• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Terrelle Pryor to Bills?

Don't make me puke any more than I already am. Thank goodness it's just lame musings from ESPN.

Cleveland Browns Rumors: Terrelle Pryor Trade To Buffalo Bills Option For Raiders As Minnesota Vikings, Washington Redskins, Texans Interested?

The Oakland Raiders and Terrelle Pryor are at odds and the QB would like a release or a trade in the near future after the Matt Schaub deal went down and teams like the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins, Houston Texans and Minnesota Vikings all could be interested in making a move for the young andexciting quarterback.

Pryor showed some flashes last season while setting a franchise record for rushing by a quarterback, but he did not take hold of the starting job like Dennis Allen had hoped and he ended up splitting time with Matt McGloin after being named the starter from the first game of the season. According to ESPN.com, Pryor now could be traded before the NFL draft and teams like the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins, Houston Texans and Minnesota Vikings could be interested in potentially striking a deal.

Pryor needs more time to develop and he could serve as a backup for a number of teams and on top of that, the Raiders could be motivated to make a trade since they have just six picks coming up for the draft. General manager Reggie McKenzie has made some tough moves over the past two years, including trading picks for quarterbacks in Matt Flynn and Schaub, meaning they have two less for the draft coming up and since it's a deep class, the team could be motivated to try and get some picks back.

ESPN.com writes that the Buffalo Bills could be a potential fit and the Eagles looked like an option as well until they signed Mark Sanchez and now that will be off the table. EJ Manuel was banged up last season and Pryor could be a perfect backup, as he has blazing speed and ended up with over 570 yards in 11 games last season and now Buffalo could be a landing spot after they worked out names like Dennis Dixon and Pat White for Doug Marrone last year.
    The Oakland Raiders and Terrelle Pryor are at odds and the QB would like a release or a trade in the near future after the Matt Schaub deal went down and teams like the Buffalo Bills, Cleveland Browns, Washington Redskins, Houston Texans and Minnesota Vikings all could be interested in making a move for the young and exciting quarterback.
    Last edited by swiper; 03-29-2014, 12:22 PM.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Terrelle Pryor to Bills?

What would make this interesting is if the author would have even remotely done their job and had done a bit of research into the statements from Whaley on where they are with EJ and whether they will add a QB to the roster.

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

As opposed to parroting lame ideas from ESPN? Far too much work for him!

Comment

• chris66
        • Sep 2006

Bills definitely need a reliable back up, but Pryor is not the way to go.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Pryor is in the mold of EJ, so if EJ goes down we wouldn't need to change the offense at all. I don't mind the move but only if EJ is named the starter and not some BS competition. And I'm not paying more than a 6th for him.

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

Thad Lewis is better than Pryor.

Comment

• WagonCircler
              Escaped Convict
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mayotm View Post
              Thad Lewis is better than Pryor.

So true. And Thad is a standup guy. Ditching him for Pryor would be a new high on the stupid meter.

Comment

• sudzy
                • Apr 2013

We have to wait until every QB that some other team want signs, so we can sign the guy no one else wants.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Ohio St. fan here..

Pryor was a great athlete playing QB, who wasn't asked to develop or play a pro game while playing under Jim Tressel.

He's a long strider who can roll out well, creating his own passing lane. Accuracy is fair to good but he can lay a nice rainbow bomb into the hands of a speed WR.

I'm not endorsing this but simply stating i understand it because he's built and plays somewhat like Manuel. The O wouldn't change playbooks if he's in there.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• WagonCircler
                    Escaped Convict
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                    He's a long strider who can roll out well.
                    This makes him sound like a racehorse, which would be an insult...

to the intelligence of racehorses.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Until EJ proves he can help the team win, or they acquire somebody for under center that can, apparently Buffalo is going to be perpetually linked with every available or soon to be available QB in the league.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
                        Haha...yeah you think so ?
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi View Post
                        Pryor is in the mold of EJ, so if EJ goes down we wouldn't need to change the offense at all. I don't mind the move but only if EJ is named the starter and not some BS competition. And I'm not paying more than a 6th for him.
                        I honestly don't have a clue where you got that he's in the mold of Manuel. He's more like RG3 lite while Manuel is more like a McNair lite who can run better. They even speculated Pryor could have switched to receiver or TE (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...lemental-draft).

It's sort of the same thing though, Tebow, Sanchez, Vick, now Pryor....Whaley said we're set, they rolled that dice last year, no real point at rolling it again. If these qb's fail, their jobs are done and they know it without adding another panicked maybe for the lame duck 2015 season to follow.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                          Ohio St. fan here..

Pryor was a great athlete playing QB, who wasn't asked to develop or play a pro game while playing under Jim Tressel.

He's a long strider who can roll out well, creating his own passing lane. Accuracy is fair to good but he can lay a nice rainbow bomb into the hands of a speed WR.

I'm not endorsing this but simply stating i understand it because he's built and plays somewhat like Manuel. The O wouldn't change playbooks if he's in there.
                          Maybe I'm entirely lost here and I admit it, but they want a passer who runs not a runner who passes. I understand you watched Pryor, but why are you thinking he's like Manuel ? I mean I'm not arguing for the sake of it, I really think Manuel and Pryor are two diff QB types.
                          Last edited by Mace; 03-29-2014, 09:32 PM.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                            I honestly don't have a clue where you got that he's in the mold of Manuel. He's more like RG3 lite while Manuel is more like a McNair lite who can run better. They even speculated Pryor could have switched to receiver or TE (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...lemental-draft).

It's sort of the same thing though, Tebow, Sanchez, Vick, now Pryor....Whaley said we're set, they rolled that dice last year, no real point at rolling it again. If these qb's fail, their jobs are done and they know it without adding another panicked maybe for the lame duck 2015 season to follow.
                            I agree with 99% of what you posted here, Mace, but not the last part.

I think Whaley and Co., if they're being realistic, not have a season of EJ to look back on, and if they have a brain, they should be panicked. They can blame it on injuries, though. That's their out. It's something they couldn't have foreseen and it diverts attention from the obvious accuracy issues, which actually should cost them their jobs.

With the ownership in limbo, though, it's like a perfect storm. They can get away with doing something bold, like selling out for a QB (not Pryor).

I think the current mess gets them a Mulligan.

I also don't think you can necessarily believe a word they say publicly about EJ being their guy, unequivocally. Not saying they're lying, necessarily, but what else would anyone expect them to say?

ESPN Reporter: "Doug, do you think you'll be looking to draft a QB this offseason?"

WHALEY: "Yeah, we really shat the bed last year with our #1 draft choice. This guy sucks elephant schlong. We're totally looking to 86 the guy. Look for us to go QB in the first again this year."

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

I love posters that have come to an unquestionable conclusion after just one season, and not even a full one at that.

If EJ fails, they are right.
                              If EJ succeeds, but doesn't hoist a Lombardi, they are right.
                              If EJ succeeds, and does win a championship, it will be 'in spite' of him.

Win-win-win...how can you top that?
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X