over the middle. Seems like a great weapon for a QB in year 2.

I would agree. I would be happy if the Bills could trade down a few spots, pick up another 2nd rnd pick & Draft Ebron a little later like they did EJ.

Uncle Jesse
03-20-2014, 09:45 AM
I would agree. I would be happy if the Bills could trade down a few spots, pick up another 2nd rnd pick & Draft Ebron a little later like they did EJ.

I'm all for that too actually. I'm also all for getting a right tackle, starting in Round 2 though. I think there are legit options there still that early. Hell, if we trade down and get another late 1st for our 2nd 1st rounder somehow, then go RT, that's fine with me. I just can't do 9 overall on one, for this current roster.