So does Russ Brandon have the FINAL final say now on all matters in Buffalo Bills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

So does Russ Brandon have the FINAL final say now on all matters in Buffalo Bills?

I don't know who's on that board of Trust that owns the Bills now, and I don't know how the Trust is written in regards to trustees' limitations. Is it suffice to say right now, Brandon is THE man who has the final say in the Bills?
    Last edited by ghz in pittsburgh; 03-28-2014, 06:30 AM.
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: So does Russ Brandon have the FINAL final say now on all matters in Buffalo Bills

If that's the case, we're doomed.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Re: So does Russ Brandon have the FINAL final say now on all matters in Buffalo Bills

Or Littman.

Whoever has direct access to accounts payable always rules the kingdom.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

i would believe that the way the trust is set up is mostly to mimick how things have been done for the last year or two publically. and the guys who are on that team more or less learned everything that ralph liked to do and how he did it. as a result, i don't expect much of a change.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Yeah I really don't think the trust means anything. It will either be made up do the same guys- Brandon, Overdorf, Littman- or by a bunch of accountants who just rubber stamp any standard business from those guys and are just there to make sure they don't do anything crazy.

I expect no changes until the team is sold, at least as far as day to day business and standard practices are concerned.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Tattaglia is a pimp...

Comment

• Turf
              • Jul 2002

I wonder who steps in if Brandon disagrees with Littman. Someone ultimately has to have the final say.
              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

they don't disagree. they will always put money ahead of the actual team's ability to be competitive. "keep a top 5 player, or go fish for another one in the draft for cheaper? We are all in agreement to keep the money and see if we can find another player? great. next topic for discussion."

Comment

• GreedoII
                  • Aug 2007

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                  they don't disagree. they will always put money ahead of the actual team's ability to be competitive. "keep a top 5 player, or go fish for another one in the draft for cheaper? We are all in agreement to keep the money and see if we can find another player? great. next topic for discussion."

Why would it be in there best interest to stay close to the vest on these types of decisions now that the owner isn't around? Why not splurge and make calculated risks since the team is being sold within the next 3-5 yrs anyway? Is it maximize as much net gain as possible for a sale I guess??

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

Originally posted by GreedoII View Post
                    Why would it be in there best interest to stay close to the vest on these types of decisions now that the owner isn't around? Why not splurge and make calculated risks since the team is being sold within the next 3-5 yrs anyway? Is it maximize as much net gain as possible for a sale I guess??
                    i guess that makes sense from a marketing perspective if they want to pump up the value of the franchise and show its viability to stay in buffalo. If they could get the bills to the playoffs during the years of the trust and the stadium sells out all 8 games, and a playoff atmosphere shows huge profits, they'll make a case that the bills are worth keeping in Buffalo.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                      Escaped Convict
                      • Jul 2002

If he does, it's only temporary. He's a dead man walking.

NOBODY who eventually buys the team will leave him in place with the kind of power he has. He is completely unqualified for his position.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by WagonCircler View Post
                        If he does, it's only temporary. He's a dead man walking.

NOBODY who eventually buys the team will leave him in place with the kind of power he has. He is completely unqualified for his position.
                        Yeah just like Pegula finally fired Regier as soon as he bought the team..... Oh, wait.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• WagonCircler
                          Escaped Convict
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          Yeah just like Pegula finally fired Regier as soon as he bought the team..... Oh, wait.
                          Even if history were to repeat itself as in your example (which it won't), the Peter Principle will eventually catch up with Russ.

A new owner won't be a man in his 90s. And if that new owner is, as I think it might be, Pegula, he will have learned his lesson.

To me, that's exemplified by the LaFontaine fiasco. This time Terry didn't let emotion get the best of him and we ended up with the right guy (Murray vs. Patty) at the end of the day.
                          Last edited by WagonCircler; 03-28-2014, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Depends who's buying, I guess.

An honest to God football guy would privately snicker at the thought of Brandon running the show, however, a Pegula-type owner, (who admittedly knows nothing about the inner workings of a sports franchise) might keep him.

Better the devil you know, so to speak.

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                              Depends who's buying, I guess.

An honest to God football guy would privately snicker at the thought of Brandon running the show, however, a Pegula-type owner, (who admittedly knows nothing about the inner workings of a sports franchise) might keep him.

Better the devil you know, so to speak.
                              Name me ONE owner that is an honest to God football guy.

Jerry Jones? Dan Snyder? LMAO.

Owners are NOT honest to God football guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X