PDA

View Full Version : Mike Evans' Pro Day!

justasportsfan
03-27-2014, 01:11 PM
Gil Brandt @Gil_Brandt
Follow

Mike Evans has the best hands I've seen since Calvin Johnson.

Pete Prisco @PriscoCBS
Follow

It's funny the slobbering over Mike Evans today. GM to me the other day at meetings: Not that impressed Prisco the jets fan could be talking down Evans so the jets grab him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2008075-mike-evans-breaking-down-texas-am-wrs-pro-day-workout

Ed
03-27-2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I'm sure GM's make decisions based off things Pete Prisco says.

justasportsfan
03-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Yeah, I'm sure GM's make decisions based off things Pete Prisco says.

I wasn't being serious but I hope the jets don't end up with Evans if we don't

elltrain22
03-27-2014, 01:19 PM
He would look great in a Bills uniform!!

Mr. Miyagi
03-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Prisco the jets fan could be talking down Evans so the jets grab him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2008075-mike-evans-breaking-down-texas-am-wrs-pro-day-workout
I'll listen to Gil Brandt before Prisco any day of the week.

justasportsfan
03-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Now that we re-signed the 6'7" Chandler, my guess is the bills grab the 6'5" Evans to improve our redzone woe's.

mikemac2001
03-27-2014, 01:50 PM
such a deep WR draft but that size and play making ability its hard to be upset if thats the pick but it always depends who is still on the board

Novacane
03-27-2014, 02:36 PM
I want him! We don't have a WR on our roster capable of being a true #1 IMO. I'd be ok with a T but really want Evans!

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2014, 02:57 PM
We need a OT ahead of a WR that early.

feldspar
03-27-2014, 03:01 PM
If we go WR at #9, I think you go Sammy Watkins or draft a different position.

justasportsfan
03-27-2014, 03:08 PM

I don't think Watkins will be there at 9.

SpikedLemonade
03-27-2014, 03:08 PM

Watkins is gone before #9 in every mock draft I have seen this year.

mysticsoto
03-27-2014, 03:12 PM

Or trade down and take Evans a little lower. But I'm warming up to the 'grab a top Tackle' crowd. Elite Tackles on each end. Grab a Guard in the 2nd or 3rd and we'll have a top Oline for years. I'm betting that would help EJ more than anything else we can do.

The WR draft is deep. We can grab a decent one later...

The Jokeman
03-27-2014, 03:18 PM
Watkins is gone before #9 in every mock draft I have seen this year.

Dane Brugler @dpbrugler
Follow
Interesting: there are at least 2 NFL teams who have Texas A&M's Mike Evans as the top WR on their draft board #NFLDraft
12:18 PM - 21 Mar 2014

Can we say Maybin > Orakapo? As good as Evans iI question if he'll be an impact. When I say impact I mean getting over 1000 yards and 5 or more TDs. It doesn't happen often and to me that's what the Bills need if going to take WR at pick 9. Personally I just don't see a rookie WR making an impact and think it's foolish to take one with our top pick. Meanwhile I could see a guy like Lewan and start and be an impact as most experts feel all the OTs in top part of the draft are better than the OTs that went at the top last year and last year guys like Fisher, Lane Johnson and Fluker were all impact picks in the top 20 and all played RT.

GvilleBills
03-27-2014, 03:18 PM
I'll listen to Gil Brandt before Prisco any day of the week.
Yep. Brandt is one of the best, and Prisco is a class A d-bag.

The last buffalo fan
03-27-2014, 05:32 PM
Or trade down and take Evans a little lower. But I'm warming up to the 'grab a top Tackle' crowd. Elite Tackles on each end. Grab a Guard in the 2nd or 3rd and we'll have a top Oline for years. I'm betting that would help EJ more than anything else we can do.

Agree on everythig. Yes, we could pick a decent player, not elite, and that is always our problem, picking decent or potential talent. :ill:

X-Era
03-27-2014, 06:21 PM
Evans has cemented his stock as a potential top 10 pick.

He's very much in play at 9.

justasportsfan
03-27-2014, 06:52 PM

If the OL is deep like they say it is and you can find a future solid ot in the 2nd round like another Glenn, then I would like a potential elite weapon in the 1st that is what Evans is.

tampabay25690
03-27-2014, 07:26 PM
I don't think Watkins will be there at 9.

He won't be

Goobylal
03-27-2014, 09:35 PM

Such as...?

If the OL is deep like they say it is and you can find a future solid ot in the 2nd round like another Glenn, then I would like a potential elite weapon in the 1st that is what Evans is.
Yep. The Bills got Glenn in the 2nd and this draft is deeper and you can find a good RT in the later rounds in most drafts, but especially this one.

BertSquirtgum
03-27-2014, 10:32 PM
If the Bills don't have Mike Evans at 9.......they are a-holes.

BertSquirtgum
03-27-2014, 10:48 PM
Have should say draft. Don't know how spell check did that.

Night Train
03-28-2014, 04:33 AM
I can't help but see James Hardy somewhat, when looking at Evans. Tall, lacks ability to seperate. Has far better hands but still..

He can't just sky over CB's for easy catches in the NFL. Won't shift the D at all. SIngle coverage. Pats just got Revis to cement that position...they are good at CB...we counter with the equivalent of a pawn in the game of chess ? I'd have to learn to like that pick. Explosive Odell Beckham of LSU would be a better pick, if we had WR on the brain. Gets tons of seperation and is a top returner.

OT, D Front 7 starter or TE Ebron would seem wiser in Round 1.

Minotaur95
03-28-2014, 05:59 AM
I only saw bits and pieces of his pro day, but I couldn't get a read on his skills because: a) there was no coverage, and b) Manziel underthrew everyone on the deep balls. The NFL Network guys were fawning over Manziel's deep ball, but I did not see him hit a receiver in stride a single time (in the limited number of reps I saw). Evans adjusted to the ball well, but with no coverage, I didn't see that as anything to write home about.

I know this thread is about Evans, but I wasn't impressed with Manziel, and couldn't judge Evans well.

Tatonka
03-28-2014, 08:37 AM
might seem a little crazy, but if we are looking for a big red zone threat, why wouldn't you look for development out of Kaufman.. that is exactly what he is.

we drafted woods, Goodwin, and picked up Kaufman last year.. they get one year to turn into stars? while our qb was in and out of the line up all season? I just don't see it.. you take a WR with a pick that high, your basically saying that you have no confidence in what you did just one year prior.. I don't see that happening.. I see us going OL, LB, or TE.

Mr. Miyagi
03-29-2014, 01:04 AM
I hope we draft Evans and give him #83. I already have that jersey!

Downinfloflo
03-29-2014, 02:51 AM
Evans is a #2 guy at best nothing elite about him, not worth being drafted 9th.

Build the damn O-Line, But that's not the sexy thing to do.

BuffaloRedleg
03-29-2014, 03:43 AM
So I guess the tape lied, his pro-day is who he really is.

Not buying it.

John Doe
03-29-2014, 07:26 AM
might seem a little crazy, but if we are looking for a big red zone threat, why wouldn't you look for development out of Kaufman.. that is exactly what he is.

we drafted woods, Goodwin, and picked up Kaufman last year.. they get one year to turn into stars? while our qb was in and out of the line up all season? I just don't see it.. you take a WR with a pick that high, your basically saying that you have no confidence in what you did just one year prior.. I don't see that happening.. I see us going OL, LB, or TE.

I think that Kaufman would have made the team last year if he could contribute on special teams. He looked to be a better receiver than Hogan or Easley, but they were better special teamers and that is where you have to contribute if you are low on the depth chart.

Kaufman will compete again this year and it will be interesting to see if he has added anything to his game.

swiper
03-29-2014, 07:57 AM
I think that Kaufman would have made the team last year if he could contribute on special teams. He looked to be a better receiver than Hogan or Easley, but they were better special teamers and that is where you have to contribute if you are low on the depth chart.

Kaufman will compete again this year and it will be interesting to see if he has added anything to his game.

He's not better than Ramses Barden.

GvilleBills
03-29-2014, 11:39 AM
He's not better than Ramses Barden.
Kaufman is younger, but I'm intrigued by Barden.

YardRat
03-29-2014, 07:49 PM
With the special teams additions they've made so far, Easley may indeed be in jeopardy of losing his roster spot to Barden or Kauffman.