PDA

View Full Version : I think buffalo can finally overtake new england again.

ublinkwescore
04-08-2014, 08:27 AM
I think the bills defense is poised to be even better than it was last season. We already had a great defensive line, but now we have a hungry and determined Pepper Johnson coaching a line that yielded not one, but 3 probowlers, with a very versatile and pretty complete linebacking corps behind them. Pepper Johnson may not be with us beyond this season because if this line can improve against the run (see Jim Schwartz who SHOULD help) he will be a hot commodity for new head coaches in search of a defensive coordinator in 2015. Our secondary is in ok shape. It was nice having Byrd in our backfield, and we probably would have led the league in ints if he played all year, but we still finished what, third in the league and I really didn't notice much of a drop off with Leonhard back there.

But, the offense is what we need to see make some progress, and that progress mostly needs to come from EJ Manuel, this front office MUST give him the best possible support from this draft. we need a tackle and a guard, and a tight end im ok with the WR situation assuming mike williams can bring similar performance to what he has already done in the nfl. He has had ****ty qbing down in tampa. Regardless, EJ should show some improvement simply because he has the same OC, same system, and a decent wr corps as well as rbs who can catch out of the backfield, injuries are a concern, hopefully, he has put some time in at the weight room to bulk up a bit to try and improve his durability. EJ should have been 5-4 as a starter, as opposed 4-5 were it not for two fatal mistakes by SJ & Chandler... the jury is still out, but the verdict is rendered this year on EJ. If he progresses, and stops being affraid to overthrow his receivers on go routes, we can not only beat new england, but take our division. The jets are still a flaming dumpster full of $#!t... the dolphins are a joke, and yes, I think the pats are NOT going back to another superbowl with Brady or Belicek.

I am excited for this upcoming season, but I still will not give the NFL one red cent until the officiating is fixed.

ParanoidAndroid
04-08-2014, 08:33 AM
It may be that Schwartz gets a new HC gig which would put Johnson in line to be our DC.

ublinkwescore
04-08-2014, 08:36 AM
well, that would probably still be good news.

- - - Updated - - -

well, that would probably still be good news.

Luisito23
04-08-2014, 08:36 AM
It may be that Schwartz gets a new HC gig

Yeah, I wouldn't really worry about that...Nobody's hiring that guy anytime soon.

ublinkwescore
04-08-2014, 08:37 AM
I think our d ends up top 5.

- - - Updated - - -

I think our d ends up top 5.

don137
04-08-2014, 09:24 AM
I was more excited with Pettine than Schwartz. Still need to stop the run much better. Replacing Byrd is no easy task. My personal opinion is I think they will finish around 10th in league if all goes well.

I have to think they will go offense early in draft with a tackle and WR or TE in first two rounds. With a year under EJs belt, the addition of Williams and addressing needs in draft I think the biggest improvement will be on offense.

swiper
04-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Thread: I think buffalo can finally overtake new england again. (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/223437-I-think-buffalo-can-finally-overtake-new-england-again)
This claim has been made for most of the past 15 years. I will believe it when I see it. And no McKelvin fumbling returns.

justasportsfan
04-08-2014, 10:30 AM
It all depends on the QB position. We have a great running game, a very good D but our passing game needs to be way better. Defenses should still stack the DL and dare EJ to throw, If he can't take advantage of that, we're going no where.

better days
04-08-2014, 11:29 AM
It all depends on the QB position. We have a great running game, a very good D but our passing game needs to be way better. Defenses should still stack the DL and dare EJ to throw, If he can't take advantage of that, we're going no where.

But if EJ does take advantage of that, the Bills are going to score a lot of points & win games.

justasportsfan
04-08-2014, 12:17 PM
But if EJ does take advantage of that, the Bills are going to score a lot of points & win games.

big IF.

better days
04-08-2014, 12:23 PM
big IF.

Agreed, as is IF he can stay healthy for 16 games.

IF he can do both of those, the Bills have a franchise QB.

gr8slayer
04-08-2014, 12:29 PM
I don't think it's that far-fetched. The AFC East is about as even as it's been in years.

trapezeus
04-08-2014, 01:03 PM
new england should have lost a lot of games last year, and they didn't. Something isn't right and the bills are never going to win as long as the NFL wants boston to be a football town.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the pats declining anytime soon.

better days
04-08-2014, 01:24 PM
new england should have lost a lot of games last year, and they didn't. Something isn't right and the bills are never going to win as long as the NFL wants boston to be a football town.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the pats declining anytime soon.

The NFL will prop the Pats* up as long as possible, but their decline will come.

OpIv37
04-08-2014, 01:24 PM
And this is why I don't post here as much as I used to.

The Patriots have utterly dominated us and the entire div for roughly 15 years and counting. They have more SB's and I believe more overall wins than any other team in the league over that span (I'm too lazy to look it up but they are definitely top 3).

Yet, there's this thread and another thread trashing their FO. Look, I ****ing hate them too, but no amount of vitriol changes the reality that they have performed much,much better than us and much better than the overwhelming majority of the league. I don't like it but facts are facts and the results on the field speak for themselves. Some people just believe what they want to believe regardless of reality, and arguing with them is just too exhausting.

mayotm
04-08-2014, 01:30 PM
And this is why I don't post here as much as I used to.

The Patriots have utterly dominated us and the entire div for roughly 15 years and counting. They have more SB's and I believe more overall wins than any other team in the league over that span (I'm too lazy to look it up but they are definitely top 3).

Yet, there's this thread and another thread trashing their FO. Look, I ****ing hate them too, but no amount of vitriol changes the reality that they have performed much,much better than us and much better than the overwhelming majority of the league. I don't like it but facts are facts and the results on the field speak for themselves. Some people just believe what they want to believe regardless of reality, and arguing with them is just too exhausting.Nobody is disputing what has taken place the past 15 years. The original post was about what is going to happen this season. Now, it's my opinion that the Pats are still the favorite. That stated, I think the gap between the Pats and the rest of the division is closer than it's been in years.

better days
04-08-2014, 01:35 PM
Nobody is disputing what has taken place the past 15 years. The original post was about what is going to happen this season. Now, it's my opinion that the Pats are still the favorite. That stated, I think the gap between the Pats and the rest of the division is closer than it's been in years.

And since spygate, the Pats* have not won the Super Bowl.

ALL of their Super Bowl Wins are BOGUS.

OpIv37
04-08-2014, 01:38 PM
And since spygate, the Pats* have not won the Super Bowl.

ALL of their Super Bowl Wins are BOGUS.
Yeah well they've still dominated us and the div on the field. They're not perfect, but they're still the front runners until someone else in the div steps up.

Every year we get a thread like this, and every year NE barely breaks a sweat in the regular season.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2014, 01:56 PM
I don't think it's that far-fetched. The AFC East is about as even as it's been in years.it's been about even for 3 teams for many years.

justasportsfan
04-08-2014, 02:04 PM
During the late 80's and 90's OPiv would have said that the Patriots would never beat us.

better days
04-08-2014, 02:26 PM
Yeah well they've still dominated us and the div on the field. They're not perfect, but they're still the front runners until someone else in the div steps up.

Every year we get a thread like this, and every year NE barely breaks a sweat in the regular season.

Well, I agree the Pats* are still the front runner & I will be surprised if they don't win the division.

But they have not dominated. They have had a lot of help from officials of the NFL which I'm sure they will continue to receive to win games.

ublinkwescore
04-08-2014, 03:11 PM

We have made New England break a sweat quite a few times head to head... they have blown us out a few times, but we have been competitive with them head to head more often then not...

jills
04-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Thread: I think buffalo can finally overtake new england again. (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/223437-I-think-buffalo-can-finally-overtake-new-england-again)

This claim has been made for most of the past 15 years. I will believe it when I see it. And no McKelvin fumbling returns.

Correct, same **** different year.

Skooby
04-08-2014, 04:13 PM
Let's do it!

DynaPaul
04-08-2014, 04:34 PM
New England is toast once the evil trifecta of Belichick, Brady, and Adams are gone. Until then, expect the devious.

swiper
04-09-2014, 04:58 AM
Brady starting to show some signs that he's not exactly what he used to be. That being said, I still wouldn't bet against him.

better days
04-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Brady starting to show some signs that he's not exactly what he used to be. That being said, I still wouldn't bet against him.

Legendary Wrestler Ultimate Warrior dies is the headline on MSN.

RIP age 55.

Brady may want to play until age 50, but it ain't gonna happen.

Nobody is immune to father time.

OpIv37
04-09-2014, 07:48 AM
Legendary Wrestler Ultimate Warrior dies is the headline on MSN.

RIP age 55.

Brady may want to play until age 50, but it ain't gonna happen.

Nobody is immune to father time.

Well no one is immune but some are more resistant than others.

Brady hasn't been as clutch over the last few years, especially in the playoffs, but he really hasn't shown much physical decline. Bellicheck still lets him attempt every throw on the field and he still moves ou of the pocket the same way he always has- he was never much of a scrambling threat anyway.

better days
04-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Well no one is immune but some are more resistant than others.

Brady hasn't been as clutch over the last few years, especially in the playoffs, but he really hasn't shown much physical decline. Bellicheck still lets him attempt every throw on the field and he still moves ou of the pocket the same way he always has- he was never much of a scrambling threat anyway.

I would be surprised if Brady is not on the juice like HGH that can't be detected yet.

But last year against the Bills, Brady throw a lot of balls that looked like wounded ducks.

He is on the down slope of his career.

OpIv37
04-09-2014, 08:10 AM
I would be surprised if Brady is not on the juice like HGH that can't be detected yet.

But last year against the Bills, Brady throw a lot of balls that looked like wounded ducks.

He is on the down slope of his career.

Yeah I've been hearing that since 2010 at least. It's like a Patti disaster prediction: make it enough times and eventually you'll be right, then you can ignore the plethora of times you were wrong and say "see I told you so!"

better days
04-09-2014, 08:13 AM
Yeah I've been hearing that since 2010 at least. It's like a Patti disaster prediction: make it enough times and eventually you'll be right, then you can ignore the plethora of times you were wrong and say "see I told you so!"

It is a gradual thing. Even though Brady is on the down slope, he is closer to the top than the bottom of that slope so far.

But last year was the worst of Brady's career.

better days
04-09-2014, 08:16 AM
A down-sloping Brady is still infinitely better than the EJ-Geno-Tannelol **** trifecta going against him.

I would agree with that. But he is not better than Rodgers, Brees, Manning.

I don't expect to see Brady & the Pats* winning any more Super Bowls.

alohabillsfan
04-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Buffalo is an additional 2 bye weeks for New England :(

better days
04-09-2014, 08:26 AM
Buffalo is an additional 2 bye weeks for New England :(

The AFC East has been a cake walk for Brady's entire career.

Mike
04-09-2014, 08:52 AM
I think the bills defense is poised to be even better than it was last season. We already had a great defensive line, but now we have a hungry and determined Pepper Johnson coaching a line that yielded not one, but 3 probowlers, with a very versatile and pretty complete linebacking corps behind them. Pepper Johnson may not be with us beyond this season because if this line can improve against the run (see Jim Schwartz who SHOULD help) he will be a hot commodity for new head coaches in search of a defensive coordinator in 2015. Our secondary is in ok shape. It was nice having Byrd in our backfield, and we probably would have led the league in ints if he played all year, but we still finished what, third in the league and I really didn't notice much of a drop off with Leonhard back there.

But, the offense is what we need to see make some progress, and that progress mostly needs to come from EJ Manuel, this front office MUST give him the best possible support from this draft. we need a tackle and a guard, and a tight end im ok with the WR situation assuming mike williams can bring similar performance to what he has already done in the nfl. He has had ****ty qbing down in tampa. Regardless, EJ should show some improvement simply because he has the same OC, same system, and a decent wr corps as well as rbs who can catch out of the backfield, injuries are a concern, hopefully, he has put some time in at the weight room to bulk up a bit to try and improve his durability. EJ should have been 5-4 as a starter, as opposed 4-5 were it not for two fatal mistakes by SJ & Chandler... the jury is still out, but the verdict is rendered this year on EJ. If he progresses, and stops being affraid to overthrow his receivers on go routes, we can not only beat new england, but take our division. The jets are still a flaming dumpster full of $#!t... the dolphins are a joke, and yes, I think the pats are NOT going back to another superbowl with Brady or Belicek.

I am excited for this upcoming season, but I still will not give the NFL one red cent until the officiating is fixed.

Blatant homerism

Last year Pats went AFC championship game for 3rd straight year while we could not even break .500 and missed the playoffs for our 14th straight year.

Here is the clincher:
This past offseason the Pats Got Better while the Bills got worst!

Not only did they improve and gain all star players, we lost all star players and a defensive coordinator who was very very good. Plus they have Brady & Belichick

If you honestly believe Bills will overtake Pats, let's make a friendly wager.

The Jokeman
04-09-2014, 09:12 AM
It is a gradual thing. Even though Brady is on the down slope, he is closer to the top than the bottom of that slope so far.

But last year was the worst of Brady's career.

Look at what Brady had around him for a surrounding cast. As once Danny Amendola and Gronk weren't part of his receiving core he had a cast that was probably as equally bad as the Bills without Stevie Johnson. If Gronk and Amendola get healthy lookout for Brady in 2014 to return to greatness as the Patriots also added a veteran WR in LaFell and Dobson and Thompkins won't be rookies anymore. Toss in Shane Vereen should be back too. I'm not ready to dismiss the Patriots because BB and Brady find ways to win even when they don't have superior talent. Sure they aren't making Super Bowls but they're still an above average franchise. Yes, he Bills are building a better team and this might be the year that we might be over 0.500 and a Wild Card contender but to over take the Patriots for best in the division that's a step that might be too big in 2014.

better days
04-09-2014, 09:19 AM
Look at what Brady had around him for a surrounding cast. As once Danny Amendola and Gronk weren't part of his receiving core he had a cast that was probably as equally bad as the Bills without Stevie Johnson. If Gronk and Amendola get healthy lookout for Brady in 2014 to return to greatness as the Patriots also added a veteran WR in LaFell and Dobson and Thompkins won't be rookies anymore. Toss in Shane Vereen should be back too. I'm not ready to dismiss the Patriots because BB and Brady find ways to win even when they don't have superior talent. Sure they aren't making Super Bowls but they're still an above average franchise. Yes, he Bills are building a better team and this might be the year that we might be over 0.500 and a Wild Card contender but to over take the Patriots for best in the division that's a step that might be too big in 2014.

Yeah, I already said I expect the Pats* to win the AFC East this year. And I agree Brady did not have great targets to throw to last year.

But it would not change the wounded ducks Brady threw no matter who was on the other end of the pass.

Who knows, maybe Brady had an injury issue last year nobody knows about because the Pats* never are truthful about that like they are supposed to be.

ublinkwescore
04-09-2014, 10:12 AM
and Brady's body isn't worn down by booze, steroids, and cocaine

Maybe Gisele's vagina is a fountain of youth.

The Zone Ranger
04-09-2014, 10:19 AM
There ain't nothing to it but to do it. Until that time comes it is still a matter of having to prove they are better.

stuckincincy
04-09-2014, 12:30 PM
I was more excited with Pettine than Schwartz. Still need to stop the run much better. Replacing Byrd is no easy task. My personal opinion is I think they will finish around 10th in league if all goes well.

I have to think they will go offense early in draft with a tackle and WR or TE in first two rounds. With a year under EJs belt, the addition of Williams and addressing needs in draft I think the biggest improvement will be on offense.

They really need to evaluate their front seven regarding run defense.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2014, 07:02 PM
and Brady's body isn't worn down by booze, steroids, and cocaine
Just from sex.

With Moynahan, Giselle, and Tara Reid.

Mr. Pink
04-09-2014, 08:20 PM
The Pats will win 11+ games and the Bills will win <7 but they have a chance!

Yeah, sure. And pigs will fly and dinosaurs will roam the Earth again!

better days
04-10-2014, 03:22 AM
The Pats will win 11+ games and the Bills will win <7 but they have a chance!

Yeah, sure. And pigs will fly and dinosaurs will roam the Earth again!

If the Bills win less than 7 games, the new owner needs to fire Marrone.