PDA

View Full Version : Bills Host Ebron, RB Jeremy Hill, and DE Scott Chrichton

X-Era
04-04-2014, 01:26 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/TE-Eric-Ebron-headlines-latest-pre-draft-visits-to-One-Bills-Drive/8d213920-de49-4499-af11-7eecc9752762

Out of all the RB's we've hosted I like Seastrunk the best... His vision and elusiveness is real appealing.

k-oneputt
04-04-2014, 02:20 PM
Jeremy Hill. Interesting. A Marrone type power back.

gonzo1105
04-04-2014, 03:23 PM
I find it very interesting that all of the guys we have brought in so far have been fringe or sure fire 2nd founders with the exception of Ebron. I also don't believe Ebron goes anywhere near the top 10. I'm thinking he goes late teens early 20s. I know it's early and they can being in like 21 guys still but early indication reeks of a trade down into the 20s.

BuffaloWingEater
04-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Do not draft Ebron in the first round. That is all

Night Train
04-04-2014, 07:17 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/TE-Eric-Ebron-headlines-latest-pre-draft-visits-to-One-Bills-Drive/8d213920-de49-4499-af11-7eecc9752762

Out of all the RB's we've hosted I like Seastrunk the best... His vision and elusiveness is real appealing.

But the big picture is that a RB will be drafted. Hill looked real good at LSU and has the solid build.

Freddie is getting the grey beard and Spiller is a change of pace guy up for a contract he might not deserve.

One of those top 5-10 RB's listed will be picked. This is like picking 2 Safties last year, knowing Byrd may walk. Think ahead.

better days
04-05-2014, 07:34 AM
But the big picture is that a RB will be drafted. Hill looked real good at LSU and has the solid build.

Freddie is getting the grey beard and Spiller is a change of pace guy up for a contract he might not deserve.

One of those top 5-10 RB's listed will be picked. This is like picking 2 Safties last year, knowing Byrd may walk. Think ahead.

As long as a RB is drafted in the 4th rnd & not the first, great.

Speculation in Tampa is the Bucs will draft a WR in the 1st after trading Mike Williams to the Bills.

It looks like both Watkins & Evans will be off the board before the Bills pick.

I think the Bills draft an OT at #9 or trade down.

JoeMama
04-05-2014, 07:42 AM
I know #9 is early to draft a TE, but **** it, I'm really intrigued by Eric Ebron.

He could be the icing on the cake to round out our receiving corp.

He's a vertical, stretch-the-field TE who piles up yardage. He would be a great compliment to Scott Chandler, a big 6'8" red zone threat, who's shown nice progression upping his receptions each year.

We know Stevie can play.

We know Mike Williams is a productive starter.

We know Robert Woods flashed promise and should improve this year. I don't think I'm alone in feeling very confident about his ceiling.

We know Marquise Goodwin is a nice rotational deep threat to slide in there every once in a while.

Plus, we should have plenty of options in the 2nd round to nab a quality offensive lineman.

I've got Matt Millen fever, I'm preoccupied with having the perfect passing options.

HAMMER
04-05-2014, 10:10 AM
If one of the top 3 OT's are there and we take Ebron at 9 I will be shocked, and disappointed.

The Jokeman
04-05-2014, 10:38 AM
I know #9 is early to draft a TE, but **** it, I'm really intrigued by Eric Ebron.

He's a vertical, stretch-the-field TE who piles up yardage. He would be a great compliment to Scott Chandler, a big 6'8" red zone threat, who's shown nice progression upping his receptions each year.

We know Stevie can play.

We know Robert Woods flashed promise and should improve this year. I don't think I'm alone in feeling very confident about his ceiling.

We know Marquise Goodwin is a nice rotational deep threat to slide in there every once in a while.

Plus, we should have plenty of options in the 2nd round to nab a quality offensive lineman.

I've got Matt Millen fever, I'm preoccupied with having the perfect passing options.

The thing with Ebron is he, like any other rookie, is going to have to adjust to the NFL. So I don't think he's going to be the impact TE we need in 2014. To me if the Bills are playing for 2014 the wiser move is to take one of the top 3 OT first and if a quality TE like Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the 2nd. As look at the Eagles last year, they ended up with Lane Johnson (the 3rd best OT in last year's draft class) and Zach Ertz (the 2nd best TE prospect in the draft). Johnson played RT for them and was solid and Ertz developed behind Brent Celek. If you look at his stats, 36 catches 469 yards 4 TDs, they weren't much different then the stats of the best TE in the class Tyler Eifert's 39 catches 445 yards 2 TDs who was a 1st round pick of the Bengals.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Speculation in Tampa is the Bucs will draft a WR in the 1st after trading Mike Williams to the Bills.

Jesus the receiving talent in that division would be insane. Jackson, Jones, White, Graham, Colston, and now watkins/evans?

Lolcarolina

Fixxxer
04-05-2014, 11:47 AM
If one of the top 3 OT's are there and we take Ebron at 9 I will be shocked, and disappointed.

Without knowing about college football, I get a Bulaga vibe with Lewan. Is the third overall OT better than the first TE or first player in a position we might need?

X-Era
04-05-2014, 11:51 AM
Without knowing about college football, I get a Bulaga vibe with Lewan. Is the third overall OT better than the first TE or first player in a position we might need?IMO, Zack Martin is more the Bulaga with the short arms. Lewan is more Carimi. I think he's a marginal LT prospect but could be solid at RT. I think he's more mauler than finesse blocker with a bit of a nasty streak.

To be clear, I realize Carimi hasn't done much in the NFL. But, coming out I loved what the kid seemed to offer. So I compare them based on what they looked like coming out. Hopefully, Lewan can have better success.

To answer your 3rd OT vs. 1st TE question: I don't think you can go by that strictly. It could be that this draft has 3 top notch OT prospects where most drafts have 1. And that this year there is no Vernon Davis type TE.

I feel Ebron is a very good prospect. Love what the kid can bring. But he has had his share of drops. And this team watched a Stevie drop and Chandler drop probably cost us games. So, I'm not sure fans will have much patience for that. Still, I think it's more coincidence than inherent in Ebrons game. I'd love to have the kid as a Bill. I just think it's a bit or a long shot for us to go that route at 9... If we trade down I think it becomes much more real.

GvilleBills
04-05-2014, 12:07 PM

At 9, I agree. But if Whaley can pick up another 2nd to move out of Lewan-range, Ebron could be one helluva consolation prize.

stuckincincy
04-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Decent scouting report on Crichton. Nice to see some words about run defense.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1749673/scott-crichton

BuffaloWingEater
04-07-2014, 11:09 AM

We know Stevie can play.

wait! you left out tj graham bwahahahaha