PDA

View Full Version : Whaley got his reputation in Pittsburgh for finding defensive talents

ghz in pittsburgh
03-15-2014, 11:11 AM
And he's putting it to use in Buffalo.

I just feel right now, the D has a lot more depth - expecting a MLB being drafted early. We can probably withstand a starting CB and LB injury now. If they get Arrington back, then they would have the same depth there, though I don't think Arrington is the best fit for this D.

Also if you consider the new guys on offense is a guard and big back, you may still say it is the play D, run and stop the run old philosophy. EJ just needs to play safe and does not screw things up. Reminds me of Roethlisberger's early years in Pittsburgh.

YardRat
03-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Build the lines. Build the defense. Keep trying to develop/acquire a QB, eventually you'll hit.

Thief
03-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Carrington is a good fit as a strong side 4-3 de imo. Better than a 3-4 actually.

ghz in pittsburgh
03-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Carrington is a good fit as a strong side 4-3 de imo. Better than a 3-4 actually.
The Steelers looked at Carrington as DE. You are talking about DT, where the Bills already have Williams, Dareus, and Branch. He'd play DE here.