PDA

View Full Version : My Succession Plan Theory... What's Yours?

Yasgur's Farm
03-25-2014, 02:24 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that the new majority owner already owns 49% of the team and will inherit an additional 2%... It may be that it's Ralph's only son, Russ Brandon.

BidsJr
03-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Who's Ross Brandon?

alohabillsfan
03-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Figures, stupid thread

Yasgur's Farm
03-25-2014, 02:28 PM
Really? Why?

X-Era
03-25-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict that the new majority owner already owns 49% of the team and will inherit an additional 2%... It may be that it's Ralph's only son, Russ Brandon.
My guess is a group ownership including some former players and Russ Brandon possibly Littman. It will be interesting to see if any local investors are involved in the new onwership.

There is lots of angles to this. The ramifications of the lease. Does the team have to go up for purchase at all? The states stake, the NFL's desires...

Ralph's will has his plan for the team in it for sure.

If this is not a publicly traded company can a hostile takeover even happen?

mrbojanglezs
03-25-2014, 03:02 PM
My theory is the team is passed to his wife, Mary, estate tax free. Russ continues to run the team while a group of appropriate buyers is found

WagonCircler
03-25-2014, 03:03 PM

So, are you saying that you think Russ Brandon owns 49% of the team?

Spare us this stupidity at least for a day or two, please.

BuffaloRedleg
03-25-2014, 03:04 PM
My guess is a group ownership including some former players and Russ Brandon possibly Littman. It will be interesting to see if any local investors are involved in the new onwership.

There is lots of angles to this. The ramifications of the lease. Does the team have to go up for purchase at all? The states stake, the NFL's desires...

Ralph's will has his plan for the team in it for sure.

If this is not a publicly traded company can a hostile takeover even happen?

So all the guys who have been running the team into the ground will continue to run the team into the ground.

SpikedLemonade
03-25-2014, 05:48 PM
I have told you for years that the plan is to sell the team to the highest bidder over a period of a couple of years as potential bidders organize themselves.

The new owner then needs to be approved by the owners.

This team will not move before that 7th year clause.

The pressure will be on to build a new stadium with tax dollars.

YardRat
03-25-2014, 08:24 PM
Brandon may be a minority owner with the eventual new group, but I don't see how he could end up with 51%...that's a lot of money.

DraftBoy
03-25-2014, 08:30 PM
Neither Brandon nor Littman have the cash to buy the team, or even 51% of it.

You're talking about a team that will cost roughly $1 Billion dollars to buy.