• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Our Pick At #9 Will Be One Of These 3 Guys

Just guessing who will still be there and who would best fit our needs after what happened during this FA period.

OT Lewan - Can start at either OT spot for years. OT's are hard to find and you draft them early to secure one. Moves extremely well for a OT his size.

TE Ebron - Mismatch and someone who would most benefit Manuel. Chandler signed for backup $ and is a security blanket. Moeaki is always a health concern/gamble.

DT Nix - A human double team with Spikes right behind him. No more RB's gashing us between the tackles. People want an older, injured Wilfolk. This makes far more sense.

Those are my 3. Pats sign CB's Revis & Browner, so a rookie WR (slowest developing position) makes little sense to me. Would be invisible. The mismatch is at TE, if you have the right guy.

Deep draft with talent showing well into Saturday but at the top, these are the 3 guys I'm guessing the Bills should be looking at.

Your turn.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Meathead
    Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
    • Jul 2002

Re: Our Pick At #9 Will Be One Of These 3 Guys

a or c only f the te
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I think WR Evans or Watkins need to be added to that mix.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Jry44
        • Apr 2013

With the additions on the defensive side of the ball so far, I don't see how we pass on a receiver in a draft that got so much talent at the position. I can almost guarantee that Sammy Watkins won't be there, but Mike Evans might be. I feel like he's the pick. If not, I think we go OT. This team severely lacks a big bodied target in the passing game. You put a Mike Evans type receiver on the outside, added to Stevie, Woods, and Goodwin and we could have a pretty formidable passing attack.

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

If Lewan is gone, Matthews should be there.

An OT or WR at #9, not a DT that is not needed or a TE.

Comment

• Jry44
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by better days View Post
            If Lewan is gone, Matthews should be there.

An OT or WR at #9, not a DT that is not needed or a TE.

I agree. Unless there was a can't miss, sure thing DT there at 9. You don't draft rotational players at #9 over all when you've been a horrible franchise for 14 years and counting. You have to get a play maker that you hope could have an instant impact at that spot. As for positions, I would be ok with a WR, OT, TE, and a Corner in that spot.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
              I agree. Unless there was a can't miss, sure thing DT there at 9. You don't draft rotational players at #9 over all when you've been a horrible franchise for 14 years and counting. You have to get a play maker that you hope could have an instant impact at that spot. As for positions, I would be ok with a WR, OT, TE, and a Corner in that spot.
              If there were a TE worth the pick at #9 I would be fine with that, I just don't think Ebron is worth that high a pick.

If the Bills could trade down I would be fine with him lower in the rnd. A CB at #9 would be fine as well.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

Nope one of the top 2 tackles OR, Evans,Watkins,Ebron,Mack

Comment

• tomz
                  • Feb 2007

Lots of the talk on NFL network at the end of the first week of free agency is related to the likelihood of 2 tackles inthe top 5 and possibly Lewan going as early as 6 to Atlanta. It is way up in the air who will be available.

I like the Louis Nix idea and I even like Wilfork. Think about our goal line or short yardage defense packages! I also like Evans.

We should be viewing this not as an immediate fix but drafting for the next few years with the hope that EJ comes along. A big target to go with the rest of the corps is definitely important an dcould develop over the next couple years while providing an immediate mismatch possibility situationally. Kyle Williams is not getting any younger either.

Of course, this is all obviated by the 'stud falling to us scenario' with Watkins or Mack.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by tomz View Post
                    Lots of the talk on NFL network at the end of the first week of free agency is related to the likelihood of 2 tackles inthe top 5 and possibly Lewan going as early as 6 to Atlanta. It is way up in the air who will be available.

I like the Louis Nix idea and I even like Wilfork. Think about our goal line or short yardage defense packages! I also like Evans.

We should be viewing this not as an immediate fix but drafting for the next few years with the hope that EJ comes along. A big target to go with the rest of the corps is definitely important an dcould develop over the next couple years while providing an immediate mismatch possibility situationally. Kyle Williams is not getting any younger either.

Of course, this is all obviated by the 'stud falling to us scenario' with Watkins or Mack.
                    I just don't think Ebron is as elite as some people make him out to be. He may be the best TE in this draft, but that does not mean he will be an elite TE in the NFL.

There could be BETTER TE's available in the draft next year than Ebron.

If the Bills didn't have a massive hole to fill on the OL, I could see a DT drafted, but I think that can wait until next year.

Comment

• Jry44
                      • Apr 2013

Originally posted by tomz View Post

I'm not usually a guy that advocates giving up picks to move up a few spots to get a player. However I would be perfectly fine with moving up to grab Watkins if the opportunity were there. He's being touted as a once a decade WR. We need that!

Comment

• better days
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Jry44 View Post
                        I'm not usually a guy that advocates giving up picks to move up a few spots to get a player. However I would be perfectly fine with moving up to grab Watkins if the opportunity were there. He's being touted as a once a decade WR. We need that!
                        I would be happy to give up a 3rd rnd pick to land Watkins.

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

I have an aversion to drafting offensive skill players early, unless one is completely convinced they will be a sure-fire stud, or a QB drops in your lap.

OT is a definite need, and nine is as good a place to grab one as any. This is a deep draft for tackles, though.
                          DT is intriguing...we do need a wide body to pair with Dareus.
                          If Watkins drops, it would be hard to pass on him.
                          I want nothing to do with Evans or Ebron that high, and would only consider snagging one of them if we traded back again and secured a couple of picks.

Truth be told, our best case scenario is probably having 3 QB's and 3 OT's go early...that means one of Clowney, Mack or Watkins drops to #9, and let the bidding war begin for those that want to move.
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

This thing where routinely draft 8-10 and trade down is getting old. Pick someone with some talent as high as you can would you.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

I would trade down for Nix.

Comment

Working...
                              X