PDA

View Full Version : Doug Marrone picked Mike up from the airport !!

Skooby
04-04-2014, 05:57 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BkabM2pIEAAoTWY.jpg

https://twitter.com/buffalobills/status/452219460053913600

ParanoidAndroid
04-04-2014, 06:49 PM
I really like Coach Marrone.

sudzy
04-04-2014, 06:53 PM
I really had my doubts that Mike Williams would report.

Night Train
04-04-2014, 07:10 PM

Why ? He went to Riverside High and grew up here in Buffalo.

swiper
04-04-2014, 07:17 PM
Good start!

Meathead
04-04-2014, 07:47 PM
AND gave him the black bro handshake to boot

kishoph
04-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Marrone had some friends with him.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/kishoph/BuffaloAirport.jpg

YardRat
04-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Nice

Mace
04-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Maybe this works out ok. It sure makes me feel good about it.

Skooby
04-04-2014, 09:12 PM
We need all the support for Mike he can get.

stuckincincy
04-05-2014, 04:24 AM

The airport is a pretty safe venue. Not many knives carried there these days. :p:

Jan Reimers
04-05-2014, 05:05 AM
Why ? He went to Riverside High and grew up here in Buffalo.

And, he has about $6 Million other reasons.

But I do think he will be a great addition if he gets his life turned around a little. I've loved him as a receiver since his Syracuse days.

YardRat
04-05-2014, 05:23 AM
Wow, Jan...not completely negative...getting close to turning the corner away from the dark side?

better days
04-05-2014, 07:24 AM
And, he has about $6 Million other reasons.

But I do think he will be a great addition if he gets his life turned around a little. I've loved him as a receiver since his Syracuse days.

Well, as someone pointed out on Tampa radio yesterday, Mike Williams was the person stabbed, not the person that did the stabbing.

Jan Reimers
04-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Wow, Jan...not completely negative...getting close to turning the corner away from the dark side?

Trying to turn the corner back to my once-optimistic self.

Dr. Lecter
04-05-2014, 08:06 AM
Trying to turn the corner back to my once-optimistic self.
That will last until the 3rd week of September.............

Skooby
04-05-2014, 08:32 AM
If we draft Clowney, everybody will be optimistic.

feldspar
04-05-2014, 12:21 PM
Well, as someone pointed out on Tampa radio yesterday, Mike Williams was the person stabbed, not the person that did the stabbing.

Strange to blame somebody for getting stabbed, right?

Corey Graham, also a newly-acquired Buffalo native, has a brother that did five years in prison for possession of cocaine and marijuana with intent to deliver.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2009-08-16/sports/0908150388_1_buffalo-area-brother-visit

Should we blame Corey Graham for having this brother, too? Some probably will after hearing about it.

Another interesting thing in this article is that it says the Bears played with the idea of moving Graham to Free Safety in an offseason, and it didn't work out. The Bills are trying the same thing. Maybe it'll be different this time.

Jan Reimers
04-05-2014, 12:28 PM
That will last until the 3rd week of September.............

. . .Or the first OTA.

Jan Reimers
04-05-2014, 12:35 PM
Strange to blame somebody for getting stabbed, right?

I don't think Williams is being blamed so much for his brother's stabbing him, but the fact that it comes after some domestic incidents and trouble with his neighbors which resulted in the police being called, and a lawsuit or two by his landlord and those same neighbors.

All of this is a little murky, but it seems like a pattern of behavior that is at least troubling.

feldspar
04-05-2014, 12:46 PM
I don't think Williams is being blamed so much for his brother's stabbing him, but the fact that it comes after some domestic incidents and trouble with his neighbors which resulted in the police being called, and a lawsuit or two by his landlord and those same neighbors.

All of this is a little murky, but it seems like a pattern of behavior that is at least troubling.

You contradict yourself here because you use the fact that he was stabbed against him.

Now being stabbed is a form of behavior too?

BidsJr
04-05-2014, 01:53 PM
You contradict yourself here because you use the fact that he was stabbed against him.

To be fair he was stabbed by his brother, not some random act of idiocy from some stranger. Maybe he did something to provoke him. Maybe not.

feldspar
04-05-2014, 02:36 PM
To be fair he was stabbed by his brother, not some random act of idiocy from some stranger. Maybe he did something to provoke him. Maybe not.

Explain to me a scenario where a person that has no history of violence provokes a stabbing. Go ahead and invent something. Did he take the last piece of cake, refuse to give his brother money, or did Mike Williams threaten his brother's life? Do you actually believe that his brother may have been in fear of his life? Based on what? Keep in mind that his brother is being charged with a crime here.

"To be fair" people should shut up about even hinting at saying Mike Williams "had it coming" or some such crap. I give the benefit of the doubt to the guy that got stabbed, not the guy that actually STABBED his own brother. And while it was his brother and not a stranger, that doesn't preclude that this was likely a random act of idiocy.

Thief
04-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Explain to me a scenario where a person that has no history of violence provokes a stabbing. Go ahead and invent something. Did he take the last piece of cake, refuse to give his brother money, or did Mike Williams threaten his brother's life? Do you actually believe that his brother may have been in fear of his life? Based on what? Keep in mind that his brother is being charged with a crime here.

"To be fair" people should shut up about even hinting at saying Mike Williams "had it coming" or some such crap. I give the benefit of the doubt to the guy that got stabbed, not the guy that actually STABBED his own brother. And while it was his brother and not a stranger, that doesn't preclude that this was likely a random act of idiocy.Are you implying he did nothing to provoke his own brother into stabbing him? His brother is just a deranged homicidal lunatic? I have no clue what he did, but I think your logic is a little flawed here.

feldspar
04-05-2014, 06:01 PM
Are you implying he did nothing to provoke his own brother into stabbing him? His brother is just a deranged homicidal lunatic? I have no clue what he did, but I think your logic is a little flawed here.

The logic is not flawed, and if you don't stop provoking me like this, I'll hunt you down and stab you.

Dude, his brother STABBED him...s-t-a-b-b-e-d him. Of course, it's more likely that he had a good reason to STAB his own brother than not, right? Talk about flawed logic...because people that stab other people do do so because of fundamental issues of their own, usually, and that's why there are plenty of people in prison that don't belong there. Being mad is a great reason to pick up a weapon and stab your own brother in the leg from what I hear. Have you ever been mad enough to even dream of doing something like that in reality?

I don't give a **** WHAT Williams said or did...his brother STABBED him, and there is not a single mark on his brother that I've heard about.

Flaws in logic are to assume that the knife-wielder could ever have been in the right here. Dez Bryant apparently assaulted his own mother, and that biotch should NOT have provoked him like that, right? That's the slant, isn't it?

Jan Reimers
04-06-2014, 04:39 AM

No, but being stabbed by his brother MIGHT be an indicator of his behavior.

I'm simply saying that the stabbing, coupled with multiple police visits to his home, his neighbors making complaints of trespass and other bad acts, at least one lawsuit by his landlord - and perhaps another by his neignbors against him - indicates trouble.

Why would Tampa Bay give up on a highly gifted receiver in return for a 6th round draft pick if there wasn't a real cause for concern about his behavior?

None of us know the circumstances of the stabbing, but generally when you have a long history of trouble and your brother stabs you, there is something other than he didn't like the fit of your choir robe, or the level of your gift to the Boys and Girls Club was inadequate.

I like Williams and I hope he is great with the Bills. But I am worried about his behavior, including why his brother would stab him in the thigh.

better days
04-06-2014, 05:27 AM

I'm simply saying that the stabbing, coupled with multiple police visits to his home, his neighbors making complaints of trespass and other bad acts, at least one lawsuit by his landlord - and perhaps another by his neignbors against him - indicates trouble.

Why would Tampa Bay give up on a highly gifted receiver in return for a 6th round draft pick if there wasn't a real cause for concern about his behavior?

None of us know the circumstances of the stabbing, but generally when you have a long history of trouble and your brother stabs you, there is something other than he didn't like the fit of your choir robe, or the level of your gift to the Boys and Girls Club was inadequate.

I like Williams and I hope he is great with the Bills. But I am worried about his behavior, including why his brother would stab him in the thigh.

No question, the Bucs got rid of Mike because new HC Lovie Smith did not want to deal with a potential problem.

A 6th rnd pick IMO is a great gamble by Marrone, Whaley & the Bills.

If Williams keeps his nose clean, this will be a steal for the Bills. If not a 6th rnd pick is no big deal to lose.

swiper
04-06-2014, 05:41 AM
Thanks for stating the obvious.

sudzy
04-06-2014, 05:48 AM

I under stand what your saying, Williams was the victim in the stabbing. There is a report out that that was one of numerous domestic dispute calls that Williams has been involved with. At the very least he is from a very unstable environment. Hopefully the Bills did all the homework and at least they didn't gamble much.

better days
04-06-2014, 07:59 AM
Thanks for stating the obvious.

Wow, I guess even you can pick up on the obvious, I'm surprised.

feldspar
04-06-2014, 10:27 AM

According to a carpet cleaner that was in the house at the time:

“They were arguing. Mike was mad, and they got into it,” said Carter, who said Baylor had damaged a Bentley automobile that belonged to Williams, the back window knocked out. “Mike wasn’t the aggressor, but I guess he was a little upset about that and he told him to get out.”

Vaughn said the argument had escalated quickly. “He didn’t come in the house upset,” he said. “The mood wasn’t that something was about to happen.”

“There was hollering,” he said. “For a long time, they were talking back and forth to each other. Next thing I know, I see the man’s hand come out and stab him in the leg.”

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/witnesses-describe-how-bucs-mike-williams-was-stabbed/2171953

So, not surprisingly, there was an argument. Ever been in one of those? Sounds to me like his brother was the one that was completely wrong...after all, he STABBED him. Doesn't sound like there was any call to do that.

The Popcorn
04-06-2014, 10:30 AM
If we draft Clowney, everybody will be optimistic.

He won't make it to #9.

Skooby
04-06-2014, 10:30 AM
If stabbing relatives was legal, I'd have less people calling me for money.