PDA

View Full Version : Nolan gives Lieuwen start tonight in front of friends and family

DetDannyWilliams
03-23-2014, 12:56 PM
great story for this young kid

Lieuwen is from Abbotsford, British Columbia, about 45 miles from Vancouver. He went to many games as a kid in Rogers Arena, even had one of those old black and orange Vancouver Canucks jerseys with the abstract skate on the front.

“It’s incredible,” Lieuwen said. “Obviously the past week has been a whirlwind for me but this is pretty special. They were my team growing up so it will be cool to play in this building.”

“There’s obviously gonna be a lot of emotions and a lot of extra stuff that could creep into my head,” Lieuwen said.
“But I’ve got to stay focused on my process and what I need to do on the ice.
“I’ll do my best to not look at the back of their jerseys and just know what team they’re on. One puck at a time. That’s what I keep telling you guys and I’ll keep saying that because when I focus on that, that’s when I’m at my best.”

“It will be great for Nathan to play in front of his family and friends and his home province,” Nolan said.
“He’s a nice young man, well-mannered. He works on his trade. That’s how you win in this game, I believe. You win with good people, and he seems to be one of the finest.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-giving-lieuwen-a-home-start-in-vancouver-20140323

JATMtheJATM
03-23-2014, 12:58 PM
im liking this kid. before this year, he was just an AHL backup at best, and all he was going to be. hes developed leaps and bounds this year. lets see what this kid can do. maybe we found someone to go forward with.

watch him give up like 7 goals now.

DetDannyWilliams
03-23-2014, 01:05 PM
IMO here's what I think the Sabres should do, trade Enroth he will never be a starter in this league and Neuverith at the draft for more picks and go into training camp with Lieuwen and Hackett and have them battle it out for #1 spot, I like both these goalies. We are trying for McDavid next season anyways.

JATMtheJATM
03-23-2014, 02:05 PM
IMO here's what I think the Sabres should do, trade Enroth he will never be a starter in this league and Neuverith at the draft for more picks and go into training camp with Lieuwen and Hackett and have them battle it out for #1 spot, I like both these goalies. We are trying for McDavid next season anyways.

with all due respect, hackett and lieuwen are both as raw as a newly picked scab. the sabres are going to be bad regardless next year. lieuwen is not ready for full time NHL action. even as a backup. id trade enroth. and have hackett back up neuvy. let lieuwen and makarov play in rochester next year.

id also draft a goalie in the second round this draft.

trapezeus
03-24-2014, 10:16 AM
nice praise from nolan. you always want to root for good people to do well.

i liked the little i saw of him vs the habs.

YankeeInRaleigh
03-24-2014, 12:18 PM
ugh....gotta be embarrassing giving up that 5-holer from the blue-line last night, in front of friends and family no less.

Meathead
03-24-2014, 04:30 PM
honesty im more disappointed in goal four than three. flukes happens to everybody, but on goal four he just left the post too early when he didnt have to and the shooter just put in the classic spot just past his thigh. he made some nice saves but he shouldnt have been fooled on that basic of a goaltending standard imo