PDA

View Full Version : Should the Bills incorporate Ralph into the uniform design?

IlluminatusUIUC
03-26-2014, 09:46 AM
Obviously we will be wearing a commemorative patch of some kind this year for Ralph's passing. Should we go one step further and incorporate his initials into our uniform, as the Bears have done with Halas?

http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2012/10/22/102212-NFL-Chicago-Bears-Jay-Cutler-PI-AA_20121022152711747_660_320.JPG

I think so.

Pinkerton Security
03-26-2014, 09:59 AM
Would be a nice gesture. I'm sure they'll do something, idk if it will become a part of the uniform though

SpikedLemonade
03-26-2014, 10:04 AM
Sure. Why not?

The Jokeman
03-26-2014, 10:05 AM
Obviously we will be wearing a commemorative patch of some kind this year for Ralph's passing. Should we go one step further and incorporate his initials into our uniform, as the Bears have done with Halas?

I think so.

He has the stadium named after him and I don't mind a patch like "RCW Jr" for the fourthcoming season but in terms of a long term change, nope I think it's foolish.

OpIv37
03-26-2014, 10:16 AM
Look, in the wake of Ralph's recent passing, I'm trying to be positive and focus on the good things he did rather than the bad.

But let's not let emotion cloud our judgment- this team has sucked for the majority of Ralph's ownership.

I'm fine with a patch or arm band or something for this season. As far as making it a permanent part of the uniform, hell no.

coastal
03-26-2014, 10:18 AM
How about this..

$

Meathead
03-26-2014, 10:21 AM
yes on the helmet. replace streaky with ralph in a heisman pose. and just like with streaky we'll give him a tiny little weiner

sukie
03-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Not on the uni... Just add Ralph to the name of Wilson, NY and be done with it. He's got his own ego tribute in place with the stadium.

trapezeus
03-26-2014, 10:59 AM
maybe if it was like a hidden thing that wasn't really obvious on the arm (in terms of long term incorporation). Aside from that it should just be the patch for the year.

Meathead
03-26-2014, 11:10 AM
Just add Ralph to the name of Wilson, NY and be done with it.

ah my old home town. they can put his monument right next to our monument to duct tape hammocks

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/5/1/16/enhanced-buzz-24710-1367441890-17.jpg

Mr. Miyagi
03-26-2014, 11:21 AM
I like the idea of putting RW permanently on the uniform. Keep in mind he wasn't just the owner, he was the founder and the sole owner of the Bills. He deserves to be celebrated as long as the Bills exist.

Oldbillsfan
03-26-2014, 12:16 PM
I think its a good Idea to have Ralph's initials on there permanently like the Bears. And since they are at it put a for sale logo on the chest.

sukie
03-26-2014, 12:28 PM
Can the helmet adorn some jowels?

gebobs
03-26-2014, 12:57 PM
I like the idea of putting RW permanently on the uniform. Keep in mind he wasn't just the owner, he was the founder and the sole owner of the Bills. He deserves to be celebrated as long as the Bills exist.
Not permanent. He brought the Bills to Buffalo, but he was also a colossal failure. It is fitting that his memory be acknowledged up until his last run of fail ends. If and when they win another playoff game, remove it.

stuckincincy
03-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Not permanent. He brought the Bills to Buffalo, but he was also a colossal failure. It is fitting that his memory be acknowledged up until his last run of fail ends. If and when they win another playoff game, remove it.

Why do you say he was he a colossal failure?

justasportsfan
03-26-2014, 01:27 PM
yes on the helmet. replace streaky with ralph in a heisman pose. a

I would only do that when we play in the SB next season.

The King
03-26-2014, 01:52 PM
I am sure they'll wear a patch.

The Jokeman
03-26-2014, 02:22 PM

Do the Raiders hae Al Davis' name on their uniforms? Of the Chiefs and Lamar Hunt? Nope it's just not done, why should the Bills be any different? I have no problem giving Wilson his due in naming part of the stadium after him etc but on the uniform is just dumb.

swiper
03-26-2014, 03:45 PM
ah my old home town. they can put his monument right next to our monument to duct tape hammocks

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr02/2013/5/1/16/enhanced-buzz-24710-1367441890-17.jpg

Wilson was always a favorite fishing destination for this kid from NT.

Night Train
03-26-2014, 04:26 PM
His initials on a patch.

YardRat
03-26-2014, 04:36 PM
Patch for this season definitely.

I'm certainly not in the camp of the spoiled rotten lil' "I'm entitled' ignorant douchebags that hold nothing but scorn for Ralph, but making it part of the uniform permanent isn't a great idea.

A statue, or bust, at the stadium would be nice though.

kgun12
03-26-2014, 06:35 PM
Of course the NFL should and will do something. Even though their are a few anti-Ralph people here, the man is so much a part of this community and the NFL we don't even understand. Again thank you ralph! 1 of 32 how great is that?

kgun12
03-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Of course the NFL should and will do something. Even though their are a few anti-Ralph people here, the man is so much a part of this community and the NFL we don't even understand. Again thank you ralph! 1 of 32 how great is that?

BTW Erie County should keep the stadium name Ralph Wilson forever!

Mace
03-26-2014, 08:08 PM

Hey ! I had one of those ! Was hell in the heat. No one would come help me get off of it but yelled at me to man up and surge to the ground. Thing was though, I was a little kid, so I'd basically end up upside down waving my arms and legs at the grass. Then they'd all laugh at me and pelt me with stones.

You know, seriously, I just wish they could commemorate him without it being a national joke on a feeble team. If they do commemorate him, with the right thought behind it, everyone will still make fun of it. You see fans doing it in this very thread. Doesn't seem fair. Will seem less fair in a couple years when we get John Y. Brown'ed and people talk about it in retrospect.

Call them the Buffalo Wilsons, change the blue to black, and destroy people for a few years while we still can.

IlluminatusUIUC
03-26-2014, 08:20 PM
Do the Raiders hae Al Davis' name on their uniforms? Of the Chiefs and Lamar Hunt? Nope it's just not done, why should the Bills be any different?

What? Both the Chiefs and the Raiders have permanent memorials on their uniforms:

http://www.uni-watch.com/wp-content/uploads/perma1.png

Also, the Browns had Al Lerner's name on their uniform for ten years:
http://www.uni-watch.com/wp-content/uploads/browns1.png

It's done fairly frequently.

I have no problem giving Wilson his due in naming part of the stadium after him etc but on the uniform is just dumb.

That's not going to last, naming the stadium after Wilson actually costs the team money. It'd be nice, but if the new owner wants to honor Ralph he'd be better served by selling the naming rights and donating the proceeds to Ralph's charities.

mikemac2001
03-27-2014, 12:44 AM
Ralph should be on the uniform

People get so mad the bills wouldnt exist if it wasnt for him respect the man

kishoph
03-27-2014, 04:50 AM

I guess that some people can't grasp how big it is to have a NFL team in your city, there are 32 cities in the world that have that honor and Ralph Wilson not only brought one to Buffalo, but he kept it here for over 50 years, despite numerous opportunities and offers to relocate them. For over 40 years, I've looked forward to every weekend during football season, because of the excitement, joy and camaraderie that the Buffalo Bills have brought me and all this because of Ralph Wilson.

People also need to realize that Ralph was much more than a NFL owner, he was successful even before the Bills and through his life long success he was able to donate $Millions to research and charities and without ever looking for any acclaim for doing so.

As for incorporating something into the uniform honoring Ralph, I'm all for it, I think what the Bears did for George Halas is awesome and if the Bills decided to do it, I'd be for it. I'd like to see them go back to the original helmet and jerseys, whether it's in honor of Ralph or not.

Generalissimus Gibby
03-27-2014, 04:57 PM
Actually an AFL patch with an RW like the Chiefs have for Lamar Hunt would be a great permanent addition to the uniform.

DynaPaul
03-27-2014, 07:34 PM
Scrooge McDuck will appear on the helmet.

Let's go buffalo
03-28-2014, 09:36 AM
Colossal failure? That's extremely exaggerated. He's in the hall of fame so I wouldn't label him a failure. He may not have been the best owner but without him we may never have even seen a NFL team in Buffalo

gebobs
03-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Colossal failure? That's extremely exaggerated.
"Extremely exaggerated"? That's exceptionally aggrandizing. :-)

He's in the hall of fame so I wouldn't label him a failure.
You're welcome to your opinion. I'll keep mine. Colossal failure. The franchise didn't do squat but or a few years in a second-rate league (yay) and one stretch in the bigs where a perfect storm of events collided to counteract Ralph's usual bumbling management.

He may not have been the best owner but without him we may never have even seen a NFL team in Buffalo
As I said in my post.