• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Get well wishes for Jim Kelly

Jim,

The strength and dignity that you have exhibited in your battle with cancer is admirable. I have many great memories of you starting with your press conference when you signed with the Bills to the last minute run for an opening day victory in Miami to 4 straight Super Bowl appearances. But what gives me the greatest respect for you is how you have handled adversity in your life and the strength and optimism that you continue to display.

I wish you nothing but the best in your battle and will be pulling for you to pull this out. Get well soon so you can be on the sidelines for as many games as you desire this year!
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 04-01-2014, 03:49 PM.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • MTBillsFan
    • May 2003

Re: Get well wishes for Jim Kelly

Dear Jim,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am hoping and praying for a speedy and full recovery. You are my childhood hero. Your toughness and resolve helped me through lots of childhood surgeries. God Speed Jim!
    Send me some wings!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Dear Jim

You have been and will continue to be one of the few pro athletes that I have a true place in my heart.
      I am praying for a full recovery and please know you are in my thoughts daily.

Comment

• better days
        • Jan 2010

Jim & family, you are in my prayers.

best of luck for a speedy recovery.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Continue to hang tough in the pocket Jimbo. We'll worry about the prayers and you just focus on out-willing this thing like it's a tough defense. And you WILL kick its ass like you always have. We got your back man!

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Jim,

During your career you showed us the true meaning of toughness and resilience.
            After your career you showed us the meaning of family, and that sometimes the toughest people can still be vulnerable, and that being vulnerable does not make one weak.

There's no man better equipped to beat cancer than you. You're tough, you're grounded, you're loved by millions.
            Just like after a big hit, you'll get up, you look cancer right in the face and say, "is that all you got?"

Get em' Jimbo!
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• jills
              • Oct 2009

Jim,

My prayers go out to you and your family, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                Pinkerton's son
                • Feb 2006

Jim -

You have been one of my favorite pro athletes for as long as I remember, and continue to be so. I wish you a speedy recovery and know that you're in the prayers of all Bills fans!

Comment

• Oldbillsfan
                  shelby's big brother smilie smilie
                  • Mar 2007

Be strong Jim, your career and efforts have always inspired me as a human being. Thank you for the excitement and great Buffalo Bills memories you created!

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

Jim.

Your faith and strength are an inspiration! I am praying for you and your family. I know if anyone can beat cancer Jim Kelly can!

Comment

• stuckincincy
                      Buffalo Bills Fan
                      • Sep 2003

On your side, Jimbo!
                      Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Gibby
                        Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                        • Jun 2006

Jim,

Growing up I enjoyed watching you lead the Bills to win after win. I was always awed by your toughness, tenacity, and resilience. I know that you will recover from this one as well. Remember that verse from the ballad of Sir Andrew that your fellow Hall of Famer Marv Levy posted in the locker room from time to time, "Fight on my men Sir Andrew Said, though wounded I'm not yet slain. I'll lay me down and bleed a while and then I'll get up and fight again. You showed such toughness then, you showed such toughness for Hunter, you are the epitome of toughness and courage and have always been one of my heroes. Praying for you. God bless

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                          • Jun 2005

Be strong Jimbo and beat that cancer. All of us in BillsMafia are sending you prayers!! Get Well!

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Jim to forego surgery and go in for chemo and radiation. My prayers are still there......
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

Jim
                              My family sends are thoughts and prayers to you and wish you a full recovery!!
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X