PDA

View Full Version : Which current roster player will rise to make an impact in 2014?

swiper
03-30-2014, 05:51 AM
Which unheralded roster player, a guy that may be considered to be flying under the radar, will rise to make an impact for the Bills next season? The folks at Bleacher Report have their opinion. It may surprise you.

1 Player from Each NFL Team Who Could Emerge from the Shadows in 2014 (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2008985-one-player-from-each-nfl-team-who-could-emerge-from-shadows-in-2014/page/5)

YardRat
03-30-2014, 05:55 AM
I hope so. Admittedly, though, it concerns me that he saw so little action last season.

better days
03-30-2014, 09:47 AM
I hope so. Admittedly, though, it concerns me that he saw so little action last season.

At least he played a lot on special teams.

stuckincincy
03-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Any defensive player that actually looks at a rb running to the corner and compensates for Mario Williams' tunnel vision.

YardRat
03-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Any defensive player that actually looks at a rb running to the end zone and compensates for Jairus Byrd's lack of speed.

Maybe more applicable for last season, but still...

stuckincincy
03-30-2014, 02:04 PM
Maybe more applicable for last season, but still...

Admit to your edit of my post! :drive:

The Jokeman
04-01-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure how Duke can be called from the shadows. It's obvious we need a S to replace Byrd. To me the shadow guys are people like Tony Moeaki or Evan Rodriguez get my early vote and my super sleeper would be Corbin Bryant.

Pinkerton Security
04-01-2014, 05:01 PM
I'm not sure how Duke can be called from the shadows. It's obvious we need a S to replace Byrd. To me the shadow guys are people like Tony Moeaki or Evan Rodriguez get my early vote and my super sleeper would be Corbin Bryant.
my thoughts exactly - how can this be any sort of surprise when the guy in front of him has departed? My first thought was also Moeaki, he was pretty darn good in KC a couple years back.

cookie G
04-01-2014, 05:13 PM
If Goodwin has been working on his route running full time...he could really take off. You can't teach world class speed.

Buffalogic
04-01-2014, 06:11 PM
Goodwin needs to be on the field as much as possible. That guy could be a star.

I think our best player this year will turn out to be Gilmore. He's fully healthy coming into the off season and it's his third year. I expect him to elevate to one of the premier corners in the AFC.

YardRat
04-01-2014, 07:28 PM

Considering how little he played on defense last season, and conventional wisdom would expect A.Williams to move to FS and 'kind of incumbent' Searcy moving up to the starting SS role, I think Duke definitely falls into the unexpected category.

swiper
04-02-2014, 04:28 AM
Considering how little he played on defense last season, and conventional wisdom would expect A.Williams to move to FS and 'kind of incumbent' Searcy moving up to the starting SS role, I think Duke definitely falls into the unexpected category.

Exactly. Much more is known about Moeaki. Duke Williams is pretty much a fully unknown entity. Some thought he must not be that good because he wasn't given too much time on the field with the defense.

ublinkwescore
04-02-2014, 11:47 AM
Robert Woods, or Marquise Goodwin - we need a reciever to step up and make number 13 expendable... I'm still pissed about the atlanta meltdown. that was OUR game and both the @$$holes who cost us that game are still on the roster :mad:

The Jokeman
04-02-2014, 12:30 PM

Based on playing time the argument is valid. Yet I say Yes/No as Searcy was on the bubble last year before training camp as let's not forget that Duke was drafted by the current regime where Searcy was a Nix/Gailey pick. Toss in Duke was drafted in round where you expect to find potential starters.

The Jokeman
04-02-2014, 12:35 PM
Robert Woods, or Marquise Goodwin - we need a reciever to step up and make number 13 expendable... I'm still pissed about the atlanta meltdown. that was OUR game and both the @$$holes who cost us that game are still on the roster :mad: Ultimately we might be better served as now we have pick 9, had we won we might have had pick 12 or 13 instead. Also I'm not sure why Stevie's expendable? He showed to be a reliable target with a veteran QB like Fitz around and he did some good things in the early part of the season when he was healthy. In terms of Chandler, to me he's nothing great and love to replace him but there were tons of better players out there available. One is in Jermichael Finley but his injuries make that questionable.

OpIv37
04-02-2014, 01:03 PM
The Duke Williams pick is a calculated gamble. The obvious choices are Woods or Kiko, maybe Goodwin. But anyone who knows the first thing about our team will pick those guys.

Now, they know we lost a starting S and someone has to step up. If they are right, they look like geniuses. If they're wrong, everyone will forget about it. They're hoping for a big pay-off. They probably threw in 3 or 4 of these and the rest are the "safe" picks for their respective teams.

stuckincincy
04-02-2014, 01:24 PM
Powell.

feldspar
04-02-2014, 01:43 PM

The Bills are talking about possibly moving Corey Graham to Safety.

ServoBillieves
04-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Ikponmwosa Igbinosun

Generalissimus Gibby
04-02-2014, 02:42 PM
Jeff Tuel. By him not playing a single down next year the Bills will win two more games than they did this year.