• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Do the Pats have a great Front Office?

There's along list of Pats draft mistakes at this point. I've clamored on it for years about how all the pick stockpiling has been mostly a waste... Just more darts but still no accuracy.

But between Hernandez and now this... I find it funny to hear anyone talk about the Pats as a classy organization. Kraft is a great person and a classy owner. But the organization has made many questionable moves for years.
    Last edited by X-Era; 04-06-2014, 09:02 AM.

• SpikedLemonade
    • Jun 2024

Re: Another example of a Pats draft mistake

Those stupid bastards just keep on winning.

Why can't they show the class of the Bills?

Comment

• GvilleBills
      • Mar 2006

A first round talent that they got in the seventh. They really **** the bed there...
      Diehard BillGator... best of both worlds

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
        Those stupid bastards just keep on winning.

Why can't they show the class of the Bills?
        You were at the top of my list for giving the token answer. Lol.

I don't care.

Put a HOF QB and HOF HC on any team and you have a playoff team.

Not the point.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GvilleBills View Post
          A first round talent that they got in the seventh. They really **** the bed there...
          I agree. They did. It won't help them much when he's suspended or in jail instead of on the field. Cough-Hernandez-cough.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Fans can service them all you want but Brady and Belichump are why they win. They are a sham of an organization IMO.

And for all the hype, they haven't gone to a SB in a decade.

I digress. Their drafts are pretty bad for many years and their decisions to draft guys with character problems have bit them. It raises real questions on how deserving of credit they are as a front office.
            Last edited by X-Era; 04-05-2014, 12:02 PM.

Comment

• GvilleBills
              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
              I agree. They did. It won't help them much when he's suspended or in jail instead of on the field. Cough-Hernandez-cough.
              If he's on the field at all as a 7th the Patsies are ahead. If you get a starter for 12 games ( nickel corner is basically a starter in today's game) out of a 7th, then jackpot.

Risk/reward = Pats win

I feel dirty saying it, but that doesn't make it any less true.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                • Mar 2006

Hernandez was another 1st round talent that they stole for a fourth. And got very productive years from.

Bottom line is your premise is true. They've whiffed with most of the accumulated picks. The myth of NE's draft success has long been exposed.
                But your examples so far aren't helping your case.

Comment

• GvilleBills
                  • Mar 2006

Fans can service them all you want but Brady and Belichump are why they win. They are a sham of an organization IMO.

I digress. Their drafts are pretty bad for many years and their decisions to draft guys with character problems have bit them. It raises real questions on how deserving of credit they are as a front office.
                  You mean they haven't WON the SB in a decade...

Comment

• IlluminatusUIUC
                    • Sep 2012

You sure about that?

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

Comment

• feldspar
                      • Mar 2007

I remember that Alfonzo Dennard actually assaulted a police officer the week of the draft...I don't know how stupid you would have to be to do that, but the guy was facing possible jail-time if convicted of that anyway. This is why he fell so far in the draft.

I don't think that he can be suspended for something that he did when he wasn't even in the NFL, though. He got a DUI, and that's probably the only thing they can use against him. I don't think players are suspended for just having one DUI, are they? But since this DUI was a violation of probation for punching the cop or whatever, he got a little more jail time than he would have had.

I don't really think you can call this a draft mistake because it comes as no surprise to anybody that Dennard had to do a short jail stint. It was already known that he was in trouble.
                      Last edited by feldspar; 04-05-2014, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GvilleBills View Post
                        You mean they haven't WON the SB in a decade...
                        I stand corrected I misspoke.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                          I remember that Alfonzo Dennard actually assaulted a police officer the week of the draft...I don't know how stupid you would have to be to do that, but the guy was facing possible jail-time if convicted of that anyway. This is why he fell so far in the draft.

I don't think that he can be suspended for something that he did when he wasn't even in the NFL, though. He got a DUI, and that's probably the only thing they can use against him. I don't think players are suspended for just having one DUI, are they? But since this DUI was a violation of probation for punching the cop or whatever, he got a little more jail time than he would have had.

I don't really think you can call this a draft mistake because it comes as no surprise to anybody that Dennard had to do a short jail stint. It was already known that he was in trouble.
                          Read the article.

He went to jail for DUI since he was on parole already from punching a cop in the face... Classy guy. Good call Pats.

Comment

• feldspar
                            • Mar 2007

Read the article.

He went to jail for DUI since he was on parole already from punching a cop in the face... Classy guy. Good call Pats.
                            LOL, read my post.

And it's probation, not parole.

After he was convicted, he was ALREADY sentenced to 30 days in jail for assaulting the cop alone. He was going to serve that time ANYWAY. Do you understand that? He was already scheduled to go to jail much later.

Then they gave him an additional 30 days for violating PROBATION for the DUI, for a total of 60 days that he was actually sentenced for, serving 35. Simple first-time DUI offenders don't go to jail. This was all about punching the cop, which was known before the draft. The whole point is that Dennard was already in trouble before the draft.

The Patriots took a risk, and it has yet to come back and bite them in any way. They got a got a guy in the 7th round that should have been drafted in the first couple of rounds. Dennard has not missed any time on the field because of any of this, either.

The only thing that Dennard did wrong while in the NFL (that we know of) was get a DUI. I got a DUI too when I was his age, and that didn't make me a terrible person.

Comment

• Meathead
                              Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                              • Jul 2002

Put a HOF QB and mediocre with any other QB HC on any team and you have a playoff team.
                              fixed
                              One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

Working...
                              X