PDA

View Full Version : Dan Marino

Skooby
04-03-2014, 08:59 PM
​http://i57.tinypic.com/auf32x.jpg

Skooby
04-03-2014, 09:01 PM
I don't know what this means but Dan Marino probably being one of the classiest opponents that I can say came from that era, him going to visit Jim was probably one of the greatest era friendships. Talk about a friend in need time to show up, I'm truly touched. Dan Marino just got crossed off my list of people that must burn, immediately.

OpIv37
04-03-2014, 10:55 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I respect Marino. I despised him when he was with the Fish, but at least he's a decent guy. Rivals don't have to be douches *cough* Brady *cough*

Skooby
04-03-2014, 11:54 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I respect Marino. I despised him when he was with the Fish, but at least he's a decent guy. Rivals don't have to be douches *cough* Brady *cough*

I'm not in any debate with this but what does Tom Brady have to do with Jim Kelly ?

OpIv37
04-04-2014, 12:04 AM
I'm not in any debate with this but what does Tom Brady have to do with Jim Kelly ?

Nothing.

I'm just saying that when the Bills had the rivalry with Marino and the Fish, it was intense but respectful (with the exception of Brian Cox).

The current rivalry with Brady has none of that. The Patriots- especially Brady and Bellicheck- are ungrateful douchebags who most likely cheated to achieve success. Win or lose to Marino (we usually won), at least we knew the defeats were honest.

If Kyle Williams gets cancer 20 years from now, I guarantee Brady won't be there to support him like Marino is there. I hate the Fish, but class is class. In the 90's, the Fish were our rivals but guys like Shula and Marino had class. The Pats have none.

Skooby
04-04-2014, 12:36 AM
Nothing.

I'm just saying that when the Bills had the rivalry with Marino and the Fish, it was intense but respectful (with the exception of Brian Cox).

The current rivalry with Brady has none of that. The Patriots- especially Brady and Bellicheck- are ungrateful douchebags who most likely cheated to achieve success. Win or lose to Marino (we usually won), at least we knew the defeats were honest.

If Kyle Williams gets cancer 20 years from now, I guarantee Brady won't be there to support him like Marino is there. I hate the Fish, but class is class. In the 90's, the Fish were our rivals but guys like Shula and Marino had class. The Pats have none.

You could be right but right now all I can say is I'm pretty touched that Dan Marino came out of nowhere to respect Jim Kelly during a tough time, all things being equal it's not right to find a future issue that might happen. Dude, all things equal how does Kyle or anyone have anything have to do with this picture. The level of respect for Dan to be there for Jim transcends anything you dream of future scenarios.

I don't care about anything but seeing Jim get better, use your head before you mumble about nothing. Everything being equal, you posting this is completely ignorant on many levels. I actually feel that your post is a total disrespect of the moment, who do you even think you are to quote future illnesses? I'll safely call you a compete douchebag at best, more like a POS talking about nothing.

OpIv37
04-04-2014, 12:49 AM
You could be right but right now all I can say is I'm pretty touched that Dan Marino came out of nowhere to respect Jim Kelly during a tough time, all things being equal it's not right to find a future issue that might happen. Dude, all things equal how does Kyle or anyone have anything have to do with this picture. The level of respect for Dan to be there for Jim transcends anything you dream of future scenarios.

I don't care about anything but seeing Jim get better, use your head before you mumble about nothing. Everything being equal, you posting this is completely ignorant on many levels. I actually feel that your post is a total disrespect of the moment, who do you even think you are to quote future illnesses? I'll safely call you a compete douchebag at best, more like a POS talking about nothing.

Spoken like someone who can't hold his booze.

I wish no bad will to anyone. All I'm saying is if that something bad happens to any current Bills down the line, Brady won't be there like Marino is. The only reason I used Kyle Williams is because he's the most successful current lifelong Bill, with the possible exception of Fred Jackson.

But that's irrelevant because you completely missed the point. When Marino played, he was a hated rival. But he showed in that photo that some things are more important than football rivalries. I don't expect any of our current rivals to show that kind of class.

It ends there. Anything beyond that is your own bull**** assumptions.

Skooby
04-04-2014, 02:11 AM

I wish no bad will to anyone. All I'm saying is if that something bad happens to any current Bills down the line, Brady won't be there like Marino is. The only reason I used Kyle Williams is because he's the most successful current lifelong Bill, with the possible exception of Fred Jackson.

But that's irrelevant because you completely missed the point. When Marino played, he was a hated rival. But he showed in that photo that some things are more important than football rivalries. I don't expect any of our current rivals to show that kind of class.

It ends there. Anything beyond that is your own bull**** assumptions.

I'll go with you have to perverse a moment with your personal negative fantasies about potential future time, all made up for you to justify your insensitivity. I don't care who's here for a future Bills' player down the line, speculating on that type of stuff is pure defication. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Meathead
04-04-2014, 02:36 AM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=W1o59wBgYLoDdM&tbnid=1JQzYRfecViAcM:&ved=0CAUQjBw4EQ&url=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-mqL3MZMfVgk%2FUHsk1FgI1kI%2FAAAAAAAABjY%2FrBDupBNQq_4%2Fs1600%2Fcatfight11.jpg&ei=KWU-U6-8EdDIsAT_m4CoBQ&psig=AFQjCNHSkgc3Cha-_xJbtCOu-jtZClATbg&ust=1396684457342493

Ginger Vitis
04-04-2014, 04:49 AM
All I'm saying is if that something bad happens to any current Bills down the line, Brady won't be there like Marino is.

No he wouldn't I doubt Brady is friendly with any current Bills but most likely would go visit Peyton Manning

YardRat
04-04-2014, 05:08 AM
Kelly and Marino have always been friends.

Pinkerton Security
04-04-2014, 06:54 AM
Bottom line, Marino is cool and Brady is a d-bag.

Night Train
04-04-2014, 07:24 AM
I'd still like to see Bruce Smith just break him in two.

He was a major league whiner with the refs. Couldn't stand him.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-04-2014, 10:00 AM

Pot, meet kettle. (This thread being an exception)

Meathead
04-04-2014, 10:06 AM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&docid=W1o59wBgYLoDdM&tbnid=1JQzYRfecViAcM:&ved=0CAUQjBw4EQ&url=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-mqL3MZMfVgk%2FUHsk1FgI1kI%2FAAAAAAAABjY%2FrBDupBNQq_4%2Fs1600%2Fcatfight11.jpg&ei=KWU-U6-8EdDIsAT_m4CoBQ&psig=AFQjCNHSkgc3Cha-_xJbtCOu-jtZClATbg&ust=1396684457342493

dang linked images dont always show up. this one is so good ive transferred it to tinypic and plan to spam it when you girls are fighting

http://i59.tinypic.com/347grjb.jpg

Meathead
04-04-2014, 10:08 AM
those were the day eh. jim and dan. its cool that jim owned him and amazing that neither never won the biggie

imbondz
04-04-2014, 01:07 PM
Bottom line we owned Marino, Brady owns us. Easier to not hate Marino as much.

sukie
04-04-2014, 01:13 PM
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/1996/12/17/marino_450x643.jpg

ServoBillieves
04-04-2014, 02:37 PM
I'll go with you have to perverse a moment with your personal negative fantasies about potential future time, all made up for you to justify your insensitivity. I don't care who's here for a future Bills' player down the line, speculating on that type of stuff is pure defication. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Novacane
04-04-2014, 07:10 PM
JK looks better in that pic than he has in the last few.

upstart
04-04-2014, 07:19 PM
Bottom line, Marino is cool and Brady is a d-bag.

I'm a Pats fan, and I to this day believe Marino was a better QB then tom. In fact I honestly believe he was the best that I've seen in my over 50 years.

Forward_Lateral
04-05-2014, 06:09 AM
I hate the Dolphins, and I hated Marino growing up. I hate him a little less after seeing that picture.

chris66
04-05-2014, 06:03 PM

It ends there. Anything beyond that is your own bull**** assumptions.thats not really fair. the Pats dont have a rivalry with the bills. If 20 years down the road peyton manning had cancer. I'm sure Tom would be there for support.