PDA

View Full Version : ZEMGUS GIRGENSONS GETS PASS FROM COHO UNDRESSES TWO DETROIT D AND PUTS IT HOME 3-2

DetDannyWilliams
04-08-2014, 08:39 PM
another classic call by RJ

<iframe src="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=2013021180-615-h" frameborder="0" width="640" height="395"></iframe>

DetDannyWilliams
04-08-2014, 08:50 PM
#SABRESFUTUREISBRIGHT

WagonCircler
04-08-2014, 09:19 PM
I was, like an idiot, in the hallway, trying to make the train.

Dr. Lecter
04-08-2014, 09:25 PM
I was, like an idiot, in the hallway, trying to make the train.

Haha!!!!!

I was still in my seat and got a good look.

And be honest - you were in line for the :shortbus:. Don't ****ing lie to us

coastal
04-08-2014, 09:33 PM
Who was just saying he doesn't have the offense?

Dr. Lecter
04-08-2014, 09:38 PM
He did on that play.

I hope he can do it more often and consistently.

coastal
04-08-2014, 09:40 PM
He did on that play.

I hope he can do it more often and consistently.hes a kid man.

give him a few years.

He's going to be a total force.

Dr. Lecter
04-08-2014, 09:47 PM
And, I sat in a different section than usual and that play was right below me. Glad I was in a different corner

coastal
04-08-2014, 09:51 PM
And, I sat in a different section than usual and that play was right below me. Glad I was in a different corner
A small sliver of hockey perfection in a season of poop

WagonCircler
04-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Haha!!!!!

I was still in my seat and got a good look.

And be honest - you were in line for the :shortbus:. Don't ****ing lie to us

The worst part about it was that I had forgotten that I parked in from of the old Garcia's (I'm having brain flatulence) so I didn't even need the train. I usually park behind M&T, Washington and Chippewa, but I was running late tonight.

By reflex, once Detroit went up 3-1, my son and I just got up and headed for the door.

swiper
04-09-2014, 04:44 AM
hes a kid man.

give him a few years.

He's going to be a total force.

Maybe they do have a #1 center on the roster.

JATMtheJATM
04-09-2014, 06:14 AM
Who was just saying he doesn't have the offense?

a poor mans rod brind amour. tireless worker, great defensively, strong body, and chips in offensively too. not sure he will ever touch 30 goals in a season, but a 20 goal scorer with about 30 assists? id take that.

coastal
04-09-2014, 07:09 AM
a poor mans rod brind amour. tireless worker, great defensively, strong body, and chips in offensively too. not sure he will ever touch 30 goals in a season, but a 20 goal scorer with about 30 assists? id take that.his career is just getting going. Put some talent on his line and 30 goals is realistic.

JATMtheJATM
04-09-2014, 09:38 AM
his career is just getting going. Put some talent on his line and 30 goals is realistic.

well, of course his career is just getting going. id like to see his numbers improve next year. im sure they will. expecting 12 goals next year (a 50% jump) is realistic.

even if this is what he was, a 10 goal scorer, he is perfect for the third line, as is now. but at 19, kids got lots of untapped potential.

Meathead
04-09-2014, 11:12 AM
wow. looked like a young mario right there

YankeeInRaleigh
04-09-2014, 11:40 AM
a poor mans rod brind amour.

Man, I like you....but I really want to smack you right now. :)

coastal
04-09-2014, 12:42 PM
well, of course his career is just getting going. id like to see his numbers improve next year. im sure they will. expecting 12 goals next year (a 50% jump) is realistic.

even if this is what he was, a 10 goal scorer, he is perfect for the third line, as is now. but at 19, kids got lots of untapped potential.
Agreed... ideally he's a monster second line center in the future.

If we somehow end up with Sam Bennett, I very much would like to see the two of them on a line together.

Not sure who run on the other wing, but with those two... that's not a line that's going to get out worked.

trapezeus
04-09-2014, 12:50 PM
in a boring season, play wise, he's been really fun to watch. he tries every game. he is in every game. look at the other guy we took in that draft (ahead of him) and we have no idea what we have.

Even if this is it for Girgs, the kid is contributing. Something we don't even know Grigorenko will ever "get it".

as for the move... awesome.

JATMtheJATM
04-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Man, I like you....but I really want to smack you right now. :)

im as pissed as the next guy about 2006, but brind amour was a headsy, gutsy, solid leader and player. if grigs comes out to be like him, perfect.

WagonCircler
04-10-2014, 09:11 AM
im as pissed as the next guy about 2006, but brind amour was a headsy, gutsy, solid leader and player. if grigs comes out to be like him, perfect.

I agree on Brind Amor, but I don't think you can understand the kind of pissed off that comes from living in Raleigh and having to watch those jackwads have a Stanley Cup parade. It was a special kind of hell.

Rockstar
04-10-2014, 09:37 AM
his career is just getting going. Put some talent on his line and 30 goals is realistic.

Coastal slow down, I'm excited about the kid also but lets not put super lofty goals in his future and then have people calling the whiner line saying he sucks because he only ONLY ends up a 20 goal scorer (not a bad thing) who is responsible in his own end, physical, leader, can fight and crowd favorite.

YankeeInRaleigh
04-10-2014, 09:56 AM
I agree on Brind Amor, but I don't think you can understand the kind of pissed off that comes from living in Raleigh and having to watch those jackwads have a Stanley Cup parade. It was a special kind of hell.

Yes. yes it was.

JATMtheJATM
04-10-2014, 06:03 PM

game 7, third period was a special kind of hell. that was hell.

Meathead
04-10-2014, 06:08 PM
grigs seems like maybe hes max 2.0

JATMtheJATM
04-10-2014, 06:19 PM
grigs seems like maybe hes max 2.0

no no. max was a speedy, offensive player. actually, all he had was speed. girgs is all around.

OpIv37
04-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Coastal slow down, I'm excited about the kid also but lets not put super lofty goals in his future and then have people calling the whiner line saying he sucks because he only ONLY ends up a 20 goal scorer (not a bad thing) who is responsible in his own end, physical, leader, can fight and crowd favorite.

You know people will complain. Too many people don't realize what they're watching and will judge him based solely on the stat line.

WagonCircler
04-10-2014, 09:10 PM
game 7, third period was a special kind of hell. that was hell.

I was there, thankfully surrounded by fellow transplanted Sabres fans. Otherwise I might have killed someone.