• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DetDannyWilliams
    Nobody in Hawaii wears a tie.
    • Feb 2013

Bennett #1

Final Central Scouting list

Rounding out the top five in North America are: No. 2 Aaron Ekblad of the Barrie Colts; No. 3 Sam Reinhart of the Kootenay Ice; No. 4 Leon Draisaitl of the Prince Albert Raiders; and No. 5 Michael Dal Colle of the Oshawa Generals.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=712864
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Re: Bennett #1

Nikolaj Ehlers @13 is way too low.. Draisatl @ 4 is too high Id have him around 6

Comment

• coastal
      Legendary Zoner
      • Mar 2005

The most interesting question to me is... do the Isles give us the 4th or 5th overall pick this year or defer?

lets assume they pick 5th and give it to us.

lets also for fantasy sake... assume we acquire the Oilers pick in some way or shape in exchange for Tyler Myers.

id be pretty jazzed about a draft of Reinhart, Ehlers and Dal Colle.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by coastal View Post

Lately I find myself wanting the Isles to give the Sabres the pick this year. Partly because Ehlers and Dal Colle so far have had very productive playoffs offensively.. Even if 2014 is a average or below average Top 5 class the 5th pick in any draft year is a good opportunity to get a good to very good player

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
          • Jan 2003

I want Bennett.

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
            I want Bennett.
            I think he's complimentary to Girgensons... the makings of very good second line.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
              • Aug 2012

The most interesting question to me is... do the Isles give us the 4th or 5th overall pick this year or defer?

lets also for fantasy sake... assume we acquire the Oilers pick in some way or shape in exchange for Tyler Myers.

id be pretty jazzed about a draft of Reinhart, Ehlers and Dal Colle.
              it sounds like the isles are going to toll the pick to next year. the isles are in major damage control.
              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Crisis
                • Aug 2004

Yeah, what kind of message does that send to season ticket holders if you give away a top 5 pick and keep next year's pick... you're pretty much telling them you're going to be even worse next year. I think there's zero chance we get the Isles pick if its top 5, or even at all this year. I'd prefer they deferred anyways.
                Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                Vanek is Austrian not European
                Originally posted by Prov401
                Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                Originally posted by better days
                I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                  Skoobasaurus-Rex
                  • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                  Yeah, what kind of message does that send to season ticket holders if you give away a top 5 pick and keep next year's pick... you're pretty much telling them you're going to be even worse next year. I think there's zero chance we get the Isles pick if its top 5, or even at all this year. I'd prefer they deferred anyways.
                  Then we get 2 shots at McDavid !!!

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
                    Then we get 2 shots at McDavid !!!
                    well, technically 3. but lets assume st louis isnt in the lottery.

still, a boy can dream.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Crisis View Post
                      I agree if you give the Sabres the pick this you are basically saying we may get a worse pick next year so we want next year's pick. Considering they say next year their are 8-9 can't miss prospects I love the Sabres chances getting two of them. The Blues first round pick is just icing on top.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I think he's complimentary to Girgensons... the makings of very good second line.
                        Wouldn't you think a 1st overall would have 1st line potential?

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
                          • Feb 2009

Dan Marr from Central Scouting on WGR this morning.. " There is a very fine line between the Top 4 players In 2014.. Anyone one of them could be considered No.1"

Sam Bennett

"We think he will have a Jonathan Toews type of career"..He has a high end skill game and he combines that with a competitive game.. Very dynamic skater and he has deceptive quickness and a good finishing touch"

Aaron Ekblad

" He is a very smart player who plays with authority with his passing and shooting and defensive play" He really handles the puck and distribute it well in all 3 zones. He is very good at settling his team and play down at key moments in the game . With his durability and size and being able to play lots of minutes we compare Ekblad favourably to Shea Weber"

Sam Reinhart

"Hockey IQ is off the charts.. Excellent playmaker... his vision and awareness stands out.. Responsible player and wlll always be a offensive threat"

Michael Dal Colle

" His room for growth is the best with the 4 forwards.. Right now he plays at 180 pounds.. He is already a offensive power forward who plays with energy and hits and makes contact.. Once he gets stronger and puts on weight it is scary how good his potential could be once he gets stronger"

Comparing the 2014 and 2015 draft

" Going into this years draft(2014) everyone was saying it was not a deep draft and it is not when you go through 210 players.. But it has turned out t the Top 10 this year is a very strong group and the rest of the 1st round teams are going to get a chance to get a good player"

" Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel are the Top 2 frontrunners in 2015.. Very good crop of forwards and defensemen in 2015.. If your going to get 1st round pick in 2014 and 2015 you're going to win"

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR View Post
                            Wouldn't you think a 1st overall would have 1st line potential?
                            i think so too. reinhart and bennett can be first liners. who knows if they will be, but coastal is shooting a little low here.
                            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                              • Jan 2003

Reinhart sounds so much like Buffalo players of the past, smart but soft. I see nothing that states he is willing to go into the dirty areas to do what is necessary to score or win. Not saying he isn't, but that is what I have read about Bennett. THAT is the type of player Buffalo needs, high energy guy with skill and leadership qualities. Hell, he might even be a 2nd line guy, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing, as long as we know he is a second line guy. Chris Drury wasn't a bad guy at all and he was a second line guy. Same with Giergensens. I just don't want to risk one of the top picks in the draft on a guy that might be the next Jason Pomminville.

Story I heard was Rob Ray was on GR the other day and Schoop was giving him Murray's analysis of each of the top four players mentioned here (and mentioned in another thread) and when he heard what Murray said about Bennett, Ray immediately said, "they need THAT guy". Schoop tried to say something about how he wasn't finished giving him descriptions, Ray said he had heard enough, that the Sabres need a guy like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X