PDA

View Full Version : 2014 draft projected Top 10

ckg927
03-22-2014, 12:58 PM
What if the plan to Reek for Reinhart was, actually, Lose for Leon?

Right now, Kootenay C Sam Reinhart isn't the projected #1, as noted by the Hockey News. (However, most NHL mock drafts I've seen still have Reinhart as the #1 pick overall.)

Here's briefs on the top, say, 6 players:

-Leon Draisaitl(Prince Albert/WHL): 64 games, 38+67=105 +7 (A scout quoted by them said that Draisaitl will likely be in the NHL next season, adding that he's a complete player-a playmaking center who makes everyone around him better.)

-Sam Bennett(Kingston/OHL): 57 games, 36+55=98 118 PIM (scout: "Never gets outmuscled and torques his body to win battles. May have the strongest stick in the (OHL).")

-Sam Reinhart(Kootenay/WHL): 60 games, 36+69=105 (scout: "Cerebral, smart, makes others better. Not flashy, but a solid two way player.")

-Aaron Ekblad(Barrie/OHL): A scout said "You're getting a building block for any team. He plays the game with authority and he can move the puck."

-Michael Dal Colle(Oshawa/OHL): 67 games, 39+56=95 (scout: "Great offensive instincts.")

-Wlliiam Nylander(Modo/Sweden): (scout: "Outstanding with the puck.")

So....does Buffalo go for one of these 6 or go off the board?

Ginger Vitis
03-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Definitely one of those 6.. Nikolaj Ehlers from the Halifax Mooseheads is in the mix for the 4th spot IMO.. The day after the trade deadline Tim Murray told the media " I want to get out and scout players.. I want to get to Halifax and see the kid from Halifax play" and he was referring to Ehlers

ckg927
03-22-2014, 01:47 PM
Definitely one of those 6.. Nikolaj Ehlers from the Halifax Mooseheads is in the mix for the 4th spot IMO.. The day after the trade deadline Tim Murray told the media " I want to get out and scout players.. I want to get to Halifax and see the kid from Halifax play" and he was referring to Ehlers

Part of me is locked in on Bennett-simply because he's not afraid to be physical; however, we have Girgs for that role. So, it would be either Draisaitl or Reinhart.

coastal
03-22-2014, 02:40 PM
yeah... bennett

ckg927
03-22-2014, 03:56 PM
yeah... bennett

Yes...BUT you have Girgs for that role.

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2014, 04:02 PM
Draft some Russians. The Sabres front office is like the Bills and therefore smarter than other teams in a Polish inbred way.

The losing culture is so deep in Buffalo that it will take a decade to reverse.

Ginger Vitis
03-22-2014, 04:12 PM
Draft some Russians.

They already have.. And Zadorov would break you in half if he ever lined you up against the boards

coastal
03-22-2014, 04:30 PM
Yes...BUT you have Girgs for that role.
Girgs playing center with Bennett off the wing.

makes a pretty formidable line

coastal
03-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Does Nikolai overcome the top 3 heading into the draft

http://thechronicleherald.ca/mooseheads/1190672-nikolaj-ehlers-pots-natural-hat-trick-in-mooseheads-win

Nikolaj Ehlers pots natural hat trick in Mooseheads win

Nikolaj Ehlers is making it look pretty easy right now.

The Halifax Mooseheads rookie recorded a natural hat trick for the second straight game, torching the Moncton Wildcats in a 5-2 road win just 24 hours after completing the feat against the Bathurst Titan.

Ehlers has at least one goal in his past six games. He has 13 goals and six assists during that span, moving him into fourth in the QMJHL scoring race with 43 goals and 91 points in 57 games.

...more...

SpikedLemonade
03-22-2014, 04:46 PM
They already have.. And Zadorov would break you in half if he ever lined you up against the boards

I hear the Bruins are all trembling in their skates about playing the Sabres over the next 5 years.

Hey, we will throw you a couple moral victories a year while we get 50+ more points a year than the Sabres.

Hockey Mecca.....LOL!!!!

tampabay25690
03-22-2014, 05:42 PM
What if the plan to Reek for Reinhart was, actually, Lose for Leon?

Right now, Kootenay C Sam Reinhart isn't the projected #1, as noted by the Hockey News. (However, most NHL mock drafts I've seen still have Reinhart as the #1 pick overall.)

Here's briefs on the top, say, 6 players:

-Leon Draisaitl(Prince Albert/WHL): 64 games, 38+67=105 +7 (A scout quoted by them said that Draisaitl will likely be in the NHL next season, adding that he's a complete player-a playmaking center who makes everyone around him better.)

-Sam Bennett(Kingston/OHL): 57 games, 36+55=98 118 PIM (scout: "Never gets outmuscled and torques his body to win battles. May have the strongest stick in the (OHL).")

-Sam Reinhart(Kootenay/WHL): 60 games, 36+69=105 (scout: "Cerebral, smart, makes others better. Not flashy, but a solid two way player.")

-Aaron Ekblad(Barrie/OHL): A scout said "You're getting a building block for any team. He plays the game with authority and he can move the puck."

-Michael Dal Colle(Oshawa/OHL): 67 games, 39+56=95 (scout: "Great offensive instincts.")

-Wlliiam Nylander(Modo/Sweden): (scout: "Outstanding with the puck.")

So....does Buffalo go for one of these 6 or go off the board?

If sabers had to draft today the pick is Reinhart.
I know they luv the defenseman Ekblad as well...
If they weren't so needy for a center Ekblad would possibly be the pick...

ckg927
03-22-2014, 06:05 PM
I'd be happy with either Reinhart or Draisaitl.

Skooby
03-22-2014, 09:21 PM
Let off some steam Bennett.

Downinfloflo
03-22-2014, 09:22 PM
If sabers had to draft today the pick is Reinhart.
I know they luv the defenseman Ekblad as well...
If they weren't so needy for a center Ekblad would possibly be the pick...

That would be a mistake, Bennett is the best forward on the board.

Ginger Vitis
03-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Michael Dall Colle had a monster game last night 2 goals and 3 assists in Oshawa's Game 1 win.. Nikolaj Ehlers is also off to a hot start 2 goals and 4 assists so far in 2 playoff games for Halifax

tampabay25690
03-22-2014, 11:28 PM

I like Bennett as well.

swiper
03-23-2014, 06:46 AM
I'd be happy with either Reinhart or Draisaitl.

So they could get Reinhart, Bennett, or Draisaitl AND, perhaps, Ehlers who the NHL has ranked at #22:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

Do the Sabres need 2 more left wing prospects?

JATMtheJATM
03-23-2014, 10:04 AM

not necessarily. reinhart may have the best ceiling of all the forwards in the draft. a skilled, smart, two way center who will pile up points. bennett seems less skilled, but more hyper competitive. a high energy skilled player who can also put up points and play both ends. the difference, to me, is what you want more. bennett seems willing to muck it up and get those ugly goals. reinhart seems to be one of the smart players who uses his intelligence to get those goals and assists. both are valuable. question is, what one is more valuable.

tampabay25690
03-23-2014, 11:11 AM
not necessarily. reinhart may have the best ceiling of all the forwards in the draft. a skilled, smart, two way center who will pile up points. bennett seems less skilled, but more hyper competitive. a high energy skilled player who can also put up points and play both ends. the difference, to me, is what you want more. bennett seems willing to muck it up and get those ugly goals. reinhart seems to be one of the smart players who uses his intelligence to get those goals and assists. both are valuable. question is, what one is more valuable.

I agree with u.
Reinhart as of today would be the pick

swiper
03-23-2014, 12:19 PM
If Reinhart is like Joe Thornton. Sign me up.

JATMtheJATM
03-23-2014, 12:20 PM
If Reinhart is like Joe Thornton. Sign me up.

i keep coming back to reinhart as a better cody hodgson. with defensive skills. i dont know why, but thats what i see.

swiper
03-23-2014, 12:40 PM
If he's Thornton, then take him.
If he's Ryan Callahan, then I hesitate.

tampabay25690
03-23-2014, 12:47 PM
i keep coming back to reinhart as a better cody hodgson. with defensive skills. i dont know why, but thats what i see.

Has a great wrist shot.

Ginger Vitis
03-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Ehlers who the NHL has ranked at #22:

I wonder when NHL.com did those rankings because Ehlers at #22 is way too low the last month he has shot up most draft rankings I wouldn't have him any lower than #6

Ginger Vitis
03-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Since we are comparing Reinhart to current NHLers mine is a Patrice Bergeron with more offensive upside

Ginger Vitis
03-23-2014, 08:50 PM
Great game for Sam Bennett tonight.. 1 goals and 2 assists in Kingstons 5-4 win over Peterborough...to take a 2-0 series lead.. Bennett had assist on the OT winner

chernobylwraiths
03-24-2014, 11:32 AM

Wasn't Bennett rated as the smartest forward by some poll?

Ginger Vitis
03-24-2014, 12:33 PM

Bennett was rated smartest player in the Eastern Conference(OHL) bye Eastern Conference coaches

JATMtheJATM
03-24-2014, 02:39 PM

yes, in a different league.

Ginger Vitis
03-25-2014, 04:54 AM
Sam Reinhart 1 goal and 4 assists last night in Kootenays 7-6 OT loss.. Reinhart is tied for 1st place in WHL playoff scoring with 8 points

chernobylwraiths
03-25-2014, 05:49 AM
I want a guy who has a lot of drive and competes the whole game. Seems that describes Bennett more than anyone else.

JATMtheJATM
03-25-2014, 09:55 AM
I want a guy who has a lot of drive and competes the whole game. Seems that describes Bennett more than anyone else.

i agree. bennett seems to be a high energy guy, and the sabres could use that. you couldnt go wrong with reinhart, ekblad, or bennett. i think the sabres may take ekblad because his ceiling is so mich higher then everyone else in the draft.

i can see murray being all "**** it, lets take a goalie!"

don137
03-25-2014, 10:23 AM
i agree. bennett seems to be a high energy guy, and the sabres could use that. you couldnt go wrong with reinhart, ekblad, or bennett. i think the sabres may take ekblad because his ceiling is so mich higher then everyone else in the draft.

i can see murray being all "**** it, lets take a goalie!"

I agree. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Sabres trade a defenseman in their system for a forward (Myers for O'Reilly) prior to the draft and the Sabres take Ekblad.

Ginger Vitis
04-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Tim Murray on WGR today
On Aaron Ekblad

" I'm not sure Ekblad has the pace to be a franchise player but he will be a hell of a hockey player for a long time"

Sam Reinhart

" Tremendous vision.. He is the smartest guy on the ice everytime I see him play. Passes the puck unbelievably well"

Michael Dal Colle

" The best release we have seen in a long time. Can really shoot the puck he will need a centremen to get him the puck"

Sam Bennett

"He is tenacious.. he is a bulldog.. he is on you he will hit you.. he will spear you.. he will score on you

Murray says he is a firm believer of BPA and they will take Ekblad No.1 if they think he is the best prospect. Murray was pleased with Grigorenkos compete level and felt Grigs worked hard in his recent junior stint.

JATMtheJATM
04-01-2014, 06:12 PM
i like that about sam bennett. i like that hes gritty as all get out.

also, glad to hear that about grigo. maybe he finally gets it.

Ginger Vitis
04-01-2014, 06:23 PM
i like that about sam bennett. i like that hes gritty as all get out.

Bennett just got a goal to give Kingston a 1-0 lead over Peterborough in Game 7..Bennett has 9 points so far in that series and 18 PIM apparently he has taken some bad minor penalties in the series his aggressiveness might be a detriment at times..

chernobylwraiths
04-04-2014, 06:04 AM
Bennett just got a goal to give Kingston a 1-0 lead over Peterborough in Game 7..Bennett has 9 points so far in that series and 18 PIM apparently he has taken some bad minor penalties in the series his aggressiveness might be a detriment at times..

Sabres NEED aggressive and tenacious players. Of what Murray said about the top 4, I like what he said about Bennett most. That is a complete player and the type that EVERY team wants. Reinhart just seems like the type that will need decent players around him and Dal Colle obviously needs someone to get him the puck. But a guy like Bennett might be the kind of guy who brings up the level of compete of his team. Granted, it wasn't enough to get his team out of the first round.

coastal
04-04-2014, 06:21 AM
Tim Murray on WGR today
On Aaron Ekblad

" I'm not sure Ekblad has the pace to be a franchise player but he will be a hell of a hockey player for a long time"

Sam Reinhart

" Tremendous vision.. He is the smartest guy on the ice everytime I see him play. Passes the puck unbelievably well"

Michael Dal Colle

" The best release we have seen in a long time. Can really shoot the puck he will need a centremen to get him the puck"

Sam Bennett

"He is tenacious.. he is a bulldog.. he is on you he will hit you.. he will spear you.. he will score on you

Murray says he is a firm believer of BPA and they will take Ekblad No.1 if they think he is the best prospect. Murray was pleased with Grigorenkos compete level and felt Grigs worked hard in his recent junior stint.
Did he say anything about Ehlers?

Ginger Vitis
04-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Did he say anything about Ehlers?

No he never brought up Ehlers.. In regards to Sam Bennett its being said by those watched him play against Peterborough that he forechecked hard all time and was great away from the puck... Doug Gilmour is telling the media he is not sure Bennett can play for Canada at the IIHF Under-18 tournament Bennett is really banged up (knee,groin, head)

coastal
04-04-2014, 08:19 AM
No he never brought up Ehlers.. In regards to Sam Bennett its being said by those watched him play against Peterborough that he forechecked hard all time and was great away from the puck... Doug Gilmour is telling the media he is not sure Bennett can play for Canada at the IIHF Under-18 tournament Bennett is really banged up (knee,groin, head)thats my one concern about Bennett. Does he play the type of game that lends itself to a long career?

At this point, I'd either take Reinhart if you think he's a Patrice Bergeron...

or

trade down own and take DalColle or Ehlers.

don137
04-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Bennett seems like the kind of player Ted Nolan loves. I also am concerned about the length of his career and injuries with his style of play.
From different things I have been reading the Islanders will be keeping their pick. I doubt they will fire Snow if ownership is trying to sell. Will let new owner make that decision. I can see Islanders finishing well enough to not be in position to land one of the blue chip prospects. This is good for Buffalo if they keep the pick since they will not likely get an impact player for next year. I almost feel sorry for their fans.

chernobylwraiths
04-04-2014, 11:11 AM
Islanders in all likelihood can do no worse than have the 6th overall pick and, baring winning the lottery, could go up as far as 4th. That could be a blue chipper.

Ginger Vitis
04-04-2014, 05:25 PM
A NHL pro scout told Kris Baker Sam Reinhart's ability to move the puck and circulate it quickly..quick smart passes makes the scout think Reinhart should go No.1.. Baker admitted at this point he cant make up his mind whether he would take Reinhart or Ekblad No.1 .. Baker thinks Bennett is knocking on the door for the No.1 pick but thinks Bennett doesn't quite take the game over enough to warrant going No.1 and has Bennett as the No.3 prospect

ckg927
04-04-2014, 08:37 PM
If I'm the Sabres, I do NOT take a D-man #1. Period. Defensemen depth in the system is one of Buffalo's strong points.