PDA

View Full Version : Bills future will be addressed in the near future.

BidsJr
03-25-2014, 02:30 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Statement-on-the-passing-of-owner-Ralph-C-Wilson-Jr-/af2d21b5-0053-448d-a04c-626f761487a6

We understand our fans’ curiosity in wanting to know what the future holds for our organization and that will be addressed in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess Ralph had a plan after all.

gr8slayer
03-25-2014, 02:31 PM
Wonder what their definition of "near future" is.

Mr. Miyagi
03-25-2014, 02:34 PM
Hopefully the "plan" wasn't hinging on Jimbo's health and availability. :(

BidsJr
03-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Hopefully the "plan" wasn't hinging on Jimbo's health and availability. :(

Ugh.

Strike 1, strike 2, strike 3 ):

Michael82
03-25-2014, 03:05 PM
I've always wondered if there is a secret plan that we didn't know about until he passed. I wonder if maybe his daughters will keep the team....

mrbojanglezs
03-25-2014, 03:13 PM
I've always wondered if there is a secret plan that we didn't know about until he passed. I wonder if maybe his daughters will keep the team....

thats unlikely because of the enormous estate tax burden. Its likely going to his wife or in some sort of trust for the duration of the lease.

imbondz
03-25-2014, 03:16 PM
it's going to be sold to us fans like the Packers!

don137
03-25-2014, 03:17 PM

I am no lawyer but with an estate tax rate of 40% after 5.34MM I doubt the family can afford to keep it. You are talking about 400MM in taxes going to the government just from the value of the Bills.

X-Era
03-25-2014, 03:22 PM
it's going to be sold to us fans like the Packers!I thought the NFL prohibited that but I could be wrong.

mrbojanglezs
03-25-2014, 03:24 PM
I am no lawyer but with an estate tax rate of 40% after 5.34MM I doubt the family can afford to keep it. You are talking about 400MM in taxes going to the government just from the value of the Bills.

estate tax does not need to be paid if it is left to his spouse Mary

SpikedLemonade
03-25-2014, 05:44 PM

Ralph said long ago he was not going to do that.

DraftBoy
03-25-2014, 06:30 PM
The team is going to be sold, to whom or under what conditions is a complete debate. But we do know the family is not keeping the team.

BertSquirtgum
03-25-2014, 07:08 PM
The team is going to be sold, to whom or under what conditions is a complete debate. But we do know the family is not keeping the team.

Actually, you really don't know **** about what's going on with this team behind closed doors. Anyone who thinks they do is a complete idiot.

OpIv37
03-25-2014, 07:34 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Statement-on-the-passing-of-owner-Ralph-C-Wilson-Jr-/af2d21b5-0053-448d-a04c-626f761487a6

We understand our fans’ curiosity in wanting to know what the future holds for our organization and that will be addressed in the near future.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess Ralph had a plan after all.

Holy jump to conclusions BATMAN!

(and holy dated reference, Batman!)

The team doesn't define "near future." It could mean "when the family decides who they will sell to."

This is nothing but a press release to say "Hey *******s, give us some time to mourn Ralph before bugging us about the future of the team!"

OpIv37
03-25-2014, 07:35 PM
Actually, you really don't know **** about what's going on with this team behind closed doors. Anyone who thinks they do is a complete idiot.

The family has said publicly that they don't want to keep the team. I suppose it's possible that they could change their minds, but his post has nothing to do with anything that goes on behind closed doors and everything to do with things that have been publicly stated.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, we all saw Shawshank Redemption.

OpIv37
03-25-2014, 08:19 PM

FYI from the Buffalo News:

The death of the Bills' 95-year-old owner on Tuesday means the team eventually will be put up for sale by Wilson's estate. That was the plan Wilson laid out decades ago and one he vehemently stuck to in recent years as local worries about the future of the franchise increased.
There's already a thread about the article, but for simplicity's sake:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/what8217s-next-for-the-bills-for-now-the-team-will-be-controlled-by-a-trust-20140325

DraftBoy
03-25-2014, 08:28 PM

What are you even talking about? The family has said on multiple occasions they are not keeping the team. I'm not claiming any kind of insider info or acting like I know something everybody else doesn't know.

BertSquirtgum
03-25-2014, 09:03 PM
They can say whatever they want. I don't believe anything they say.

OpIv37
03-25-2014, 09:28 PM
They can say whatever they want. I don't believe anything they say.

You have a very arbitrary method of determining what you believe and what you don't.

I'll wait while you look up the definition of "arbitrary".....