• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Eric Ebron could be better than Jimmy Graham

There is little doubt that North Carolina's Eric Ebron is the most athletically talented and top-ranked tight end in the 2014 NFL Draft class, but the...

Ebron could definitely be a top ten selection in May’s draft — potentially to the Buffalo Bills — but one man who is dialed in on the draft scene says there are NFL people comparing Ebron to the best tight end currently in the game — New Orleans Saints star Jimmy Graham.

“Although many are projecting that teams like the Ravens and Jets will be interested in him, a number of NFL people I’ve spoken with recently believe he will be selected in the top 12, because he is a rare talent who could be better than Jimmy Graham,” wrote former NFL scout Russ Lande.

Whoa...
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Eric Ebron could be better than Jimmy Graham

LOL!!!!

Comment

• Meathead
      Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
      • Jul 2002

well yeah if he was that good id be fine with taking him but thats a motherfrying big if. even if he was another vernon davis id still probably rather have a stud tackle there
      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Night Train
        Retired - On Several Levels
        • Jul 2005

He's one of the ones being considered at #9.

It's all about giving Manuel more skill players around him.
        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

He'll end up being drafted #12 by the Giants.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

The Bills should draft Mike Evans or Eric Ebron.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

He's one of the three prospects most likely to be drafted by the Bills IMO, the other two being Taylor Lewan and Mike Evans. Also in the mix, but well back because they are probably already gone by then are Jake Matthews and Sammy Watkins. Of the three, I think Ebron is the least likely, but that will change if Kenny Britt signs with the Bills.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                He's one of the ones being considered at #9.

It's all about giving Manuel more skill players around him.
                Well, I think it should be about giving Manuel a GOOD OL to have the time to get the ball to the skill players already on the team.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Only way Ebron will better than Graham is if the Bills trade QBs with the Saints.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

With the draft right around the corner, The ACC Digital Network profiles the ACC's top football players and highlights some of the greatest plays of their ca...

Just saw this kid's highlights for the first time.

Damn man sign me up.

Comment

• JoeMama
                      Emotion Sickness
                      • Oct 2002

Eric Ebron would technically be a "luxury" pick for a bad team.

Which would leave many Bills fans howling into the abyss.

It's risky, but we could create some nightmare match ups if Ebron pans out. He and Chandler would combine for a nice 2 TE set. One's a fast reception guy, the other a plodding 6'8" red zone target.

EJ could benefit from that, but I see the rationale for taking LB or OL if the right prospect is there. There are no lack of good options awaiting the Bills at #9.

I like drafts where we don't have a consensus player we all like the most. Makes things more interesting.
                      Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• stuckincincy
                        Buffalo Bills Fan
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                        Only way Ebron will better than Graham is if the Bills trade QBs with the Saints.
                        Please stop stealing the children's toys.
                        Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by better days View Post
                          Well, I think it should be about giving Manuel a GOOD OL to have the time to get the ball to the skill players already on the team.
                          No disagreement from me. I've been posting OT all along but I can understand Ebron, DT Nix and several others.

I'm not going to lock onto one position or player. The draft doesn't end after round 1 and this draft is the deepest in 20 years.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                            • May 2003

I said in another post that I would like a big, fast, nasty WR in the 1st, but I wouldn't mind a really good TE either. We need big time offensive weapons, and I think OL can wait until the 2nd.
                            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Swiper
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Sep 2010

I still don't like the idea of using #9 on Ebron. His highlight video (above) looks great - but every receiver has one. I'd respond by saying, "lets see his drops." He does have good height, good jump/stretch, and most importantly seems to have good vision. I just looked at his stats. And those are pretty impressive (TDs nonwithstanding): http://espn.go.com/college-football/...329/eric-ebron

I still don't see him as a top ten pick. But he'll go in the first round. I agree with JoeMama in that this would be too much of a "luxury pick" for a bad team. Especially in light of the fact they brought Chandler back. Chandler and Moeaki could be that good TE duo also. Does anyone have an update on Moeaki's health? That would influence their decision for sure.

In the first 3 rounds I see them going OT, OG, FS. They drafted 2 WRs last year. IDK that they will take another unless a potential superstar falls into their laps. I admit I don't know enough about Evans to make that judgement.

I still think Ebron goes to the Giants at #12. They have a franchise QB coming off a bad year and are admittedly looking for such a player. That is a team that can afford using such a high pick on a TE.

Comment

Working...
                              X