PDA

View Full Version : Ted Washington

JefftheBillsfan
07-15-2003, 11:00 PM
if Ted got released, and would come to the Bills @ a bargain, would TD/GW find a role for him? Would you? Almost like a Trevor Pryce for Pat Williams?

Running Downs:

LE: Pat Williams
DT: Sam Adams
DT: Ted Washington
RE: Aaron Shobel

On other downs, you have a good rotation between the 3. God knows they all need it.

Pro: If he's a Bill, hes not a Pat.
Con: We now have 3 aging DTs.

any thoughts?

I wouldnt mind seeing it IMO...

venis2k1
07-16-2003, 02:55 AM
IF(and a big if) he can pass a physical, i would sign him for vet min.

ryven
07-16-2003, 07:31 AM
Have to agree with you venis he is getting to old and he is past his prime the only thing I can see him doing is taking up space. When he was in buffalo he was a monster but since he has been riddled with injury and you havent heard much of him since.

TedMock
07-16-2003, 07:34 AM
There's one huge problem with bringing Ted in. Sam Adams already lives in his house! There just isn't enough salad in the house to feed the two of them.

Aero II
07-16-2003, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
LE: Pat Williams
DT: Sam Adams
DT: Ted Washington
RE: Aaron Shobel
Are you talking about running what in all reality would be a 5-2 defense? 3 tackels, 2 ends using either Posey or Jones opposite Shobel all accross the line, and letting Fletch and Spikes be the only backers?

JefftheBillsfan
07-16-2003, 10:05 AM
Thats a possibility Aero, when you have that size, it gives you lots of options. But I think you guys might be right, if memory serves he's only had 1 solid season post Bills. He, when healthy, strikes me as someone who could turn it around for 1 more year. I just don't want that year to be for the Patriots.

justasportsfan
07-16-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by TedMock
There's one huge problem with bringing Ted in. Sam Adams already lives in his house! There just isn't enough salad in the house to feed the two of them.

What makes you think these guys eat salad? I'm sure the chickens won't be happy about it. :confused:

WG
07-16-2003, 10:14 AM
I think we should continue to sign as many washed up, old, aging, injured, and players whose play has slipped but have stellar pasts to our team.

Let's put together a team based on how good everyone was in '95, shall we...

:D

How about some youth! Some decent players who aren't coming off injuries that we have no idea how their gonna play! How about more impact players other than one in Spikes!

Joseph, Thornton, Derrius Thompson as a backup instead of a very mediocre Shaw and a Jett who hasn't played in a season and a half?

I'm tired of entertaining thoughts about signing players who may have a handful of good games prior to being cut after this season. We can consider ourselves fortunate if Adams plays to a level that makes him the unchallenged starter in '04 as well. We have absolutely no depth that is ready to challenge for one of our DT spots if Adams doesn't play to that level.

Earthquake Enyart
07-16-2003, 10:21 AM
Plus Ted isn't going anywhere. The Bears aren't in any cap trouble.

eyedog
07-16-2003, 10:34 AM
If he is released I would sign him. He could rotate and play 25 plays effectively a game. Of course his contract would have to be cap friendly or no deal. All of this could have been taken care of on draft day with W. Joseph, I hope WM proves to be the real deal.

MDFINFAN
07-16-2003, 11:29 AM
D. Thompson has already signed with Miami Wys..good WR too.He had a hellevu year in Washington last year, hope his progress continues this year. By the way Ted's wash up..He and Adams starting = 1 or 2 good quarters, then the 2nd half will belong to Opposing OL, keep Williams starting he's good, if you get Ted, defintely has to be depth.

ryven
07-16-2003, 11:31 AM
I think admas will get in good enough condition to push for 3 quarters, in those interviews he seemed determined.

Tatonka
07-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Joseph, Thornton, Derrius Thompson as a backup instead of a very mediocre Shaw and a Jett who hasn't played in a season and a half?

I'm tired of entertaining thoughts about signing players who may have a handful of good games prior to being cut after this season.

I'm tired of hearing you constantly talking about players that are signed with other teams..

GET OVER IT! they are signed with other teams now.. there is no chance.. what good does you talking about them all the time do? none...

just like whining about drew.. guess what.. he is our qb.. for a while.. for better or worse.. get over it.

MDFINFAN
07-16-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by ryven
I think admas will get in good enough condition to push for 3 quarters, in those interviews he seemed determined.

:lolcry:

Good come back, but remember, these guys know how to sell tickets too. He's been around and know's the PR game..it's what he does on the field that should concern you.

JefftheBillsfan
07-16-2003, 09:06 PM
no, i think what he does on the field should actually be more of a concern for you md

;p

MDFINFAN
07-17-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
no, i think what he does on the field should actually be more of a concern for you md

;p

Well I was trying to say in a nice way, Adams don't scare us, we'
ve beat each team he's played on while he was there. I really think you guys should be concern if you no what I mean, opps, no you don't, but you'll see. Wys won't be talking about Drew anymore, Adams will be his new whipping board..wait until the second part of the season and you'll see what I'm saying.

JefftheBillsfan
07-17-2003, 06:41 PM
it is possible to know what your saying.....and just disagree you know. oops, maybe you dont.

seriously, i know what your saying, and your point is taken. I think he will be a little more rested/a little better in shape than he has been in the past, so I'm not all that concerned. Plus, its easier playing 60 mins of football for a big guy in buffalo than in Oakland.