PDA

View Full Version : Will Jeremy Jacobs Sell The Bruins To Become The Next Owner of The Buffalo Bills?

BillsImpossible
04-01-2014, 06:36 PM
Jeremy Jacobs was born in Buffalo, NY. He graduated from UB, is currently the owner of the Boston Bruins and also owns Delaware North.

If Jacobs sold the Bruins today, the team is valued at $600 million by Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/boston-bruins/

Jacobs paid $10 million for the team in 1975. That's a very good return on investment, but I don't think it comes close to what he and his family can make in the future if he decides to purchase the Buffalo Bills.

There's never been a better time to sell than now. Buy low, sell high. I don't think the Bruins will be worth more than $1 billion a decade from now.

The Bills are worth almost $1 billion. In 10 years they'll be worth at least $1.5 billion. In 20 years, probably $3 billion.

Buying the Bills is a great investment because no matter how bad the team is, customers are always going to buy the NFL product in WNY.

The NFL is a growing product, and it keeps getting more popular every year. The NHL's ratings have gotten slightly better lately, but to compare the NHL to the NFL in terms of growth and ratings, that's just not fair. NFL preseason games get higher ratings than the World Series, the comparison to the NHL is off the chart.

Jacobs won the Stanley Cup as the owner of the Bruins, so what's left for him to accomplish?

If he buys the Bills, Jeremy Jacobs will leave a legacy he started in Boston back home in Buffalo for many generations to come.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Jacobs

He and his wife Margaret reside in East Aurora, New York (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Aurora,_New_York) and in Wellington, Florida (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington,_Florida). They have six children (three sons and three daughters), eighteen grandchildren, and one great-grandchild.

SpikedLemonade
04-01-2014, 06:47 PM
LOL!!!!

No

He loves Buffalo so much he relocated his business interests to Boston.

THATHURMANATOR
04-01-2014, 06:57 PM
What are you talking about?
Delaware north is located on chippewa in downtown buffalo

YardRat
04-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Doubt it.

Skooby
04-01-2014, 07:33 PM
He's in the mix, I'd expect much debate as soon as the money needs to be put down hard. Soft money is the easiest to talk about & spend until it's no longer yours anymore.

BuffaloRedleg
04-01-2014, 08:45 PM
What are you talking about?
Delaware north is located on chippewa in downtown buffalo

Don't mind him, the world has passed him by and he takes out that frustration on a vastly improving city like Buffalo every chance he gets.

mrbojanglezs
04-01-2014, 09:22 PM
If possible I would rather have someone a little younger

tampabay25690
04-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Do u know I was hired out of college to be his personal chef for him and his family!!!
Met him and the family!!!
I did not take the job...

But yes he is probably in the mix for the Bills.

Albany,n.y.
04-01-2014, 10:33 PM
If possible I would rather have someone a little younger

He's 74, the death watch will start the day he takes over. We just went through the last 20 years with a constant Ralph death watch & Jacobs probably isn't going to be around as long as Ralph was.

JPPT1974
04-01-2014, 10:50 PM
74 Years old as if he does take it, he won't like Albany NY says, that long like Ralph was and did it!

THATHURMANATOR
04-02-2014, 07:21 AM
Do u know I was hired out of college to be his personal chef for him and his family!!!

What am I supposed to take away from this?

The King
04-02-2014, 07:34 AM
We don't want Jacobs trust me.

trapezeus
04-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Jeremy Jacobs was born in Buffalo, NY. He graduated from UB, is currently the owner of the Boston Bruins and also owns Delaware North.

If Jacobs sold the Bruins today, the team is valued at $600 million by Forbes.

http://www.forbes.com/teams/boston-bruins/

Jacobs paid $10 million for the team in 1975. That's a very good return on investment, but I don't think it comes close to what he and his family can make in the future if he decides to purchase the Buffalo Bills.

There's never been a better time to sell than now. Buy low, sell high. I don't think the Bruins will be worth more than $1 billion a decade from now.

The Bills are worth almost $1 billion. In 10 years they'll be worth at least $1.5 billion. In 20 years, probably $3 billion.

Buying the Bills is a great investment because no matter how bad the team is, customers are always going to buy the NFL product in WNY.

The NFL is a growing product, and it keeps getting more popular every year. The NHL's ratings have gotten slightly better lately, but to compare the NHL to the NFL in terms of growth and ratings, that's just not fair. NFL preseason games get higher ratings than the World Series, the comparison to the NHL is off the chart.

Jacobs won the Stanley Cup as the owner of the Bruins, so what's left for him to accomplish?

If he buys the Bills, Jeremy Jacobs will leave a legacy he started in Boston back home in Buffalo for many generations to come.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Jacobs

He and his wife Margaret reside in East Aurora, New York (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East_Aurora,_New_York) and in Wellington, Florida (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellington,_Florida). They have six children (three sons and three daughters), eighteen grandchildren, and one great-grandchild.

this is so overly simplistic of what jacobs would be looking at. They'd want a much better valuation and growth plan than just assuming it will be worth $1.5BN in 10years.

before the bruins had their little renaissance, bruin fans HATED his cheapness. His willingness to skimp on players when the team was ok.

yes, the guy is a buffalo guy and has a company here and a family that would presumably want to take over the team, but are they the right people for the gig. To me, it seems like they need to be part of a team of owners and his cheapness would be smoothed out in the diversity of the ownership group. the key is that the ownership group realizes that russ brandon is not the future face as CEO of this team.

The King
04-02-2014, 08:18 AM
this is so overly simplistic of what jacobs would be looking at. They'd want a much better valuation and growth plan than just assuming it will be worth $1.5BN in 10years.

before the bruins had their little renaissance, bruin fans HATED his cheapness. His willingness to skimp on players when the team was ok.

yes, the guy is a buffalo guy and has a company here and a family that would presumably want to take over the team, but are they the right people for the gig. To me, it seems like they need to be part of a team of owners and his cheapness would be smoothed out in the diversity of the ownership group. the key is that the ownership group realizes that russ brandon is not the future face as CEO of this team.

It wasn't until every team around him won a championship and he had piss poor attendance that he finally opened his wallet.

THATHURMANATOR
04-02-2014, 08:26 AM
It wasn't until every team around him won a championship and he had piss poor attendance that he finally opened his wallet.

Hmm he has produced championships for his fans and I don't want him?

A guy that would keep the team here and is a Buffalo guy.

I will take what I can get for Christ's sake.

How can we be picky at this point?

DraftBoy
04-02-2014, 09:24 AM
The team was valued at $870 million, that is not "nearly $1 billion". They will also not be worth nearly 1.5 billion in ten years nor will they be worth 3 billion in twenty years.

SquishDaFish
04-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Thurm you don't want jacobs trust us bruins fans. Attendance was going down so he got lucky having cam neely cine in as pres and lucky getting the right coach and gm. He's a horrible owner yes we are his now and won a championship but he's horrible

The King
04-02-2014, 11:04 AM

He basically did what Ralph Wilson just did. His franchise was run down and his attendance was null. So before he gave up he handed the reigns to Chirelli and he's brought the team back. It really has very little to do with Jacobs.

trapezeus
04-02-2014, 11:21 AM

Picky. There is no need for him to own the sabres in its entirety. there is no point in donald trump being involved. If a bunch of arrogant guys want to get together and agree that there should be one face of the bills who is football focused and they can have checks and balances to keep them out of the way and not worried about fronting the full bill that is the best for the fans and for the team.

Having golisano or trump, guys who apparently love buffalo sports when they are thinking about running for govenor, won't make the bills a lot different.

I think the process that they are going through will work out in the end. i think they will design a stadium in the next 3 years. I think it will break ground, and the new owner(s) will be on board as they will like the package NYS puts together to own the team.

if you read articles around 2003-2004, the owners really hated the LA-ST relocation. it cost a lot more than they expected and as a result, they cut ST ownership out of of some of the expansion team fees. i really think the NFL will just give LA a team or move the chargers.

Bill Cody
04-02-2014, 11:23 AM
He's too old to make this move. He won't be in the mix.

WagonCircler
04-02-2014, 02:20 PM
I sat next to Jacobs on a 4 hour plane ride when I was a teenager and we talked about sports the whole time. I had no idea who he was until we were about to land. Really great guy who DEFINITELY loves Buffalo and the Bills.

That being said, I want Pegula to buy the Bills more than just about anything in the world.

I don't care if the Sabres are in dead last, I think he's showing brass balls by blatantly tanking and starting from scratch.

He's also a guy who continues to put his money where his mouth is by making huge improvements to downtown. And he could buy the Bills with the money in his couch cushions.

There could be no better owner for the Bills.

better days
04-02-2014, 03:37 PM
I sat next to Jacobs on a 4 hour plane ride when I was a teenager and we talked about sports the whole time. I had no idea who he was until we were about to land. Really great guy who DEFINITELY loves Buffalo and the Bills.

That being said, I want Pegula to buy the Bills more than just about anything in the world.

I don't care if the Sabres are in dead last, I think he's showing brass balls by blatantly tanking and starting from scratch.

He's also a guy who continues to put his money where his mouth is by making huge improvements to downtown. And he could buy the Bills with the money in his couch cushions.

There could be no better owner for the Bills.

I just read on Profootball talk.com that if Trump invested as little as 20% into the Bills, it would be a huge tax write off for him.

Maybe that is key nobody has talked about, the Bills as a tax write off. And a few people that want to keep the Bills in Buffalo could get in on that.

gebobs
04-02-2014, 03:44 PM

I know his late brother's (Larry) family quite well. His nephew Chris is going to run for County Executive so he'll have that in his pocket.

tampabay25690
04-02-2014, 09:09 PM
What am I supposed to take away from this?

Absolutely nothing... Lol