• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ticatfan
    The Meathead of Muslims!
    • Jul 2002

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

I hear he is trying out for a couple of teams and been invited to dinner by the bills. I don't know if that is a joke or not. but I had read that, about the dinner.
    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
    Harry S Truman 1941.
  • Swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: Laurent Duvernay-Tardif

Cool.

Comment

• stuckincincy
      Buffalo Bills Fan
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ticatfan View Post
      http://www.laurentduvernaytardif.com...n_the_nfl.html

I hear he is trying out for a couple of teams and been invited to dinner by the bills. I don't know if that is a joke or not. but I had read that, about the dinner.
      I wouldn't be surprised if CIN has an interest. Rashad Jeanty gave them 3 good seasons before a leg injury closed out his career.
      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

He has experience with STD' so he would be valuable now that Ron Mexico plays for the jets.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gonzo1105
          • Jul 2002

The guy is a potential 3rd-5th round pick

Comment

• DesertFox24
            • Jul 2005

If you want to watch him you can watch the East offense vs west defense in 2014 east west shrine game.

He is number 66 with a bright red helmet and plays RT.

He is with the second OL group and each OL group runs two series.

I watched both halves and I came away impressed with the guy. He moves well not elite athlete but I think he could be LT in an emergency situation. He has a nasty streak and blocks to the whistle and after. Did not get bulled rushed or beat easily, and was aggressive in RB.

I would have no issues if the Bills drafted this guy as a RT/Guard. I do not think I would start him this year so I would lean more towards late 4 to early 6.

That being said he put up 37 reps at CFL combine and is hoping to run a 5.0 40 and do 40 reps on the bench at his pro day this week. If he does that round 3 may not be out of the question as that is rare strength and speed combo and he could be coached up.

A medical student with a 3.9 GPA so has the brains to learn for sure and speaks multiple languages.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
              Skoobasaurus-Rex
              • Oct 2011

Smart guy with power & potential, late-fourth rounder I'd say.

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                • Jun 2024

He is the best Canadian coming out this year and I hope he does well. I think it is a long shot he ever starts in the NFL.

Comment

• DesertFox24
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
                  He is the best Canadian coming out this year and I hope he does well. I think it is a long shot he ever starts in the NFL.
                  Did not look out of place or lost in the east west game and went against trent murphy of stanford a few times and shut him down.

I think he is a starter in year 2 and if anything above average depth at RT or Guard.

Oh and he is 6'5 and 315 plus so you know he fits Marron Whaley OL mold.

Comment

• ticatfan
                    The Meathead of Muslims!
                    • Jul 2002

Laurent Duvernay-Tardif can't wait to strut his stuff Thursday.

The McGill Redmen offensive lineman will hold a private workout in Montreal for NFL and CFL scouts. And after spending much of the last four months preparing for the audition, the six-foot-five, 315-pound tackle is ready for it to finally happen.

"I don't know if I should say this but I just want to do it and be done with it," he said with a chuckle Tuesday via telephone. "I've been training since December for this . . . for me, it's been so long.

"I felt a little stressed last weekend but I went on the field (Monday) where I'm going to hold my pro day and ran some very good times in my shuttle and three-cone so I think I'm ready."

The 23-year-old med student said he feels terrific right now but understands nerves and the pressure to perform could weigh heavily upon him at his pro day. If that happens, Duvernay-Tardif will take a rather philosophical approach to deal with the situation.

"Nerves and pressure can help so much with your adrenalin," he said. "You just have to control that."

Duvernay-Tardif was able to control being well rested and fresh for his workout. To ensure that, he took half of last week and all of this one off from his duties working the night shift at a Montreal hospital, expecting to return either Sunday or Monday.

The articulate native of St. Hilaire, Que., finished the season as the top-ranked prospect for this year's CFL draft, slated for May 13. But Duvernay-Tardif has also drawn plenty of NFL interest and is projected as a third- or fourth-round selection in this year's draft, which will be held May 8-10.

Not bad, considering Duvernay-Tardif began his college career as a 253-pound defensive lineman and only switched to offence in 2011. McGill also accommodated his heavy academic workload by reducing his practice commitments during football season.

But that didn't stop Duvernay-Tardif from twice earning All-Canadian honours and capturing the '13 Metras trophy as Canadian university football's top lineman. He was invited to participate in last weekend's CFL combine in Toronto but opted instead to focus on his pro day.

It's unclear how many scouts will attend Duvernay-Tardif's workout. Both the Arizona Cardinals and Buffalo Bills have said publicly they'll be there but some CFL teams are expected to take a miss because Duvernay-Tardif is likely to be go in the NFL draft and start his pro career there.

Regardless, Duvernay-Tardif's people are erring on the side of caution.

"We agreed to prepare food for 50 people, I don't know what that means," Duvernay-Tardif said. "I've been told if we had 15 (NFL scouts) we'd be super happy and if we had 20, that would be incredible."

Duvernay-Tardif said he'll begin the workout with his jumps — standing broad and vertical — then run the 40-yard dash. Afterwards, he'll do timed agility events and the bench press before performing position drills requested by the scouts.

"I want to show them I'm athletic," Duvernay-Tardif said. "I'm not going there to show my technique, I'm going there so they can see I can move, I'm smooth and flexible but also explosive and I think my broad and vertical jump will show that."

Duvernay-Tardif won't be done auditioning for NFL teams after his workout. He said he has visits already lined up with Arizona, the Super Bowl-champion Seattle Seahawks and Cleveland Browns.

Duvernay-Tardif has benchmarks he wants to hit Thursday. He'd like to reach at least nine feet in the broad jump and 31.5 inches in the vertical while posting a 40-yard dash time around 5.1 seconds and showing excellent quickness and mobility in the agility drills.

Positioning the bench press late in the workout is surprising because many athletes prefer to do strength movements early when they're freshest. But Duvernay-Tardif isn't concerned about fatigue being a factor when he goes under the bar.

"After I bench, I feel I'm tight in my chest and my arm motion so when I run it's not as good," he said. "I'd like to do a really really good number (in bench) but I know already I'm probably going to go over 37 so I'm not sure if it really matters if it's 37 or 40.

"I just want to jump well and do a good shuttle. The bench isn't really a concern for me."

But Duvernay-Tardif admits to having a little fear of the unknown regarding what drills scouts will ask him to perform.

"It's been a while since I've done anything football-related," he said. "I want to work out for them but at the same time I don't know what they're going to ask and you never really know what they're going to look for."

How Duvernay-Tardif performs and handles himself Thursday will be crucial. For many pro football personnel, it will be their first chance to see and speak with him and formulate that all-important first impression.

But Duvernay-Tardif is approaching the workout like any other.

"I'm going to eat what I normally eat, maybe some cottage cheese, toast and fruit," he said. "Then I'll head to the gym and do a good warmup because I feel that's key when you run, you want to sweat a little bit before you do.

"I think everything now is on my side, I just have to go and deliver."

The scouting report on Duvernay-Tardif says he has the size, strength, athleticism, temperament and intelligence to play at the next level. However, there are concerns about his inexperience as an offensive lineman and having played a yard off the ball at McGill, prompting some scouts to question if Duvernay-Tardif can get into blocks quickly enough in the NFL.

Then again, Duvernay-Tardif has experience playing the American game. He participated in the East-West Shrine game in St. Petersburg, Fla., last January.

"I am looking forward to this but at the same time I'm keeping myself occupied," Duvernay-Tardif said. "That way you stay fresh and then you run."

Read latest breaking news, updates, and headlines. Ottawa Citizen offers information on latest national and international events & more.
                    Last edited by ticatfan; 03-26-2014, 09:59 AM.
                    Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                    Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• Swiper
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Sep 2010

We get Tardif and this guy. Good news for us. The Bills have Bills have been scared off since sukie was calling Kelsay & Schoebel the "pink" DEs. LOL

Comment

• ticatfan
                        The Meathead of Muslims!
                        • Jul 2002

MONTREAL -- After much anticipation, McGill offensive lineman Laurent Duvernay-Tardif showcased his skills in front of scouts from both sides of the border on Thursday.

The projected first overall pick in the 2014 CFL Draft held his pro day workout in Montreal, and seemingly impressed all those in attendance.

The St. Hillaire, QC. native has all but secured himself as being the number one pick in May's Draft, but could see himself drop a few spots, and even some rounds, should he be selected in the NFL Draft a week earlier.

Despite the interest from south of the border, CFL scouts continued to keep a close eye on him.

Related LinksDuvernay-Tardif ready to strut his stuff
                        After spending the last four months preparing, Laurent Duvernay-Tardif will finally get a chance to showcase his skills in front of scouts. Duvernay-Tardif tops prospect rankings
                        Duvernay-Tardif to miss CFL Combine

"He's one of the top picks in this draft, for sure,'' said Alouettes' assistant director of player personnel Joey Abrams to The Canadian Press.

"It's difficult to find a kid like this, with his skill set and abilities. He's a rare specimen. This is unprecedented. I've never seen this before. He met expectations. Everyone knew he was big and strong, and he showed that today,'' he added.

According to Duvernay-Tardif's Twitter account, the bruising 298-pounder registered 34 reps on the bench press, ran a 5.08 40-yard dash (though some scouts clocked him in at under five seconds), tallied a time of 4.59 seconds in the shuttle, and a time of 7.3 seconds in the three-cone drill.

He also jumped 32.00" in the vertical, and 9'6" in the broad jump.

Suffice to say, the 2013 J.P. Metras winner lived up to the hype on Thursday.

"I've been training for so long for these tests,'' said the medical student to CP. "It was time to show what I could do. I knew what I was going to hit. I hit those numbers, and even better.''

Members of the Montreal Alouettes, Calgary Stampeders, Toronto Argonauts, and Ottawa REDBLACKS were in attendance to watch Duvernay-Tardif work out.

Representatives from the New York Jets, Oakland Raiders, Kansas City Chiefs, Green Bay Packers, Philadelphia Eagles, Chicago Bears, San Francisco 49ers, Buffalo Bills, and Arizona Cardinals also made the trip to see the prospect go to work.

"I would love to play in the CFL,'' he said. "I played against a lot of people that now play in the CFL. It would be great to play in that league. I'm going to play and do my best wherever I end up.''

With files from The Canadian Press

Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

Working...
                        X