PDA

View Full Version : Get well wishes for Jim Kelly

Dr. Lecter
03-26-2014, 08:48 AM
Jim,

The strength and dignity that you have exhibited in your battle with cancer is admirable. I have many great memories of you starting with your press conference when you signed with the Bills to the last minute run for an opening day victory in Miami to 4 straight Super Bowl appearances. But what gives me the greatest respect for you is how you have handled adversity in your life and the strength and optimism that you continue to display.

I wish you nothing but the best in your battle and will be pulling for you to pull this out. Get well soon so you can be on the sidelines for as many games as you desire this year!

MTBillsFan
03-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Dear Jim,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I am hoping and praying for a speedy and full recovery. You are my childhood hero. Your toughness and resolve helped me through lots of childhood surgeries. God Speed Jim!

THATHURMANATOR
03-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Dear Jim

You have been and will continue to be one of the few pro athletes that I have a true place in my heart.
I am praying for a full recovery and please know you are in my thoughts daily.

better days
03-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Jim & family, you are in my prayers.

best of luck for a speedy recovery.

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2014, 11:27 AM
Continue to hang tough in the pocket Jimbo. We'll worry about the prayers and you just focus on out-willing this thing like it's a tough defense. And you WILL kick its ass like you always have. We got your back man!

The King
03-26-2014, 11:38 AM
Jim,

During your career you showed us the true meaning of toughness and resilience.
After your career you showed us the meaning of family, and that sometimes the toughest people can still be vulnerable, and that being vulnerable does not make one weak.

There's no man better equipped to beat cancer than you. You're tough, you're grounded, you're loved by millions.
Just like after a big hit, you'll get up, you look cancer right in the face and say, "is that all you got?"

Get em' Jimbo!

jills
03-26-2014, 11:39 AM
Jim,

My prayers go out to you and your family, I wish you a speedy recovery.

Pinkerton Security
03-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Jim -

You have been one of my favorite pro athletes for as long as I remember, and continue to be so. I wish you a speedy recovery and know that you're in the prayers of all Bills fans!

Oldbillsfan
03-26-2014, 12:09 PM
Be strong Jim, your career and efforts have always inspired me as a human being. Thank you for the excitement and great Buffalo Bills memories you created!

Novacane
03-26-2014, 12:12 PM
Jim.

Your faith and strength are an inspiration! I am praying for you and your family. I know if anyone can beat cancer Jim Kelly can!

stuckincincy
03-26-2014, 01:20 PM
On your side, Jimbo!

Generalissimus Gibby
03-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Jim,

Growing up I enjoyed watching you lead the Bills to win after win. I was always awed by your toughness, tenacity, and resilience. I know that you will recover from this one as well. Remember that verse from the ballad of Sir Andrew that your fellow Hall of Famer Marv Levy posted in the locker room from time to time, "Fight on my men Sir Andrew Said, though wounded I'm not yet slain. I'll lay me down and bleed a while and then I'll get up and fight again. You showed such toughness then, you showed such toughness for Hunter, you are the epitome of toughness and courage and have always been one of my heroes. Praying for you. God bless

SquishDaFish
03-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Be strong Jimbo and beat that cancer. All of us in BillsMafia are sending you prayers!! Get Well!

Turf
03-26-2014, 03:19 PM
Jim to forego surgery and go in for chemo and radiation. My prayers are still there......

tampabay25690
03-26-2014, 09:14 PM
Jim
My family sends are thoughts and prayers to you and wish you a full recovery!!

Jeff1220
03-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Jim,
As a teenager, you were one of my heroes because of what you did on the football field. As an adult, seeing the way you've weathered life's storms with faith, grace, and grit, my admiration for you as a man is even greater. You and your family are in my prayers.

jpdex12
03-26-2014, 09:33 PM
Jim,

Our actions define who we are and how we are remembered. Your actions throughout your life have certainly defined who you are. Fortunately for us your fame put you in all of our lives to become a visible example of how to stay strong and keep fighting on no matter what. Because of what you have accomplished and who you are, you will live forever. You will always be remembered. You will always exemplify what it means to be a leader. Thank you for all you have done for us. Keep fighting, we are with you.

DraftBoy
03-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Jim,

Growing up you were among the first heroes I ever had in life. Watching you play footballs on Sundays is still one of my most treasured memories. Unlike many other athletes you took personified what it meant to be a hero both on and off the field. Your work for your son Hunter and for the City of Buffalo do more to define who you are far more than anything you could of ever hoped to accomplish on Sundays at Orchard Park. Stay strong and keep fighting.

You're in the thoughts and prayers of my family.

LarryBoy
03-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Jim Kelly and Family-

Prayers go out to all of you-God Bless and I cant wait to see you on the sidelines.

Historian
03-27-2014, 12:48 PM
You're as tough as a piece of iron, Jimbo, you'll get through this.

After you recover, I expect that you will found an oral cancer charity to help others beat it!

Skooby
03-27-2014, 11:06 PM
Get well soon. MMD