PDA

View Full Version : Trade for or draft a wide receiver?

THRILLHO
03-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Everyone seems pretty convinced we will draft in the first round a WR, TE, or OLman, and all of those positions make sense for us.

For the last 3 weeks there have been plenty of rumors regarding the Eagles being unhappy with DeSean Jackson and potentially cutting/trading him. Obviously he is too good a player to just outright cut, so a trade makes more sense. The new rumor is that a third round pick could get him. Again, just speculation.

What if we could snag D-Jax for our third round selection? No waiting the usual couple of years to see if a rookie WR develops or not. You just have a bit of a head case at times. His contract could also be a deterrent, I believe he is owed about 10 million a year for the next 3 years. But if production comes with it, is it worth it?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/18/report-eagles-listening-to-offers-for-desean-jackson/

Don't Panic
03-18-2014, 07:19 PM
I think you're on to something in the sense that you can get a proven commodity at WR with a lesser investment. As to whether Jackson would fit with what we have now, that's another conversation, but I like the concept in theory... especially if we go OT in the 1st.

jimmifli
03-18-2014, 09:13 PM
Every NFL team's messageboards will be spending the night talking about how D'Jaxson is a bargain for only a 3rd round pick.

Meathead
03-18-2014, 09:17 PM
r u kidding? heck yeah. even if you wind up throwing a third away its worth that risk. no hell yeah

IlluminatusUIUC
03-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Trading him out of the conference would be great for them. Plus they owe us one for the Peters trade. Do it!

better days
03-19-2014, 10:08 AM
Offer a 4th.

tampabay25690
03-19-2014, 10:53 AM
**** D Jackson is worth at least a 2nd to be honest.
The salary thing is only thing teams are hesitate about!