X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffalo Billy Bison
    • Mar 2003

The NFL's best and worst uni's

With the modernization of the Bills uniform you might just wonder how it stacks up against the rest of the league and comment on the findings!

Last edited by Buffalo Billy Bison; 03-24-2014, 02:15 PM.
    11-5 in 2020 and deep into the Playoffs!
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: The NFL's best and worst uni's

29th?!? Ridiculous!
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• feldspar
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by The King View Post
      29th?!? Ridiculous!
      Yep, ridiculous...

29. Buffalo Bills – If the Bills would go back to their old AFL look, they’d boast one of the best unis in the league. But instead, they’ve tried to modernize, missing the mark with a wannabe Patriots look that is plain and lacking uniqueness.
      There is just so much wrong with this...

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

The writer of that article is an Idiot.

Aside from the charging Buffalo on the helmet instead of the standing buffalo, the Bills current uni is very similar to the old uniforms.

Comment

• Meathead
          Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
          • Jul 2002

never heard nor thought of the comparison to the cheaters unis. were they looking at just the throwbacks or something bc id say i agree with that but the regular uniforms are nothing like the cheaters, they are like their own old uniforms
          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• feldspar
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by better days View Post
            The writer of that article is an Idiot.

Aside from the charging Buffalo on the helmet instead of the standing buffalo, the Bills current uni is very similar to the old uniforms.
            This is true.

I don't see how we tried to "moderize" the uniforms at all, nor do I see any correlation to the Patriots uniform whatsoever.

He calls them "plain and lacking uniqueness" but he has the Raiders and Colts at the top of his list...but those are "simple and classic." So there is that contradiction. Why aren't the Bills uniforms "simple and classic?" They are.

Suffice it to say that the writer of the list is indeed an idiot. Doesn't deserve the dignity of a response.

I love the Bills uniforms.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

The guy put the Broncos uniforms in the top ten.

Everything else that came out of his keyboard after that sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher.

I do agree that the Bills should have stuck with the throwbacks, though.

Those blue AFL throwback uni's were the best football uniform I've ever seen, bar none.

Comment

• Gibby
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                The guy put the Broncos uniforms in the top ten.

Everything else that came out of his keyboard after that sounds like Charlie Brown's teacher.

I do agree that the Bills should have stuck with the throwbacks, though.

Those blue AFL throwback uni's were the best football uniform I've ever seen, bar none.
                Speaking of AFL throwbacks, I could agree with the broncos having a top 10 ranking if they would bring back the bucking bronco from the mid sixties. The current ones, Nope. As for the Bills, I'd have to put them in the top half at least.

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                  • Sep 2012

Wow that's some blatant pageview fishing

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• Ed
                    Dude
                    • Sep 2002

I can only assume that they're thinking of the Bills previous navy uniform.

If it makes you guys feel better, in ESPN's Uni Watch Power Rankings the Bills have the 5th best uniforms in the NFL and 16th in all of the major sports.

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

I like our new jerseys a ton. Loved the classic blue home jerseys from the 1960's.

The greatest football jersey is still the Chargers powder blues from the 60's. Watching Lance Alworth blazing down the sidelines in that jersey was a beautiful thing.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                        If it makes you guys feel better, in ESPN's Uni Watch Power Rankings the Bills have the 5th best uniforms in the NFL and 16th in all of the major sports.
                        i was just about to jump off this bridge so thanks a lot for your post
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• WagonCircler
                          Escaped Convict
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                          I like our new jerseys a ton. Loved the classic blue home jerseys from the 1960's.

The greatest football jersey is still the Chargers powder blues from the 60's. Watching Lance Alworth blazing down the sidelines in that jersey was a beautiful thing.
                          I have to go with the Colts (Bills throwbacks notwithstanding). They look exactly the same whether it's #19, #18 or #12 taking the snaps. Or #7 for that matter (my old favorite Bert Jones). Simple, classic, badass.

I have to begrudgingly give props to the Raiduhs. I hate the organization and their fans, but they do have some pretty killer uniforms.

Comment

• more cowbell
                            • Apr 2006

It's obvious this "writer" has no idea the Bills changed their uniforms in 2011...comparing them to the Patriots uniforms...he has to be thinking of the classic fail "Bledsoe" CFL pajama looking uniforms
                            The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Gibby
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by more cowbell View Post
                              It's obvious this "writer" has no idea the Bills changed their uniforms in 2011...comparing them to the Patriots uniforms...he has to be thinking of the classic fail "Bledsoe" CFL pajama looking uniforms
                              Still, how did those abominations compare to the Pats unis? Other than those late 90s duds, the Pats have always had some pretty good unis. The Brady era ones are new, but classic. I hate everything about that team, but they have some good duds. So do the Jets. The Dolphins on the other hand look like they've been wearing fubus for the past decade or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X