PDA

View Full Version : DeSean Jackson cut by Philly

GingerP
03-28-2014, 11:37 AM
Apparently, he hangs around with gang-members and they are worried about those associations. In a post-Hernandez-murder-charge world, it will be interesting to see what team signs him anyway.

The King
03-28-2014, 11:40 AM
http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/03/eagles_desean_jackson_off-the-field_troubles.html

A bad attitude, an inconsistent work ethic, missed meetings and a lack of chemistry with head coach Chip Kelly are the reasons, sources told NJ.com. And when the Eagles looked more deeply into why Jackson was missing meetings, they found that his friends were becoming a more powerful -- and negative -- influence in his life.

Now the Eagles have even more serious concerns -- Jackson's continued association with reputed Los Angeles street gang members who have been connected to two homicides since 2010.

sukie
03-28-2014, 11:45 AM
He'll be a jet in 3...2...1...

mayotm
03-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Carolina would make a lot of sense.

Let's go buffalo
03-28-2014, 12:03 PM
It's all espn has talked about since it became official. God in hate espn

feldspar
03-28-2014, 12:17 PM
I'm thinking New England, and that would be bad...

- - - Updated - - -

Why the hell do you watch it then?

Pinkerton Security
03-28-2014, 12:24 PM
I'd say lets take a chance on him, however I feel someone will overpay for him and I dont think the Bills should dedicate probably $10M or more guaranteed money on a guy who is trouble waiting to happen.

Let's go buffalo
03-28-2014, 12:26 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I mean I don't always hate it. They just tend to over report quite a bit. And I can't find the remote

UltimateBillsFan
03-28-2014, 12:29 PM
I will eat my hat if Desean Jackson isn't a Carolina Panther within 24 hours.

swiper
03-28-2014, 12:30 PM
Really bummed that I'm not going to get to see those Sanchez to Jackson scoring bombs that I've been fantasizing about.

Pinkerton Security
03-28-2014, 12:32 PM
I mean I don't always hate it. They just tend to over report quite a bit. And I can't find the remote

my hatred for ESPN only occurs around their need to spend half of sportscenter covering one piece of news that is always from a major market team, whether its Lebron and the Heat, Dwight Howard's mess in LA, etc...makes me so angry when they do that.

jills
03-28-2014, 12:32 PM

Doubt it, another Hernandez would be too much.

stuckincincy
03-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Apparently, he hangs around with gang-members and they are worried about those associations. In a post-Hernandez-murder-charge world, it will be interesting to see what team signs him anyway.

May as well cut their losses - shopped around for a while, and no takers.

Novacane
03-28-2014, 12:44 PM

- - - Updated - - -

That would SUCK!

ServoBillieves
03-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Not even a single "bring 'im in"? Well done boys... Cowboy, Raider or Titan. Bringing him to Charlotte is essentially a younger SS

OpIv37
03-28-2014, 12:51 PM
If it was a pure cap cut, I'd say at least give him a call and see what he's looking for.

But it sounds like he's a locker room cancer and is eventually going to do something that gets him suspended. It just doesn't seem to be worth the risk.

Scumbag College
03-28-2014, 12:54 PM
Bring him in!

Meathead
03-28-2014, 01:02 PM
maybe we are finally ready as a society to put our foot down on these kinds of negative cultural associations and consider our collective well being above the adoration of all things money

hahahahhaaahahahaaahahhahahhahhaaaaaaaaaaa

wait lemme try again

Jry44
03-28-2014, 01:28 PM

At least it's detracting from their usual NBA propaganda.....

Pinkerton Security
03-28-2014, 01:42 PM
At least it's detracting from their usual NBA propaganda.....

you mean the MHBA? the Miami Heat Basketball Association? Its all I ever hear about..

Crisis
03-28-2014, 02:31 PM
If it was a pure cap cut, I'd say at least give him a call and see what he's looking for.

But it sounds like he's a locker room cancer and is eventually going to do something that gets him suspended. It just doesn't seem to be worth the risk.

It's actually coming out that he was cut because he has gang connections on top of all the bad character stuff.

Hernandez situation is making teams take it more seriously.

DynaPaul
03-28-2014, 03:55 PM
What's ESPN?

X-Era
03-28-2014, 04:33 PM
What's ESPN?
Don't worry about it. They don't cover the Bills.

Meathead
03-28-2014, 06:37 PM
DeSean Jackson denies having gang ties after being cut by Eagles

Jackson subsequently issued a statement that reads in part: "I would like to address the misleading and unfounded reports that my release has anything to do with any affiliation that has been speculated surrounding the company I keep off of the field. I would like to make it very clear that I am not and never have been part of any gang. I am not a gang member and to speculate and assume that I am involved in such activity off the field is reckless and irresponsible.

"I work very hard on and off the field and I am a good person with good values. I am proud of the accomplishments that I have made both on and off the field. I have worked tirelessly to give back to my community and have a positive impact on those in need. It is unfortunate that I now have to defend myself and my intentions.

"These reports are irresponsible and just not true . I look forward to working hard for my new team. God Bless."

Jackson's spokeswoman, Denise White, addressed Jackson's alleged gang connections.

"You always are concerned with that old saying 'guilty by association.' You always want to make sure who you're hanging around with and who's been on your coattails are positive, influential people and not people who will drag you down," she said, adding Jackson has struggled in the past with some negative associations.

"It's a hard decision to make (cutting off old friends) when these people have been in your life most of your life. He's struggled with that, and I think a lot of guys in the league have struggled with that. It's not a DeSean Jackson issue.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2014/03/28/desean-jackson-released-philadelphia/7011703/

it is mildly encouraging that jackson cites god here (and elsewhere ive seen), perhaps he has turned himself around now. its also quite possible hes just using that for cover to protect his paper

Meathead
03-28-2014, 06:43 PM
Former NFL RB Derrick Ward eviscerates ESPN, Eagles over handling of DeSean Jackson

(series of tweets patched together)

These ESPN analyst sound real dumb right now talking about @DeseanJackson10 They think they know what they're talking about but they don't. Im sorry but has @DeseanJackson10 ever been arrested? Suspended? DUI? Drugs? No so why are these dumb asses on @espn trying to make him seem Like he's a horrible person.

The NFL is so Contridictive I swear. Especially these punk ESPN Analyst. and @RonJaworski_BFL shut the F**k up. You sound so dumb right now. and fake ass Teddy Bruschi for someone who use to play in the league recently you sure are trying your hardest to act like you where Gods gift to football. I know almost everyone of your old teammates hated u because you where that one guy that everyone had on there team that goes and snitches to the head coach about other players.

Bottom line I know @DeseanJackson10 very very very well. If the Eagles where so concerned about his "Gang Ties" they wouldnt had drafted him 6 years ago. Mark Dominik is the last person that should be talking about anyone with the way he handled players in @TBBuccaneers when he was the GM.

The @Eagles gonna cut @DeseanJackson10 because they "Think" he might know gang members but they'll keep and resign a well known Racist? I'm born and raised in South Central LA. I have uncles who are still gang bangin cousins who still gang bang. But what does that have to do with someone playing football and ballin out for your team? I'm sorry but Every NFL team knows what there players are doing who there hangin out with.

In 6 years has he had 1 single incident? 1 single crime? The NFL is a bunch of BS Im so glad I'm done with that joke of a league Mark my words there won't be an NFL in the next 20 years watch and see There so worried about who a player knows and a player dunking on the goal post than actually worry about whats really important. And the funny thing about it Chip Kelly coached@t Oregon which recruited players From Crenshaw HS. He knows for damn sure who's gang banging and who's not.

A lil bro @DeseanJackson10 keep your head up. Keep doing you don't let any of these fake no talent ass analyst on ESPN deter you from doing what you do.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/derrick-ward-rant-espn-desean-jackson/

this is talked about a lot among blacks and is something i have addressed many times over the years, that blacks especially males and especially the young very often live in two worlds. they arent actually gang members (or just independently anti-social LIKE gang members) but they hang out in the same circles bc theyve known these individuals for so long and its comfortable

living in these two worlds is dangerous in many ways. to some degree you cant help but be negatively influenced by their dysfunctional thought patterns. this is no small concern - this is why black fathers and mothers beg their sons to NEVER associate with known thugs bc they are just asking for trouble to develop. but of course, they usually dont listen and continue to maintain their connections with people who have decided for themselves to become violent and participate in criminal activity of various levels. if your son (or daughter) continues to hang out with these types theres always going to be a decent chance they either choose to go full hog (hernandez) or simply make the wrong choice based on that thought dysfunction and end up dead (trayvon) - i.e. live by the sword, die by the sword

if youve ever talked to the parents of a young kid that ended up dead due to affliations with these 'bad gangstas', you will often notice how unemotional or at least not shocked the parents are. its bc they arent surprised, theyve seen this possibility coming for a long time, and theyve already prepared themselves for this outcome. and again, its why they beg and beg and beg for their children to stop these associations, which usually gets ignored bc it cant compete with the constant stream of negative messages they get from their circle of friends and media (g-rap) aimed at that specific audience

you can tell that derrick ward is one of these 'in between' ppl. just bc jackson hasnt committed any serious offenses yet doesnt mean he isnt on a march towards trouble. if your cousins and uncles are still banging you got to tell them i love you but i cant condone the path you are on and i have to cut you loose. if you dont and continue to hang with them bc you think you see their 'good' side, you end up being more in that world that out of it. being a little bit gangsta is like being a little bit pregnant

in-between males can be charming, funny, and love they mom. they can also be extremely aggressive, prone to sudden and explosive violence, and unwilling to listen to a damn thing their parents or their coaches or their advisors try to tell them

i dont know jackson, i have no idea where he is at in his life. but the eagles saw enough to cut his immense talent loose. and ive known many of these in-between males, unfortunately its fairly common among young urban blacks. often all it takes is one little spark, one wrong look on the wrong night, one arrogant white guy to ask you to turn your music down, and the beast is let loose. after that, anything can happen, including ppl ending up dead. the papers are full of these sad events

if you see a guy walking down that in-between path and he wont listen to your pleas to desist, its quite prudent to eventually separate yourself from regular contact with them. looks quite possible thats what the eagles did