X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

"We're onboard with EJ" maybe one of the largest smokescreens since Vesuvius

The "we're onboard with EJ" maybe one of the largest smokescreens since Vesuvius. No way this team hangs their hat on the EJ will stay healthy & play better, last year basically ending up being benched via injury. The team has no reason to show it's hand & the moving up in the draft rumor is to get a franchise QB. EJ is being looked at as a "Frank Reich" type back-up, there when you need him but never going to amount to anything.

Go Bills !!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: "We're onboard with EJ" maybe one of the largest smokescreens since Vesuvius

If the Bills have a chance to upgrade EJ, they should do it, but not for any price.

First, no QB in this draft is clearly an upgrade- they all have their issues.

Second, if you are advocating trading up to draft a QB, that means spendin two consecutive first round picks- plus whatever the compensation is to trade up- on the QB position. Meanwhile the team still has glaring holes and the news QB would still be hamstrung by the lack of receiving targets and lack of blocking. It would just be monumentally stupid.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Swiper
      Legendary Zoner
      • Sep 2010

Re: "We're onboard with EJ" maybe one of the largest smokescreens since Vesuvius

Let the chips fall where they may. They shouldn't mortgage the future to upgrade, but if one falls in their lap they should jump. Who could argue given that the 2nd stringer is a nobody named Thad Lewis.

Comment

• Victor7
        • Jul 2013

I don't know. They do seem to be completely on board the EJ train.

Now whether that's smart or not its a whole other topic. Its not btw

Comment

• better days
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
          Let the chips fall where they may. They shouldn't mortgage the future to upgrade, but if one falls in their lap they should jump. Who could argue given that the 2nd stringer is a nobody named Thad Lewis.
          If a QB falls in their lap that they think has better potential than EJ, I think they should draft him #9. I can't say who that would be however.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
            Pinkerton's son
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
            EJ is being looked at as a "Frank Reich" type back-up, there when you need him but never going to amount to anything.
            Who exactly is viewing him as this? You? This thread is literally nothing more than your conjecture. Get a life.

Comment

• Meathead
              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
              • Jul 2002

i will stand in front of the ralph naked screaming i love tom brady through a jets megaphone with a dolphins flag sticking out of my ass if the bills draft a qb in the first round this year
              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• sukie
                Seriously?
                • Sep 2012

What gate?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                  i will stand in front of the ralph naked screaming i love tom brady through a jets megaphone with a dolphins flag sticking out of my ass if the bills draft a qb in the first round this year
                  Be more interesting if you screamed "I love the Jets" through a Dolphin-shaped megaphone with Tom Brady sticking out of your ass
                  Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                    • Jun 2005

Skooby take your head out of your ass. They are at least going to give EJ one more year. You dont give up on a 1st rd QB after 1 year. And then on top of that there is not one QB in this draft that I would take over EJ. MAYBE Bridgewater but thats it

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                      The "we're onboard with EJ" maybe one of the largest smokescreens since Vesuvius. No way this team hangs their hat on the EJ will stay healthy & play better, last year basically ending up being benched via injury. The team has no reason to show it's hand & the moving up in the draft rumor is to get a franchise QB. EJ is being looked at as a "Frank Reich" type back-up, there when you need him but never going to amount to anything.

Go Bills !!
                      WTF are you talking about?

What team in the history of football moves on from a first round rookie QB after one season?

This board is full of insane people.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                        This board is full of people.
                        Corrected.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• X-Era
                          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                          • Feb 2005

The Bills are sticking with EJ for this year IMO. No way after only 8 or 9 games they go in a different direction at starter.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                            WTF are you talking about?

What team in the history of football moves on from a first round rookie QB after one season?

This board is full of insane people.
                            If EJ stays healthy, you might be right. I can't see him staying actively healthy, nor do I see him being considered our starting QB. You can't be this naive to think that everything's just going to go dandy & EJ's 3 different knees' injuries aren't a point of contention, perpetually. Preparing for a situation that has already happened is a prudent move, especially with everything's that happened thus far.

We've also sucked for 14 years straight, so limping (quite literally) into the 15th consecutive season doesn't like the brightest move now does it ?
                            Last edited by Skooby; 04-01-2014, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Meathead View Post
                              Well...this thread just got bookmarked...
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X