PDA

View Full Version : Good read on Mike Williams and other Bills items

Raptor
04-06-2014, 11:53 AM
-Coming Home: The more I think about the Mike Williams trade the more I like it. Yes Williams has had some off the field issues but his talent is undeniable. Some would be concerned that coming home could be the worst possible thing for him. If he was younger I would agree with that. With Recent events however with his brother I think he realizes that the nonsense really needs to stop or the money is going to. I think Williams in familiar territory might be the best thing for him

-Fit: From a fit standpoint Williams should fit right in. He is a big target and known red zone threat that the Bills have wanted for a while. He also gives S.Johnson a legit running mate at the position making it much harder to roll the coverage towards Johnson. Williams is threat all over the field however because of his YAC ability which should come in very handy with the way the Bills like to spread the field

-Formations: The formation I am most looking forward to and hope the Bills plan on using it often is the 20 Personal (2 RB, 3WR). This personnel grouping gives opposing defenses a lot of issues from a matchup stand point. The key is having one of the RB’s being a team first guy and willing to block sometimes, the Bills have that in Fred Jackson

-Plus One, Minus One: I will never get this fan line of thinking that since Player A has been acquired that means Player B who plays the same position must now go. In this case its Mike Williams and Stevie Johnson. I ask why must Johnson go? He isn’t even in the top 15 of WR paid and the cap jumps up big time next year. By this time next year he likely won’t even be in the top 20 for average per year for WR’s. The most important part though is he along with Williams gives the Bills a very deep and talented WR group. A group that if held in tact is an advantage gained over opposing teams. The Bills should just give that right up after gaining it? Makes ZERO sense to me.......

www.profootballwarroom.com

swiper
11-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Guess he was soooooooooo wrong about Mike Williams.

He who just drew a 3 game suspension while not even on a team.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-06-2015, 05:56 PM
Did you seriously necropost a thread from 2014 about a player who left the Bills almost a year ago?

Meathead
11-06-2015, 06:00 PM
sad that a guy with a beard that epic cant stay out of trouble

Scumbag College
11-06-2015, 06:02 PM
Bring him in! Again!

Mace
11-06-2015, 06:06 PM
Bring him in! Again!

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/10/former_syracuse_and_bills_wr_mike_williams_says_hes_trying_to_get_back_into_nfl.html !

Ginger Vitis
11-07-2015, 04:20 AM
Someone should necrobump Swipers thread where Cecil Shorts claimed Blake Bortles is going to be a superstar and Swiper agreed that Bortles will be a superstar lol

swiper
11-07-2015, 04:42 AM
Someone should necrobump Swipers thread where Cecil Shorts claimed Blake Bortles is going to be a superstar and Swiper agreed that Bortles will be a superstar lol

LOL. Said the sad-sack Buffalo Bills fan.

Fact: Blake Bortles is the 15th ranked NFL QB - LINK (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2015/seasontype/2)

Not only did he just embarrass the Bills in London, he is in the upward side of his curve.

As opposed to your EJ Manuel (who never had it) and your Tyrod Taylor (who has been figured out).

Loser Bills fans. Anyone that wouldn't want a 4-year seasoned Blake Bortles as their QB is just stupid. We could call that person a Ginger Vitis.

As anyone that understands football can see - Bortles is developing and progressing where EJ Manuel never had the tools to be successful.

Keep swinging though.

You just made Cecil Shorts look smart all over again.

IlluminatusUIUC
11-07-2015, 09:04 AM
LOL. Said the sad-sack Buffalo Bills fan.

Fact: Blake Bortles is the 15th ranked NFL QB - LINK (http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/year/2015/seasontype/2)

Not only did he just embarrass the Bills in London, he is in the upward side of his curve.

As opposed to your EJ Manuel (who never had it) and your Tyrod Taylor (who has been figured out).

Loser Bills fans. Anyone that wouldn't want a 4-year seasoned Blake Bortles as their QB is just stupid. We could call that person a Ginger Vitis.

As anyone that understands football can see - Bortles is developing and progressing where EJ Manuel never had the tools to be successful.

Keep swinging though.

You just made Cecil Shorts look smart all over again.

EJ Manuel embarassed the Bills in London. Bortles had a great drive early in the game, and before he saw the field again EJ had turned a Bortles' 4 pt lead into an 18 point lead, and then Yeldon made it a 25 pt lead. His job for the rest of the game was to protect a 4 score lead and he couldn't even do that. He personally gave the last part back and needed a non-existent PI to set up his game winner. He's "developing and progressing" his coach into a likely midseason firing.