Can't the Texans pick up a QB at our 9th spot ? If so let's swap.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Can't the Texans pick up a QB at our 9th spot ? If so let's swap.

I'd like to get Clowney, so let's give them our 2nd round pick & Stevie Johnson (who won't follow directions).
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Can't the Texans pick up a QB at our 9th spot ? If so let's swap.

done... where do I send the paperwork for signatures of acceptence?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

And why would Houston do this?
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
        I'd like to get Clowney, so let's give them our 2nd round pick & Stevie Johnson (who won't follow directions).
        Eeeww... from about 6 different angles.

Comment

• GingerP
          • Aug 2012

It would take a lot more than that. First of all, Houston is tight up against the cap so taking on Johnson would be an issue for them, they would have to cut players or restructure deals to make that happen. SJ's value with his contract is probably a mid-round pick at best.

Also, they would want a lot more in terms of draft picks. The Redskins traded up to get RGIII by giving up 3 1sts and a 2nd to get the 1st needed. Atlanta traded up for Julio Jones by giving up 2 1sts, a 2nd and 2 4ths, in a draft with little value at the top. If you want to trade up, you are going to have to start with multiple 1sts and add on to that.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
            • Feb 2009

Skoobs these trade scenarios you dream up you never offer anywhere close to enough compensation going to the other team

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Yes, there will be a QB available at #9. The question is who and how many? Your trade suggestion assumes that Houston doesn't really care which QB they get as long as they get a QB. I cannot imagine that this is anywhere close to the truth. It is not even necessarily true that the Texans will draft a QB at #1 if they stay there. Heck, they might want Clowney.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                Yes, there will be a QB available at #9. The question is who and how many? Your trade suggestion assumes that Houston doesn't really care which QB they get as long as they get a QB. I cannot imagine that this is anywhere close to the truth. It is not even necessarily true that the Texans will draft a QB at #1 if they stay there. Heck, they might want Clowney.
                It's a calculated risk but if the Texans like a few QB's equally, trading down to a area that assures you'll get one of them while picking up value is a prudent move. There's probably going to be 2-3 more non-QB's that will get hot & move into the top 10, virtually assuring multiple QB's available at our 9th spot. Heck, Houston could draft Clowney & then see their QB they wanted fall into our lap as well. Please don't bother with the why didn't they draft them in the first place either, it being an attempt to gain additional value.
                Last edited by Skooby; 03-22-2014, 11:18 AM.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

I can see the Texans war room bursting out laughing in tears when Skooby called up with this offer.

Comment

• Swiper
                    • Sep 2010

Skooby being skooby. Spare us this junk.

Comment

• Homegrown
                      Havin' a ball ... rollin' to the bottom
                      • Jul 2008

git 'er done OBD

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                        • Nov 2007

yea,

I think that we should trade ej manuel for tom brady, then spiller for adrian peterson, then stevie johnson for calvin johnson and then move down the draft a few picks and get Blake Bortles
                        I came.
                        I saw.
                        I conquered.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

Better yet why not just trade our 1st round pick and EJ Manuel to the Colts for Andrew Luck and their 2nd round pick? Perfect deal for everyone.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

We might as well see if they want to trade JJ Watt while they're at it. We can give them Alan Branch and a 3rd round pick as compensation.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                              • May 2009

I can't believe how realistic this trade scenario is.

Comment

Working...
                              X