PDA

View Full Version : Bruins owner to buy Bills??

The Popcorn
04-06-2014, 10:22 AM
And keep them in Buffalo too?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/06/boston-bruins-owner-could-buy-bills-keep-them-in-buffalo/

Lefty2985
04-06-2014, 10:23 AM
He is from buffalo. And the bruins are a well run organization so I'm all in

Skooby
04-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Somebody needs to step up.

The Beef
04-06-2014, 10:52 AM
Good read if you read the actual article. The Trump part is hilarious. His cronie/VP Michael Cohen is talking some big **** about Trump's intentions.

For now it's a reliefs to actually hear about interested parties keeping the team here.

Personally I don't care if it's Trump, Jacobs, Pegula or whoever as long as they're committed to keeping the team in Buffalo.

Preferably they would let their football men run the team. We don't need a guy who thinks he is Jerry Jones. I also don't want someone who gets in just to maximize profit either.

Either way it'll be a bit of roller coaster for all found until the sale is finalized.

DynaPaul
04-06-2014, 11:11 AM
Preferably they would let their football men run the team. We don't need a guy who thinks he is Jerry Jones. I also don't want someone who gets in just to maximize profit either.

Well that rules out Donald Chump.

SpikedLemonade
04-06-2014, 11:13 AM
This Howard Milstein guy sounds like the best fit long-term. If he builds a new stadium on his land in Niagara Falls, it sounds like a win-win.

chris66
04-06-2014, 11:23 AM
This Howard Milstein guy sounds like the best fit long-term. If he builds a new stadium on his land in Niagara Falls, it sounds like a win-win.

Agree. the only way Bills stay in WNY is with a new stadium. As long as fans don't mind the cost increases that come with it

The Beef
04-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Well that rules out Donald Chump.

Yeah it would be an odd marriage between him and the Bills. He is an arrogant ass, but I don't see him making himself the GM like Jerry.

There's no doubt he'd be outspoken and it would probably be tough to for the GM and coach. Trump doesn't like to look bad though, he wouldn't run a bottom of the barrel organization just to turn a profit.

I could see Trump making big splashes though. If he was the owner currently there's no doubt Johnny Football would be in play. He's a talent and a for sure money maker. He'd be a no brainier for Trump.

jamze132
04-06-2014, 12:36 PM
I saw Trump and Jacobs at the airport drinking coffee from Bills mugs. Then then Trump pulled off his sport coat and had a Manuel jersey.

WagonCircler
04-06-2014, 01:12 PM
Then then Trump pulled off his sport coat and had a Manuel jersey.

That would make sense. Trump and Manuel are equally overrated.

SpikedLemonade
04-06-2014, 01:51 PM
Agree. the only way Bills stay in WNY is with a new stadium. As long as fans don't mind the cost increases that come with it

If you want to pretend to still be a big league relevant city, than you pay the prices that go along with it.

Otherwise, find another parking lot to get drunk in 8 Sundays a year.

swiper
04-06-2014, 02:21 PM
Do the Bruins fans really hate Jacobs?

<cite style="font-style: normal; font-size: 0.9em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;">patriotsdefense says:</cite><small style="font-size: 0.9em; clear: both; display: block; margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;">Apr 6, 2014 10:46 AM</small>This is bad news for Bruins fans. Money generated from the TD Garden, NESN, and the Boston Bruins should not be stiffened to help the fledgling Bills.

If they want to own the Bills, fine. Sell the Bruins, the TD Garden, and the 20% of NESN that the Bruins owns. Jacob is not beloved in Boston, in fact before 2011 he was down right hated.

<cite style="font-style: normal; font-size: 0.9em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;">
rebloggedonlol (http://rebloggedonlol.wordpress.com/) says:</cite><small style="font-size: 0.9em; clear: both; display: block; margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;">Apr 6, 2014 11:12 AM</small>This is a horrid idea, Jacobs is a terrible owner. The people of Buffalo deserve much better, hopefully they will find someone else who will keep the Bills in town.
Don’t jump for joy at the first guy willing to keep the team in Buffalo.

You do not want Jacobs, I promise you

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/06/boston-bruins-owner-could-buy-bills-keep-them-in-buffalo/

chris66
04-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Do the Bruins fans really hate Jacobs?

<cite style="font-style: normal; font-size: 0.9em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;">
rebloggedonlol (http://rebloggedonlol.wordpress.com/) says:</cite><small style="font-size: 0.9em; clear: both; display: block; margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', Times, serif;">Apr 6, 2014 11:12 AM</small>This is a horrid idea, Jacobs is a terrible owner. The people of Buffalo deserve much better, hopefully they will find someone else who will keep the Bills in town.
Don’t jump for joy at the first guy willing to keep the team in Buffalo.

You do not want Jacobs, I promise you

Once the NHL got cost certainty with the cap Jacobs has been a fine owner. Smartest thing he did was hire Charelli and made Neely president.

SpikedLemonade
04-06-2014, 03:08 PM
As a Bruins fan for 45+ years, I can tell you that Jacobs was a terrible owner until he handed the keys to his son to run the club. Boston is/was a wealthy city but he ran it like a cheap ***** until the NHL got a cap in 2004/5.

He may make Ralph look like a spending drunken sailor in comparison unless it is his son involved rather than him.

Ed
04-06-2014, 03:35 PM
As a Bruins fan for 45+ years, I can tell you that Jacobs was a terrible owner until he handed the keys to his son to run the club. Boston is/was a wealthy city but he ran it like a cheap ***** until the NHL got a cap in 2004/5.

He may make Ralph look like a spending drunken sailor in comparison unless it is his son involved rather than him.
Considering that he's already 74 years old, there's probably a good chance that his son would be more involved than him.

Night Train
04-06-2014, 04:51 PM
Bruins won the cup under Jacobs ownership. That fan is mental.

Of course this is great.

THEY'RE NOT LEAV-ING...CLAP..CLAP....CLAP,CLAP,CLAP..

Skooby
04-06-2014, 05:00 PM
Bruins won the cup under Jacobs ownership. That fan is mental.

Of course this is great.

THEY'RE NOT LEAV-ING...CLAP..CLAP....CLAP,CLAP,CLAP..

Yeah & they might win it again this year, ~ # 1 team.

YardRat
04-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Yeah it would be an odd marriage between him and the Bills. He is an arrogant ass, but I don't see him making himself the GM like Jerry.

There's no doubt he'd be outspoken and it would probably be tough to for the GM and coach. Trump doesn't like to look bad though, he wouldn't run a bottom of the barrel organization just to turn a profit.

I could see Trump making big splashes though. If he was the owner currently there's no doubt Johnny Football would be in play. He's a talent and a for sure money maker. He'd be a no brainier for Trump.

That's the biggest problem with Trump...more about style than substance.

BillsImpossible
04-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Considering that he's already 74 years old, there's probably a good chance that his son would be more involved than him.

Jacobs has three sons, and three daughters.

All 3 sons are principals/owners of Delaware North Companies and live in WNY.

I don't think they're Patriots fans :-)

This quote from Jacobs reminded me of the late Ralph C. Wilson, Jr.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Jacobs

Jacobs responded to reports that he was a "hard-liner" in the 2012-13 NHL lockout by saying he put the good of the league ahead of his own interest in keeping the players on the ice.[19] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Jacobs#cite_note-19)

“I’m coming off winning a Stanley Cup (in 2011). I’ve got a sold-out building. I have a financially sound business. No Debt. Ownership for 37 years,” he said. “I’m the last guy that wants to shut this down – absolutely the last one out there. “Unfortunately, I play in a league with 30 teams. And when I step back and look at what’s going on with the broadest sense of the league, I’ve got to play a role constructively in that way."

The Beef
04-06-2014, 09:48 PM
That's the biggest problem with Trump...more about style than substance.

Our substance has sucked the last 15 years without him.

I don't think he's the best choice, but it's not like he'd be taking over the team with Kelly and Thurman flipping them for Jeff George and Brian Bosworth.

Also, he's not following in the footsteps of Art Rooney.

Whoever takes over the team is following in the footsteps of an owner who did a lot of things in an awkward manner,in the last 20 years he:

Fired Polian for strictly personal reasons.
Had RoboSack inserted over Flutie, leading to the last 14 year curse.
By mutliple accounts had the final say on draft day.
GM by committee/Circle of trust. This was like the nWo only it wasn't wrestling, just weird.
Hand picked Russ Brandon to run his organization.

I appreciate everything he did for he fan base. I just don't think an owner coming is in danger of making himself or this team a laughingstock by the way he does business.

We haven't been at the forefront of innovation, strategy, talent allocation or winning. Quite honestly outside of the Raiders, Browns and Jags there aren't many other teams that we have consistently out performed over the last decade.

Yeah look out Trump or Jacobs might just submarine the entire operation... Yeah we don't want an owner who's going to put his stamp on the team and ruin our rich tradition and diminish our prowess on the league. That's just not the case (unfortunately) and I'll drink the Kool Aid of the new owner as long as they're committed to the tam, city, and winning.

swiper
04-12-2014, 06:09 AM
“Several reports have listed Jeremy Jacobs as potentially interested in buying the Buffalo Bills,” Jacobs’ company, Delaware North, said in a statement. “Mr. Jacobs owns the Boston Bruins and has no intention of selling the Bruins in order to purchase the Buffalo Bills (http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/04/11/keeping-family-jacobs-statement-missing-money-quote/). His focus is on ensuring the Boston Bruins continue to be a successful and winning franchise for the City of Boston and New England.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/12/jeremy-jacobs-addresses-reports-linking-him-to-the-bills/