• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

The Bills will go into a trust

Basically says the Bills are here for at least a few more years. Brings up Golisano and Pegula who both have stated they will step in and get involved if the team looks like it's in danger of moving. Mentions Kelly who is rumored to have a group to step up and buy the team.

States that the penalty for an early move out of Buffalo is 400 mill plus a relocation fee set by the NFL that could be 200 mill.

Littman and others may be executors of the estate:

"Long-time Bills treasurer Jeffrey C. Littmann is one of the executors of Wilson’s estate, and he will be part of the decision-making team in charge of overseeing the sale of the team. It’s believed there are one or two other executors in addition to Littmann."
    Last edited by X-Era; 03-25-2014, 04:13 PM.

• Pinkerton Security
    Pinkerton's son
    • Feb 2006

Re: The Bills will go into a trust

Solid, fact-filled article. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I feel that more likely than not, the Bills will stay in Buffalo, for many of the reasons listed in the article.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

I would hope neither Pegula's or Golisano's involvement is necessary.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

still doesn't sound great, but that new lease deal bought us a lot of time. as much as i hate brandon's meddlesome ways with the personnel, that lease was huge. if they didn't hvae that today, the bidding war would have started tomorrow and the team could have left on a van before the season started.

brandon does deserve credit for getting that done.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
        I would hope neither Pegula's or Golisano's involvement is necessary.
        afraid of darcy getting rehired!

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
          Skoobasaurus-Rex
          • Oct 2011

This is huge, gives the team time to get organized & get a stadium in line.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by NaturalBornSpiller View Post
            Solid, fact-filled article. Maybe I'm being optimistic but I feel that more likely than not, the Bills will stay in Buffalo, for many of the reasons listed in the article.
            I agree. Nice article not just a bunch of speculations.

Comment

• jimmifli
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
              still doesn't sound great, but that new lease deal bought us a lot of time. as much as i hate brandon's meddlesome ways with the personnel, that lease was huge. if they didn't hvae that today, the bidding war would have started tomorrow and the team could have left on a van before the season started.

brandon does deserve credit for getting that done.
              That's a little generous.

It's not like Russ was arguing to get a big penalty claus added. All he had to do was agree to it, even then it came with big money attached.

"Sure... if you throw in $130 million of tax payers money to benefit my private for profit business that is owned by a billionaire, I'll agree that if we try to skip town early we'll pay you a bunch of money."

Comment

• X-Era
                What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                • Feb 2005

Personally I don't think dropping 600 mill extra just to move the team before 2020 is anything to be overlooked. I mean if the team ends up selling for 1 billion you're talking about paying a 60% premium just to move it before 2020.

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

To me the out clause looks timed to allow LA to get their act together on a stadium.

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

[QUOTE=jimmifli;3928003]That's a little generous.

It's not like Russ was arguing to get a big penalty claus added. All he had to do was agree to it, even then it came with big money attached.

"Sure... if you throw in $130 million of tax payers money to benefit my private for profit business that is owned by a billionaire, I'll agree that if we try to skip town early we'll pay you a bunch of money."[/
                    QUOTE]

totally true, but he could have also said, "why sign anything. the guy is going to pass away, and we can sell this to anyone and not have the burden of a 7 year lease on there." That would have been the greedier thing to do. and with ralph being as old as he was, it probably was the more profitable move for them.

I truly dislike everything about the Russ Regime, but i'm willing to give him credit for that.

Comment

• DetDannyWilliams
                      Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
                      • Feb 2013

don't forget about Bob Rich owner of the Buffalo Bisons he has approached RW amount of times about him talking about buying the Bills and he has always wanted the Bills, Also Jeremy Jacobs Sports Service owner and Boston Bruins owner has said he has interest in the Bills but for Jacobs to become owner of the Bills he would have to give up the Bruins.
                      Last edited by DetDannyWilliams; 03-25-2014, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• jimmifli
                        • Nov 2006

"why sign anything. the guy is going to pass away, and we can sell this to anyone and not have the burden of a 7 year lease on there."
                        Ralph wanted the team in Buffalo until his death.

The stadium needed renos, and letting the lease run out would have caused a huge **** storm at the NFL offices. They got a cheap deal on rent, a bunch of free money and still managed to get an out clause that fits well with the sale of the team.

The new owner will have government by the balls - "new stadium or we leave", that REALLY increases the value of the franchise at sale. He got the best of both worlds. The team stays, he gets near maximum for a Buffalo based NFL franchise, and gives the new owner some bargaining power to potentially keep the team here (if state and local governments give hundreds of millions of dollars to a billionaire).

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                          • Jun 2024

It is unfolding as I said it would.

This will take time and the Bills are not leaving any time soon.

The 7th year clause will put pressure on a new stadium being built with tax dollars.

The team will not be moved before then to face a huge penalty.

Can I ask only one question -- to those who always insisted that Ralph must have a secret plan for the succession of the Bills to remain in Buffalo, will you please admit you were wrong all along?

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                            Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
                            To me the out clause looks timed to allow LA to get their act together on a stadium.
                            What Ralph wants out of an LA stadium is a seller's market. I'll bet his daughters are ghost money behind an LA offer.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

We have at least seven years to try and build a winning team and make a run for a Super Bowl. How long they are here after that is anybody's guess. Does all them same people wish we still let our good players walk for years so we would never be in cap hell but in return be stuck in mediocrity?

Comment

Working...
                              X