PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical Question about Manziel

Bulldog
03-18-2014, 12:28 PM
If Manziel is sitting there @ 7, do you try to swing a deal with the Bucs?

better days
03-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Hell NO. I would not want him anywhere in the first rnd.

sukie
03-18-2014, 12:42 PM
I would be more excited with Johnny Football than I would if they pick a guard or RT tackle at 9

THATHURMANATOR
03-18-2014, 12:48 PM
We wouldn't even pick him if he was there at 9.

Why bother whining about it?

Bulldog
03-18-2014, 12:53 PM
I don't think anyone was whining about it. I was just curious to see what peoples opinions were of him. I have a feeling the teams that pass on him are going to regret it.

better days
03-18-2014, 12:59 PM
I would be more excited with Johnny Football than I would if they pick a guard or RT tackle at 9

Manziel will have the fans of the team that drafts him excited short term.

I doubt it lasts long term.

sukie
03-18-2014, 01:07 PM
Manziel will have the fans of the team that drafts him excited short term.

I doubt it lasts long term.

Longer than a tackle or guard.

better days
03-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Longer than a tackle or guard.

A GOOD Tackle like Matthews will have the team that drafts him excited long after Manziel is sitting on the bench in disgrace.

sukie
03-18-2014, 01:26 PM
not many fans in the stands cheer tackle play. I think the jersey sales won't be that high.

OpIv37
03-18-2014, 01:32 PM
Manziel has plenty of question marks.

Personally I think it's too early to give up on EJ. But if we are going to use another first round pick on a QB, it better be someone clearly better than EJ. That certainly isn't Manziel.

And definitely no to trading up. Too much resources to a guy who isn't clearly better than what we have.

sukie
03-18-2014, 01:34 PM

Personally I think it's too early to give up on EJ. But if we are going to use another first round pick on a QB, it better be someone clearly better than EJ. That certainly isn't Manziel.

And definitely no to trading up. Too much resources to a guy who isn't clearly better than what we have.

Oh I agree... Picking a QB high would be silly... Next year is another story. I think a QB should be selected high every 2 years until not necessary. I'm 50 for Christ's sake. I need another run to live through.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I agree... Picking a QB high would be silly... Next year is another story. I think a QB should be selected high every 2 years until not necessary. I'm 50 for Christ's sake. I need another run to live through.

MikeInRoch
03-18-2014, 01:36 PM
I'd take him if he was there in the 3rd...

Skooby
03-18-2014, 02:54 PM
I'd take him if he was there in the 3rd...

If he rapes a judge, then you might get your dream answered.

SquishDaFish
03-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Will you people please stop with the QB crap does noone understand and comprehend that we will not be picking a QB in the 1st or 2nd round. They are riding with EJ GET OVER IT.

And on Johnny Football that kid is going to be the biggest bust since Leaf

MikeInRoch
03-18-2014, 03:41 PM
If he rapes a judge, then you might get your dream answered.

No, it's not really my dream. Yours maybe.

YardRat
03-18-2014, 04:17 PM
No.

Night Train
03-18-2014, 04:46 PM
No way in hell.

I have some doubts going forward with Bortles & Carr. I have lots of doubts with "Johnny Football " and Bridgewater.

Let the QB's go early & push good players down to #9.

Skooby
03-18-2014, 04:50 PM
No, it's not really my dream. Yours maybe.

I see a gamer in Johnny, that doesn't mean it'll translate.

Meathead
03-18-2014, 05:09 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9o19CaOSuD8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DunkCityFan
03-18-2014, 05:14 PM
I see a gamer in Johnny, that doesn't mean it'll translate.

EJ is a gamer. That is the only thing we know about him. He sucks, so far, when the game is tied and can play when he is late in the 4th and needs to score. I don't want a gamer. I want someone who can go up by 21 6 games a year, take a major hit and play next week and rally when necessary. EJ has the last part down, not the first two. Johnny football doesn't convince me that he has the first two either.

Meathead
03-18-2014, 05:24 PM
gotta ride the ej train at least another season

theyre doing a nice job assembling coaching talent everywhere except special teams. they got starters for five of their starting positions in free agency. they got their top fa target

with another good lineman and wr emerging from somwhere theyll have the on-field talent to challenge for the division everywhere except ... qb. but he has ten games under his belt, a full offseason, and should be entering the fast progression stage of his reprogramming

announcing the ej 2.0 era

barring that, make sure to bring this question up next spring

cookie G
03-18-2014, 06:02 PM
We wouldn't even pick him if he was there at 9.

Why bother whining about it?

You should have said something like this earlier. The hundreds of posts in teh dozens of Byrd's threads were unnecessary..because they weren't going to re-sign him either..

I guess the discussion is now limited to...

"who is the safety they will draft to replace Byrd?"

Skooby
03-18-2014, 07:26 PM
EJ is a gamer. That is the only thing we know about him. He sucks, so far, when the game is tied and can play when he is late in the 4th and needs to score. I don't want a gamer. I want someone who can go up by 21 6 games a year, take a major hit and play next week and rally when necessary. EJ has the last part down, not the first two. Johnny football doesn't convince me that he has the first two either.

You live here in SW FL as well ?

TacklingDummy
03-18-2014, 08:55 PM
Who needs Johnny Football? We have KneeJ Manuel.
All our good players will be gone by the time we move on to another QB.
Cycle, rinse, repeat.

Jry44
03-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Would I burn a 2nd round pick to move up two spots to draft an undersized qb that starts running around in circles if his first read isn't open? No...

Manziel is a lot like Tebow was in the way that he can mask and get away with certain things in the college game that he never will in the nfl. How many toss up for grabs ball did Mike Evans bail Manziel out of??

feldspar
03-18-2014, 10:26 PM
We won't get Johnny Football, and we shouldn't.

What I would like to see is the Bills picking up a guy like Aaron Murray later. I would have a good feeling if that happened.

I've said this before.

better days
03-19-2014, 09:36 AM
not many fans in the stands cheer tackle play. I think the jersey sales won't be that high.

So Manziel sells a few jerseys his rookie year.

You don't see many Losman or Edwards jerseys at Bills games.

better days
03-19-2014, 10:05 AM
There is a thread on the Pats* board if Manziel drops to # 29 should the Pats* draft him?

The overwhelming answer was NO.

stuckincincy
03-19-2014, 11:14 AM

Seems like TB is content with Glennon...he had a decent rookie season IMO. I do wonder about AZ and Carson Palmer, and if that club might be looking to move up with an eye on a qb.

Better Days and tampabay25690 keeps tabs on TB. Those the poster to ask.

paladin warrior
03-19-2014, 03:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAV_Eu-MK4 :blowup::no::no::no::no::no:

feldspar
03-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Seems like TB is content with Glennon...he had a decent rookie season IMO. I do wonder about AZ and Carson Palmer, and if that club might be looking to move up with an eye on a qb.

Better Days and tampabay25690 keeps tabs on TB. Those the poster to ask.

Lovie Smith has already declared that Josh McCown is the QB in Tampa Bay...or at least it's his job to lose. He point-blank said that McCown is the QB there. That won't stop him from potentially drafting another QB, though. Glennon is on the table, so to speak (is that a saying?). Doesn't sound like the new regime favors him too much.

swiper
03-19-2014, 04:10 PM

The dirt under my feet is "clearly better than EJ."

swiper
03-19-2014, 04:11 PM
You should have said something like this earlier. The hundreds of posts in teh dozens of Byrd's threads were unnecessary..because they weren't going to re-sign him either..

I guess the discussion is now limited to...

"who is the safety they will draft at #9 to replace Byrd?"

Fixed for you. :D

trapezeus
03-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Manziel is going to become a tebow like figure. the people who love him will always love him for his moxy and abilty to be electric. i don't think his size and "gunslinger" attitude is going to work. Favre worked because he was indestructable. HE didn't get put out of a game until he was 40! If manziel's skinny frame is as questionable as the scouts worry, he won't last.

and the manziel maniacs will always believe he could have got it done if only he were healthy.

i am willing to be wrong but i just don't see him with the lack of maturity buying that he will be the student of the game that we have found out top flight qb's need to be.

WagonCircler
03-19-2014, 05:01 PM
There is a thread on the Pats* board if Manziel drops to # 29 should the Pats* draft him?

The overwhelming answer was NO.

And this proves what, exactly?

Are Pats fans, in your estimation, more knowledgeable about football than Bills fans? Are they expert talent evaluators because someone in their organization drafted Tom Brady years ago?

This post is raw sewage, even by your low standards.

better days
03-19-2014, 09:55 PM
And this proves what, exactly?

Are Pats fans, in your estimation, more knowledgeable about football than Bills fans? Are they expert talent evaluators because someone in their organization drafted Tom Brady years ago?

This post is raw sewage, even by your low standards.

WTF. I'm just pointing out fans of other teams don't want Manziel either.

And it stands to reason, you are a Manziel lover. LMAO.

PromoTheRobot
03-20-2014, 12:37 PM

Merrill Hoge would not approve.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-draft--espn-analyst-hoge-says-johnny-manziel-has--bust-written-all-over-him-182454097.html

Mike
03-20-2014, 01:39 PM
A GOOD Tackle like Matthews will have the team that drafts him excited long after Manziel is sitting on the bench in disgrace.

Better Days your being quite the pessimist when it comes to Johnny football. Need you be reminded that he's a top 10 prospect in a good QB class compared to EJ having a 3rd round grade in a bad QB class.

Most notably, your track record speaks for itself, in other words Johnny Football >>>> EJ Manual

*please don't be a hypocrite

Mike
03-20-2014, 01:43 PM
gotta ride the ej train at least another season

theyre doing a nice job assembling coaching talent everywhere except special teams. they got starters for five of their starting positions in free agency. they got their top fa target

with another good lineman and wr emerging from somwhere theyll have the on-field talent to challenge for the division everywhere except ... qb. but he has ten games under his belt, a full offseason, and should be entering the fast progression stage of his reprogramming

announcing the ej 2.0 era

barring that, make sure to bring this question up next spring

Thats the cost of EJ!!!

In the same way we passed on Rogers because we had Losman, we will again pass on better prospects for EJ.

The Bills organization is like a dog chasing its tail with a bunch of homers cheering it on, 'your so close boy, just a little bit more'

better days
03-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Better Days your being quite the pessimist when it comes to Johnny football. Need you be reminded that he's a top 10 prospect in a good QB class compared to EJ having a 3rd round grade in a bad QB class.

Most notably, your track record speaks for itself, in other words Johnny Football >>>> EJ Manual

*please don't be a hypocrite

Gil Brandt, Football EXPERT, said if EJ was in this draft, he would be drafted in the FIRST RND.

better days
03-20-2014, 01:52 PM
And here are my reasons for being a pessimist about Manziel:

He is TOO SMALL to take the beating in the NFL he will take because he will not escape defensive players in the NFL like he did in College.

Also in a LONG article in ESPN the magazine about Manziel before the start of last season, Manziel came across as a spoiled arrogant brat.

He reminds me of Ryan Leaf.

Mike
03-21-2014, 12:36 PM
And here are my reasons for being a pessimist about Manziel:

He is TOO SMALL to take the beating in the NFL he will take because he will not escape defensive players in the NFL like he did in College.

Also in a LONG article in ESPN the magazine about Manziel before the start of last season, Manziel came across as a spoiled arrogant brat.

He reminds me of Ryan Leaf.

Its kind of funny but Manziel reminds me of the Best QB the Bills have had since Kelly. He is like a Doug Flutie. I think he will be able to elude defenders, make plays, throw downfield, and he definitely has the 'it' quality.

Will he be MVP or Pro Bowl type player his entire career? Probably not. He will be a lot a fun to watch, give the team that drafts him exciting play, life the spirit of the offense, but in the end he is no brady, no manning, no rogers.

As for his Size: 6ft 200lbs
He about Drew Brees's size. A bit bigger than Russel Wilson, and bigger than Doug Flutie. His size is not ideal and an overall minus but others with similar size have won SB recently and that alone is not a determinant of success.

Character
His ego and ways of finding trouble are not good. He has shown constant signs of immaturity, egomani, he is superficial, above it all mentality, etc... That is what has been reported widely. Has he changed a bit? No one can really know, but these question marks are not good. In the NFL, he will have to 'earn' his success. It will not be predicated on athletic ability alone. He will have to study film, study defense, study his teammates, etc... If his ego gets in the way of then he could be quickly out of the league. Best scenario for him is that he learns a big lesson quickly and the lesson improves him as a player so he is a Chris Carter instead of a Vince Young.

better days
03-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Its kind of funny but Manziel reminds me of the Best QB the Bills have had since Kelly. He is like a Doug Flutie. I think he will be able to elude defenders, make plays, throw downfield, and he definitely has the 'it' quality.

Will he be MVP or Pro Bowl type player his entire career? Probably not. He will be a lot a fun to watch, give the team that drafts him exciting play, life the spirit of the offense, but in the end he is no brady, no manning, no rogers.

As for his Size: 6ft 200lbs
He about Drew Brees's size. A bit bigger than Russel Wilson, and bigger than Doug Flutie. His size is not ideal and an overall minus but others with similar size have won SB recently and that alone is not a determinant of success.

Character
His ego and ways of finding trouble are not good. He has shown constant signs of immaturity, egomani, he is superficial, above it all mentality, etc... That is what has been reported widely. Has he changed a bit? No one can really know, but these question marks are not good. In the NFL, he will have to 'earn' his success. It will not be predicated on athletic ability alone. He will have to study film, study defense, study his teammates, etc... If his ego gets in the way of then he could be quickly out of the league. Best scenario for him is that he learns a big lesson quickly and the lesson improves him as a player so he is a Chris Carter instead of a Vince Young.

In the article, he came across as a douche talking to his father. Showed him no respect at all.

A guy doesn't respect his own father who is SUCCESSFUL by the way, I don't see him showing his coaches any respect.

I was a big Flutie fan, so if Manziel reminded me of him, I would be a fan. They may have traits in commmon, but I don't think Manziel is a Flutie clone.

And Flutie may have been short, but he was SOLID & for a small guy, he had guns for arms.