X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

With all this noise concerning QB as a need

Is there 1 legit expert out there claiming QB as a need for the Bills?

Just curious... I know "experts" are routinely dismissed depending on the agenda of the person doing the dismissing... But it's a pretty daunting task to dismiss them all on this topic.

So let's hear it... Is there an expert? I promise no further comment from me in this thread.
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: With all this noise concerning QB as a need

The Bills have an unproven quarterback.

The "experts" probably generally feel like EJ Manuel is the Bills quarterback because of the commitment of taking him in the first round last year. If you want to talk about the so-called experts, maybe you should site some of them that actually give Manuel a ringing endorsement. I don't think that there are very many of them.

EJ is the biggest wildcard on this team, which would probably be a playoff team with decent QB play.

All I can do is hope. Believe me, conclusions will be drawn sometime during the 2014 season by a lot of experts once there is a larger sample size. The ball is EJ's court, as he should know.

Comment

• mayotm
      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
      The Bills have an unproven quarterback.

The "experts" probably generally feel like EJ Manuel is the Bills quarterback because of the commitment of taking him in the first round last year. If you want to talk about the so-called experts, maybe you should site some of them that actually give Manuel a ringing endorsement. I don't think that there are very many of them.

EJ is the biggest wildcard on this team, which would probably be a playoff team with decent QB play.

All I can do is hope. Believe me, conclusions will be drawn sometime during the 2014 season by a lot of experts once there is a larger sample size. The ball is EJ's court, as he should know.
      Fair assessment without all the dramatic proclamations that EJ sucks or EJ is going to be great.

Comment

• sudzy
        • Apr 2013

I feel like that the Bills are a good QB away from the playoffs. So better QB play is a need. Now, the debate is whether that will EJ ever give them that or not. I think most of the experts understand the Bills have committed to EJ so the point is moot. It's EJ or bust.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

I'm with you that EJ gets another season and the draft a QB crowd is wasting their time. Using the self proclaimed experts to solidify the argument I'm not. I don't care what these "experts" think. They are wrong more than they are right

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Deion Sanders was on local radio a couple of weeks ago and thinks the Bills have their QB in EJ. He acknowledged that EJ needs to make a decent leap this season, and stay healthy. I would guess the Seminole connection colored his opinion a little bit.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bleve
              • Mar 2005

I don't need a weatherman to tell me which way the wind blows...
              "You can't be a real country unless you have beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need beer."
              ~ Frank Zappa

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                • Jun 2005

The EXPERTS on this board think so LOL

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

He gets another year.

Meanwhile, the Bills will solidify the other areas on O so that Manuel or the next guy in 2015 has solid talent around him to succeed.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

On WGR over the weekend, Joe B had an interesting take.

He said if the Bills do get a new owner soon as has been reported, Marrone & Whaley will be on the hot seat.

Whaley will have to have a good draft & Marrone will have to win this season to have any kind of job security with the new owner.

Both Whaley & Marrone have said they are all in on EJ & if he ****s the bed, they both may be looking for jobs next year.

Comment

• X-Era
                      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by better days View Post

He said if the Bills do get a new owner soon as has been reported, Marrone & Whaley will be on the hot seat.

Whaley will have to have a good draft & Marrone will have to win this season to have any kind of job security with the new owner.

Both Whaley & Marrone have said they are all in on EJ & if he ****s the bed, they both may be looking for jobs next year.
                      I hope that doesn't happen.

We're building. Stay the course.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

I don't think Marrone will be on the hot seat with new ownership. He seems to be the perfect fit for the Buffalo area. Blue collar, no BS kinda guy who isn't afraid to tell it like it is. Won't sugar coat stuff, or beat around the bush. If he has an answer, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, he'll say he doesn't.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                          Sab and TD are insignificant
                          • Sep 2002

We will not draft a qb, or a lb, or a DE at number 9... we will take an OT, and a g in the second, and then bpa the rest of the draft at wr, lb, rb, and either db, or dl.

- - - Updated - - -

We will not draft a qb, or a lb, or a DE at number 9... we will take an OT, and a g in the second, and then bpa the rest of the draft at wr, lb, rb, and either db, or dl.
                          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by better days View Post

So Joe B. is basically SPECULATING, based on....nothing.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                              I don't think Marrone will be on the hot seat with new ownership. He seems to be the perfect fit for the Buffalo area. Blue collar, no BS kinda guy who isn't afraid to tell it like it is. Won't sugar coat stuff, or beat around the bush. If he has an answer, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, he'll say he doesn't.
                              I was not a fan of the Marrone hire, but I agree for the most part.

On the other hand, Marrone did not fire Danny Crossman after the Bills special teams went down the toilet last year.

Marrone & Crossman are blaming last years TERRIBLE special teams play on the players with Crossman taking no blame himself.

Well IMO, Marrone & Crossman were responsible for the players they chose for special teams.

No excuses, Special Teams must make a dramatic turn around this year or Crossman's failures are on Marrone's head.

Oh, And EJ must show he warrants the faith Whalley & Marrone have in him.

Comment

Working...
                              X