X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Can EJ win games?

I think most would agree the Bills will have a GOOD defense.

So, how many points per game does EJ & the offense have to put up for the Bills to make the playoffs?

I think that number is 21 & I expect EJ to do that & the Bills to make the playoffs..................if EJ can stay healthy.
  • IlluminatusUIUC
    • Sep 2012

Re: Can EJ win games?

In 2013 we averaged 21.2 ppg.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by IlluminatusUIUC View Post
      In 2013 we averaged 21.2 ppg.
      I think the Bills will give up fewer points next year by stopping the run.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

can he? He already did vs. the panthers. Whether he can do it on a consistent basis is another question.

Gil Brandt, likened EJ to Cam Newton both coming out of college. He didn't think EJ would be as good as Cam but that all depends on how EJ is developed by the coaches.

I think the bills did the right thing by hiring a qb coach. Whether Downing is the right one is another question.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Buffalogic
          Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
          • Feb 2006

He should have won that Atlanta game too but the pass catchers betrayed him. He can do enough to win games in a complete team effort, but I think we can forget about him carrying the team on his back to win.

Comment

• JoeMama
            Emotion Sickness
            • Oct 2002

We kept games close last season. There were only a small handful uncompetitive blowouts.

We're not that far off from turning this thing around. But at this point it hinges solely on EJ Manuel. Either we have a QB and we win, or we don't have a QB and we lose.

If EJ stays healthy, protects the football, and improves his touch on the deep ball, we can win. We have enough talent on D to keep games close and thus make things more manageable from EJ's point of view on offense.

The biggest obstacle is his health.

And after three injuries to the same knee in 6 months, I'm very pessimistic about his chances of making it a full 16. That's a bad pattern.
            Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post
              He should have won that Atlanta game too but the pass catchers betrayed him. He can do enough to win games in a complete team effort, but I think we can forget about him carrying the team on his back to win.
              He had that game won twice

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Wagon Circler View Post

Cleveland's game too.
                The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Meathead
                  Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                  I think the bills did the right thing by hiring a qb coach. Whether Downing is the right one is another question.
                  dont forget that right after nathan pimple face hackett hired downing marrone went and hired former qb/wr coach/oc jim hostler and plunked him down right in the middle of the offense reporting directly to marrone himself

so really theres a qb coach and a qb coach mother superior with a big fat ruler in da house
                  One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

i really believe ej will flourish this year. he had mixed results typical of almost any rookie, but i think hes got all the essentials: physical tools, the demeanor, the brains, and now the dedicated coaching

remember you heard it here first: we will see a completely different englebert jebediah manuel this season
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                      dont forget that right after nathan pimple face hackett hired downing marrone went and hired former qb/wr coach/oc jim hostler and plunked him down right in the middle of the offense reporting directly to marrone himself

so really theres a qb coach and a qb coach mother superior with a big fat ruler in da house

yup. I am most intrigued by Hostler out of everyone we hired.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        can he? He already did vs. the panthers. Whether he can do it on a consistent basis is another question.
                        Hope he sent a Thank You card to Luke Kuechly.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
                          We kept games close last season. There were only a small handful uncompetitive blowouts.
                          With a good QB we were a playoff team.

Comment

• Gibby
                            • Jun 2006

Originally posted by better days View Post
                            I think most would agree the Bills will have a GOOD defense.

So, how many points per game does EJ & the offense have to put up for the Bills to make the playoffs?

I think that number is 21 & I expect EJ to do that & the Bills to make the playoffs..................if EJ can stay healthy.
                            IF, and its a big IF, EJ can stay healthy and work on his accuracy a bit, then I think that assuming the D can -- and damn it seems like I've been saying this for over a decade now -- force 3 and outs and stop the run then I think this team can get to the post season. What I am tired of is stupid football where the players don't keep their assignments and fumble away games. If we get swept by the Pats no problem, but losing year in and year out to Buc, Falcon, and Jag type teams has got to stop.

Comment

• sudzy
                              • Apr 2013

Can he win games? Yes he can. Will he get you to the playoffs? Nope.

Comment

Working...
                              X