PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Buffalo News really dig up dirt on Mike Williams

ghz in pittsburgh
04-07-2014, 06:55 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/bills-took-a-chance-on-williams-20140406

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He was caught speeding by cameras five times during a six-week period in Tampa.
He announced one party, complete with a photo of his rented home and two days
before the Bucs' home opener in 2012, on Facebook. His post suggested that such
signature bashes were the norm in Buffalo.

“its going down again just not
in Buffalo is in *TAMPA* at my house the biggest house party of the year
September 21 again September 21 most flights and hotels is paid by me alot of
special guest will be there again September 21 everything is free no catch again
yall no me by now no front…”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's a Buffalo thing now ...

Night Train
04-07-2014, 08:01 AM
Bucky digs TMZ.

better days
04-07-2014, 09:46 AM
http://www.buffalonews.com/columns/bucky-gleason/bills-took-a-chance-on-williams-20140406

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

special guest will be there again September 21 everything is free no catch again
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keeping Rick James alive in Buffalo.

Goobylal
04-08-2014, 11:38 AM
OMG! He likes to speed and throw parties? Cut him now!

:rolleyes:

Saratoga Slim
04-09-2014, 06:10 AM
Whatever. It's a 6th rounder. We usually cut them anyway. At least here we're likely to get some weeks of veteran production before he does something dumb and we have to cut him.

Goobylal
04-09-2014, 07:13 AM
Whatever. It's a 6th rounder. We usually cut them anyway. At least here we're likely to get some weeks of veteran production before he does something dumb and we have to cut him.
He hasn't done anything bad enough to warrant even having a meeting with Goodell. Why does anyone think he'll suddenly become a problem in his hometown?

trapezeus
04-09-2014, 07:32 AM
after the bills traded for him, he was scheduled to get his physical. He missed it and needed to reschedule. i don't know if that was because the logistics didn't work or if he simply missed it.

i also expect no one to believe the above which is fine. i'm just saying for me, i expect almost nothing from him. i'm fine with a 6th round on a high ceiling guy, but i don't think he's ever going to commit to football. he's committed to a lifestyle.

Goobylal
04-09-2014, 07:40 AM
after the bills traded for him, he was scheduled to get his physical. He missed it and needed to reschedule. i don't know if that was because the logistics didn't work or if he simply missed it.

i also expect no one to believe the above which is fine. i'm just saying for me, i expect almost nothing from him. i'm fine with a 6th round on a high ceiling guy, but i don't think he's ever going to commit to football. he's committed to a lifestyle.
Unless you know the reason why he missed the physical, it's a non-story. And he's got an opportunity to either continue like before or commit himself to football. But at the least, he'll be worth far more than any 6th rounder the Bills could have drafted.

better days
04-09-2014, 09:02 AM
Regardless of what he does, we still badly need a big-bodied receiving threat like Evans, Ebron, Benjamin, or Robinson. Would love to have any one of those (preferably Ebron). OT can wait till the 2nd rd.

If not Evans, the big bodied receiving threat can wait until the 2nd rnd.

I would rather have Matthews in the first than a receiver that was over drafted.

BertSquirtgum
04-09-2014, 09:00 PM

Oh no, world's going to end.

TigerJ
04-12-2014, 07:11 AM
On one hand, I agree with those who suggest that nothing he's done should have precluded him from being acquired as a WR by the Bills. On the other hand, it shows a pattern of behavior that may suggest a lack of the kind of discipline that is conducive to a long and productive NFL career. I suspect when you engage in this pattern of behavior, it increases the odds that sooner or later, something more serious is going to happen. The Bucs got rid of him for pocket change for a reason. I'm OK with the Bills having traded for him, but Marrone should have, and probably did, read him "the riot act" about his off field lifestyle as a member of the Bills.

better days
04-12-2014, 07:52 AM
On one hand, I agree with those who suggest that nothing he's done should have precluded him from being acquired as a WR by the Bills. On the other hand, it shows a pattern of behavior that may suggest a lack of the kind of discipline that is conducive to a long and productive NFL career. I suspect when you engage in this pattern of behavior, it increases the odds that sooner or later, something more serious is going to happen. The Bucs got rid of him for pocket change for a reason. I'm OK with the Bills having traded for him, but Marrone should have, and probably did, read him "the riot act" about his off field lifestyle as a member of the Bills.

All reports are that while Williams has been immature, he is not a bad guy.

In fact, he is a good guy well liked by his teammates.

He just needs to mature & grow up which he has acknowledged.

I expect good things from Mike Williams this year & am happy the Bills got him & the Pats didn't*.

Figster
04-12-2014, 08:09 AM
Regardless of what he does, we still badly need a big-bodied receiving threat like Evans, Ebron, Benjamin, or Robinson. Would love to have any one of those (preferably Ebron). OT can wait till the 2nd rd.

If we drafted Evans, the Bills WR corp would be overflowing with potentially good prospects, and no way to get them all onto the field.

Who doesn't play? SJ? Woods? Goodwin?

With the addition of Williams, Ebron seems to be the best option in my opinion,:topdog2:

Novacane
04-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Bucky Gleason is such a negative douche. I think this is a can't lose for the Bills. The only damage Williams can do is more to himself. If he doesn't change his behavior you cut him and have lost a 6th round pick. Who cares.

stuckincincy
04-12-2014, 11:18 AM

I expect good things from Mike Williams this year & am happy the Bills got him & the Pats didn't*.

By all means, give the guy a chance, but I don't find the below particularly encouraging. As to his teammates - players seldom poke at the fatted calf that is their livelihood.

..."It's been a busy offseason for former Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Williams, and for all the wrong reasons. He was arraigned on trespass and criminal mischief charges in February (he has since been approved to enter a pretrial intervention program to resolve the matter), and around that time it was reported that, from June to September 2013, neighbors in his Tamp, Fla., gated community called 911 at least five times because of loud parties Williams threw at the home he was renting. Then, in late March, he was stabbed in the leg by his brother.

Last week, less than nine months after Williams signed a six-year, $40 million contract with the Bucs, he was traded to the Bills for a late-round pick where he was reunited with college coach Doug Marrone, now the coach in Buffalo."...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24518139/bills-wr-mike-williams-i-think-i-do-need-to-grow-up-a-little-bit

TB dumped him after a big signing (and he got a $1 million signing bonus).

No problem with tossing a 6th rnd pick for him, but I reserve skepticism about him being a newly-minted pentinent.

kscdogbillsfan1221
04-12-2014, 12:18 PM

you could easily replace Williams for S. Johnson in these sentence descriptions. lol

The Popcorn
04-12-2014, 09:47 PM
When he has 80 receptions, 1200 yards, and 10 TDs, all will be forgotten.

better days
04-12-2014, 09:50 PM
you could easily replace Williams for S. Johnson in these sentence descriptions. lol

I was thinking the same thing myself when I posted it.