PDA

View Full Version : Watch OT Charles Siddoway

DesertFox24
04-08-2014, 03:26 PM
I watched two of his games against LSU and Alabama and he is a decent prospect.

He got beat a few times on inside moves but did well against guys trying to beat him outside.

Decent feet and athletic, MSU actually pulled him on screens and draws to the opposite side of the line and he got there.

Sometimes takes bad blocking angles when out in front on screens and draws but gives effort and is stronger than his numbers say.

Another observation is I want nothing to do with Adrian Hubbard from Alabama I dont care if he becomes a stud he was completely invisible in the game against MSU and Siddoway was a large part of it.

DesertFox24
04-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Has anyone else watched the film and have a comment?

stuckincincy
04-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Has anyone else watched the film and have a comment?

Sorry - I didn't see a link to a film in your post.

TigerJ
04-10-2014, 01:21 PM
Just trying to guess at Buffalo's intentions from the visits so far: I think Buffalo is preparing to make a choice between offensive tackle in the first round and an offensive tackle later on. They have full intentions of drafting an offensive tackle somewhere. The question at #9 is, if not offensive tackle, then what? There is certainly no indication Buffalo is giving any thought to drafting a QB, at least not early. Trading for Mike Williams has to have pushed any notion of drafting a WR early way down. Someone like Anthony Barr might be available, but he looks like a poor fit in a 4-3 defense. He would probably play defensive end, but he's a "tweener" at that spot, and Buffalo already has those.

I think probably Eric Ebron becomes a prime consideration. I think between Ebron and one of the offensive tackles it's probably close to a coin flip in the minds of the Bills even now. Anything else becomes a shot in the dark. Ha Sean Clinton Dix? It's possible if they worry that the safeties they have on the roster are not going to repoace Byrd adequately. Or maybe Justin Gilbert? If Corey Graham is a viable candidate to play safety as Marrone has suggested, there's a little room for some more quality depth at CB. Not much else makes a whole lot of sense.

By the way, Siddoway's measurables are almost identical to Jake Matthews'. He's just not as technically polished.

DesertFox24
04-10-2014, 02:01 PM
You will not find film on Charles but if you look at Gabe Jackson film just watch the RT.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/gabe-jackson-vs-alabama-2013/

DesertFox24
04-10-2014, 03:17 PM
I am not sold on Ebron.

Especially given the traits that Doug Marrone has claimed he wants to run, which is a dominate running game.

That coupled with the speed and position WR guys we have I just do not think Ebron fits with what they want.

I think Troy Nikklas Crocket Gilmore, Austin Sefarin Jenkins are more in line with the type of TE they will be looking at.

Homegrown
04-10-2014, 04:00 PM
The kid brings his lunch pail day in, day out. He's a natural knee bender, and has quick hands. He's a mauler at the point of attack, with the feet of a dancing bear.

I always wanted to say that stuff.

TigerJ
04-10-2014, 04:15 PM
I am not sold on Ebron.

Especially given the traits that Doug Marrone has claimed he wants to run, which is a dominate running game.

That coupled with the speed and position WR guys we have I just do not think Ebron fits with what they want.

I think Troy Nikklas Crocket Gilmore, Austin Sefarin Jenkins are more in line with the type of TE they will be looking at.
We've been hearing recently that Ebron is a much better blocker than he was earlier given credit for, and he seems to have something of a chip on his shoulder about it. That can be a good thing, plus he has gained some wait while maintaining his speed. I think the biggest concern about him now, and it's not a huge one, is that he's not as sure handed as one might like.

DesertFox24
04-10-2014, 08:07 PM
We've been hearing recently that Ebron is a much better blocker than he was earlier given credit for, and he seems to have something of a chip on his shoulder about it. That can be a good thing, plus he has gained some wait while maintaining his speed. I think the biggest concern about him now, and it's not a huge one, is that he's not as sure handed as one might like.

I am not against him as a player and think his skill sets will only help.

I am just not sold he high on blos list

cookie G
04-11-2014, 04:02 PM
You will not find film on Charles but if you look at Gabe Jackson film just watch the RT.

In that game he was pretty meh.

- Far too many times, he was driven back by Dickson (#47), and Dickson gives up 40 lbs. to him.

- More often than not, the guy he's blocking disengages in less than 2 seconds. He's not much on sustaining blocks. That applies to run blocking as well as pass blocking.

-On several occasions at the second level, he failed to touch anyone.

-He's not bad at turning and sealing off and his footwork is actually pretty decent, but I didn't see him move many people.

-He might have given up 1 or 2 sacks, but that's only because Miss. St.'s offense has the QB get rid of the ball so fast. He rarely held it more than 2 seconds. If you have a QB who holds the ball more than 2 seconds..he could be in trouble.

NFL comparison - Robert Pears That's really who he reminded me of. He can get in the way of someone initially, but don't expect much more than that. Expect the pocket to collapse on a regular basis.

Can he get better? Maybe.. but right now, he doesn't play close to his strenght level.

Compare him to Matthews..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Icjr3eF-HpM

This was a 2013 game so Matthews is on the left side. He got driven back on one or two occasions, including getting beaten badly once for a sack...but other than that..his pass rusher wasn't getting very close to Manziel. He doesn't get backed up and keeps a nice clean throwing lane. There were a few times he had to sustain his block for 4-5 seconds and did so.

He's not what I'd call a road grader but he can move people at times. And he actually blocks people when sent to the second level.

When you compare those two...its a perfect example of why one guy is considered a top 10 pick and the other is considered a 7th round-FA pick. And why all 6'5" - 300 lb guys are not created equal.

Buffalo Billy Bison
04-15-2014, 07:04 PM

If you pay close attention to the video you get to see at 4 players worthy of high picks in the draft. OT Charles Saddoway, OG Gabe Jackson, DB's CJ Mosley and Ha Ha Clinton Dix!

DesertFox24
04-16-2014, 07:57 AM
I never claimed he was anywhere near the player the top 3 OTs are. He is a late round developmental project