PDA

View Full Version : Bills to play Detroit on Thanksgiving.

Buffalogic
04-08-2014, 01:01 PM
The Bills will play the Lions on thanksgiving this year. (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/08/report-lions-to-host-bills-on-thanksgiving/)

Really cool! Lots of storylines with both original owners passing this year, Ralph's ties to Detroit, and Jim Schwartz's returning to beat his old team. Should be a good one!

trapezeus
04-08-2014, 01:05 PM
when is the last time we've beaten the lions in a thanksgiving game? i don't think i've ever witnessed it in my lifetime.

OpIv37
04-08-2014, 01:11 PM
when is the last time we've beaten the lions in a thanksgiving game? i don't think i've ever witnessed it in my lifetime.
I only remember the Bills playing on Thanksgiving once.

First play from scrimmage: they hand the ball to Barry Sanders, who flips it back to the QB, who proceeds to throw a bomb for an 80 yard touchdown on the flea-flicker.

Plus, this means fighting with my family over trying to schedule dinner around the game.

This sucks.

better days
04-08-2014, 01:20 PM

First play from scrimmage: they hand the ball to Barry Sanders, who flips it back to the QB, who proceeds to throw a bomb for an 80 yard touchdown on the flea-flicker.

Plus, this means fighting with my family over trying to schedule dinner around the game.

This sucks.

It will be the 1:00 PM game. Eat some apps during the game & have dinner at 4:00 PM.

SpikedLemonade
04-08-2014, 01:26 PM
That's great news.

Makes the game much more meaningful.

OpIv37
04-08-2014, 01:34 PM
It will be the 1:00 PM game. Eat some apps during the game & have dinner at 4:00 PM.
That means getting interrupted 50,000 times during the game to do things to help get dinner ready.

better days
04-08-2014, 01:37 PM
That means getting interrupted 50,000 times during the game to do things to help get dinner ready.

That is what the pause button is for.

GvilleBills
04-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Great news, and it makes all the sense in the world...but this still isn't official.

better days
04-08-2014, 01:47 PM
Great news, and it makes all the sense in the world...but this still isn't official.

True, but Miami is the only other team the Bills are competing with.

With all the story lines between the Bills & Detroit as well as the fact Bills/Lions would draw more numbers than Fins/Lions, it would be really stupid to have the Fins play that game instead of the Bills.

EricStratton
04-08-2014, 01:50 PM

Well I'm sure Roger Goodell is reading this and will pull this game as soon as he gets to the office Wednesday morning. He wouldn't want you to be inconvenienced.

better days
04-08-2014, 01:53 PM
Well I'm sure Roger Goodell is reading this and will pull this game as soon as he gets to the office Wednesday morning. He wouldn't want you to be inconvenienced.

But if Goodell does that, Op won't watch the Fins/Lions game, he will be too busy preparing & eating dinner.

There go the TV numbers.

paladin warrior
04-08-2014, 01:54 PM
:bf1:Yaa Finally:dance3:.. I cant wait

justasportsfan
04-08-2014, 02:05 PM

This sucks.
I'm going to enjoy every minute of this. Thats if we win though.

Night Train
04-08-2014, 02:29 PM
12:30pm game. Awesome ! Early beers. .

Wifes family doesn't arrive until 5pm for Dinner. It only takes 5 minutes to reheat taco's... :up:

SquishDaFish
04-08-2014, 03:05 PM
HELL YES!! And a Monday Night home game against GB. Awesome news... http://msn.foxsports.com/wisconsin/story/source-packers-to-play-bills-on-monday-night-in-2014-040814

mysticsoto
04-08-2014, 03:39 PM

What??? That's Dora's job. I thought you were the man of the house... ;p

better days
04-08-2014, 03:43 PM
What??? That's Dora's job. I thought you were the man of the house... ;p

Yeah, Op's job is to take out the garbage at the end of the day.

Meathead
04-08-2014, 03:58 PM
on the not so frozen bc its climately controlled tundra of fordbo field

Meathead
04-08-2014, 04:02 PM

you know you are a kickboxer

Meathead
04-08-2014, 04:05 PM
I'm going to enjoy every minute of this. Thats if we win though.

we learned from the dallas game that all those awesome minutes will instantly turn to suck if the bills end up losing

Buffalogic
04-08-2014, 05:47 PM
we learned from the dallas game that all those awesome minutes will instantly turn to suck if the bills end up losingLol no doubt

Scumbag College
04-08-2014, 06:27 PM
If the Bills are still playing meaningful football by Thanksgiving, I will be watching this game at our family dinner in a basement by myself.

If the Bills aren't playing meaningful football by Thanksgiving, I will be watching this game at our family dinner in a basement by myself.

Skooby
04-08-2014, 06:36 PM
If the Bills are still playing meaningful football by Thanksgiving, I will be watching this game at our family dinner in a basement by myself.

If the Bills aren't playing meaningful football by Thanksgiving, I will be watching this game at our family dinner in a basement by myself.

I remember my Grandma had a bumper-pool table in her basement & I got my arse kicked during the holidays so I spent my summer practicing obsessively. Then next Christmas, I got my revenge in the basement & nobody wanted to come down there anymore for their arse whipping. Yes Sir, there's nothing like a basement.

OpIv37
04-08-2014, 07:58 PM
you know you are a kickboxer

Yeah well not all Irish people beat up their parents and their wives to avoid simple chores. Racist.

YardRat
04-08-2014, 08:06 PM
Perfect timing...the family dinner is being moved to Saturday this year :D

Historian
04-09-2014, 10:41 AM
Saban's Bills beat the StL Cardinals 32-14 on Thanksgiving in 1975 I believe.

We also played a couple AFL Thanksgivings back in the 60's.

SpikedLemonade
04-09-2014, 11:11 AM
So this has not been confirmed yet...

Unfortunately, it’s not true (yet! It still could be!). From Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold in an email to For The Win:

“The NFL has not released the schedule for the upcoming season, so we don’t know the dates or times of our games for 2014. We posted a story on our website yesterday that simply pointed out that we have played the Lions on Thanksgiving Day in past years. Some media and fans apparently misinterpreted the story to mean that we have an insight into this year’s schedule. We do not have an insight and like our fans, we are anxiously awaiting the schedule announcement from the league. We apologize to any fans who may have been misled by our website story.”

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/04/buffalo-bills-thanksgiving-detroit-lions-nfl-schedule/

Dr. Lecter
04-09-2014, 11:20 AM
Yeah well not all Irish people beat up their parents and their wives to avoid simple chores. Racist.

Well duh.

Most of them are too drunk to anything of the sort.