PDA

View Full Version : This draft is going to be all offense.

Thief
03-15-2014, 09:50 AM
WR, TE, O-line. Those are our weakest points right now. Amiright?

stuckincincy
03-15-2014, 10:09 AM
I'd like to see 3 OL, 2 LB, perhaps a day 2 DE. They have a bevy of young WRs, so I'd look at other club's June cuts. Same for TE.

The Jokeman
03-15-2014, 11:31 AM

We still could use a couple of young defensive players to develop. As Jerry Hughes is set to be an UFA next year and we have some questionable depth at DE and LB. Assuming we have 8 picks in the draft, as I'm expecting some form of compensation for the loss of Levitre I'd wanting the following positions taken in the draft (not necessarily in this order) OT, OG, TE, LB, DE, WR, P, CB.

justasportsfan
03-15-2014, 11:38 AM
Looks like the Spikes signing is a one year rental. Might draft his replacement

YardRat
03-15-2014, 11:40 AM
I'd like another ILB, a DT, and a safety or corner. We definitely need oline still, a TE, and a WR. Still like to take a flyer on a RB.

DynaPaul
03-15-2014, 11:54 AM
Suits me fine.

Turf
03-15-2014, 11:54 AM
An impact WR and offensive line. Backup QB is a possibility.

jimmifli
03-15-2014, 09:24 PM
I don't think the line has been upgraded much. I'm glad Legursky won't be starting, but still not much of an upgrade. I'd still like to see RT in the first and then a guard early.

Meathead
03-15-2014, 09:33 PM
t
ilb
wr

coastal
03-15-2014, 10:05 PM
OT
OG
QB

Bill Cody
03-15-2014, 10:45 PM

Sill not sold on our run D If the Pats cut Wilfork I'd take a run at him. But I'd still like another LB in the draft. And probably another corner. Yeah yeah I know. But I'm nfavor of FINISHING the D. Still mostly an offense draft yes.

jimmifli
03-15-2014, 11:08 PM
OT
OG
QB
Might be a little early for him, but I'd be happy with Connor Shaw.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-16-2014, 11:43 AM
I will never complain about a lineman in the first (either side). That said, Mack sounds like a lot of fun and I want him.

The Jokeman
03-16-2014, 11:47 AM
I will never complain about a lineman in the first (either side). That said, Mack sounds like a lot of fun and I want him.

Mack is going to be long gone by the time we draft. He should be top 5 but if he slides I can't see him sliding past Tampa Bay at pick 7 who lost two LBs in free agency and have question marks at pass rushers.

stuckincincy
03-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Might be a little early for him, but I'd be happy with Connor Shaw.

Jimmy Garoppolo from Eastern Illinois might be a decent day 2 pick.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Mack is going to be long gone by the time we draft. He should be top 5 but if he slides I can't see him sliding past Tampa Bay at pick 7 who lost two LBs in free agency and have question marks at pass rushers.

And if he does, that just pushes one of the tackle prospects closer to us and I'm cool with it. That said, someone always falls and I'm hoping its Mack. Last year it was Star Lotuleilei and Carolina got a huge steal.

The Jokeman
03-16-2014, 12:06 PM
And if he does, that just pushes one of the tackle prospects closer to us and I'm cool with it. That said, someone always falls and I'm hoping its Mack. Last year it was Star Lotuleilei and Carolina got a huge steal.

I think Star failed because of his heart condition and not showing up at the combine. As a result it probably scared some teams off. Personally I think Lewan is going to be right for the Bills plucking. As while he did well at the combine he's still considered an after thought behind Richardson and Matthews. The only way I don't see him there is if the Raiders take a Richardson or Matthews at pick 5.

kingJofNYC
03-16-2014, 12:14 PM
It should be mostly O, because that's where the depth in this class is.

That said, Jerry Hughes is a FA after this season, Branch/Kyle/Darues are the only proven DTs, and there's question marks at S.

I would not discount Barr or Mack, though Mack won't be there with our first round selection, you nev know though.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-16-2014, 12:53 PM
I think Star failed because of his heart condition and not showing up at the combine. As a result it probably scared some teams off. Personally I think Lewan is going to be right for the Bills plucking. As while he did well at the combine he's still considered an after thought behind Richardson and Matthews. The only way I don't see him there is if the Raiders take a Richardson or Matthews at pick 5.

I assume you mean fell, because Star didn't fail. He was one of the DROTY candidates.

And that was my point. Some BS always comes up (in this case a misdiagnosed heart defect) that makes a top player fall. This year I hope it's Mack that falls to us.

The Jokeman
03-16-2014, 01:03 PM
I assume you mean fell, because Star didn't fail. He was one of the DROTY candidates.

And that was my point. Some BS always comes up (in this case a misdiagnosed heart defect) that makes a top player fall. This year I hope it's Mack that falls to us.

Yes, I meant fell. I really should start proof reading more before posting. lol

paladin warrior
03-16-2014, 01:50 PM
OT
T.E
Safety
WR
OLB
RT
OG
FA-OT