PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign P Jake Dombrowski

The Jokeman
04-09-2014, 12:31 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Bills-sign-punter-Jake-Dombrowski.html

I can't find a scouting report on him. At the very least he'll be a camp leg.

TedMock
04-09-2014, 12:39 PM
He's the kid who hit the scoreboard in Dallas last year at the regional combine. He hit it three times. Strong leg, but I have no idea how good he is otherwise. I don't see a lot of Harvard football.

stuckincincy
04-09-2014, 12:44 PM
He's the kid who hit the scoreboard in Dallas last year at the regional combine. He hit it three times. Strong leg, but I have no idea how good he is otherwise. I don't see a lot of Harvard football.

Always nice to see them take a look-see. Walk-ons happen.

The Jokeman
04-09-2014, 12:44 PM

Not to mention doubt you watch football to scout punters but a few things I did find after digging:

Jacob Dombrowski (Harvard) - Dombrowski is someone that stood out the last couple of years at the National Elite Camp. We had multiple 5.2-5.4 hang-times on his punts. The ball accelerates off his foot very well. He has great leg speed and has refined his punting to the point where he was a weapon this year at Harvard. He played in some harsh conditions and open ended stadiums and still averaged 44.0 yards a punt on 42 punts. His long punt was 74 yards, and he was a weapon in pinning teams deep in their territory. Dombrowski is someone that can compete with anyone in the 2013 draft class.
http://kohlskicking.com/nfl-profile/jacob-dombrowski

At Harvard
2011: All-Ivy League Honorable Mention ... Lead the league with nine punts of 50 yards or more. In all, he ranked second at 40.2 yards per kick, pinning 13 inside the opposing 20 and forcing 21 fair catches ... Punted six times for an average of 44.2 yards with three fair catches and a long of 54 at Lafayette ... Averaged 46.0 yards per punt with a 58-yarder at COrnell on six punts ... Averaged 43.7 yards per punt with a 53 yarder against Yale.

2010: Placed two punts inside the 20-yard line with a long kick of 50 yards during a win at Lafayette ... Named the Ivy League Special Teams Player of the Week on Oct. 11 ... He punted seven times in the game and pinned his first two punts inside Cornell’s 5-yard line, enabling the Crimson to limit Cornell to just 80 yards in the first half. In all, he averaged 39.1 yards per punt with a long of 58 on the day ... Averaged 35.7 yards per punt against Yale but pinned two inside the 20-yard line ... Major H award winner.
http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/fball/2011-12/bios/dombrowski_jacob

Buckets
04-09-2014, 01:50 PM
And he's Polish, can't ask for more!

stuckincincy
04-09-2014, 01:55 PM

:cheers:

jamze132
04-09-2014, 03:35 PM
So the rest of the league didnt think much of him...

gebobs
04-09-2014, 05:39 PM
A pollack at Harvard? Cripes, do they take just anyone now?

SpikedLemonade
04-09-2014, 06:19 PM

That should keep the team's average IQ low.

Fixxxer
04-09-2014, 06:33 PM
I love Moorman but he shouldn't be the starter next year. They should bring at least another leg to compete.

WagonCircler
04-09-2014, 07:03 PM
I can see it now. Fans waiving pussy willows every time a punt is downed inside the ten yard line.

gebobs
04-09-2014, 07:30 PM
That should keep the team's average IQ low.

Does that include the front office?

Mace
04-09-2014, 09:11 PM
I can see it now. Fans waiving pussy willows every time a punt is downed inside the ten yard line.

Being Polish I was thinking more throwing uncooked pierogi's on the field, except no point in wasting a good pierogi really imho. Pussy Willows need to be saved for when we have a someone Polish who scores actual points, and they'll be extinct by then anyway. I always find it curious there are no great Polish RB's or QB's since we naturally run into things and throw them well. I never liked that duck's blood soup stuff. Maybe we can throw that on the field.

YardRat
04-09-2014, 09:22 PM
Ron Jaworski may not have been great, but he was pretty good. Don Majkowski was OK. Steve Bartkowski. Dan Marino actually is Polish...didn't know that. Romo is too.

Pete Banaszak.

Mike Ditka, one of the best TE's of all time. Bronco Nagurski.

HAMMER
04-10-2014, 12:12 AM
This guy could be the messiah in Cheektowaga.

WagonCircler
04-10-2014, 12:54 AM
I never liked that duck's blood soup stuff. Maybe we can throw that on the field.

Or maybe it could be Dog's Blood Soup and you can throw it at the Jets' QB.

GingerP
04-10-2014, 07:14 AM
Ron Jaworski may not have been great, but he was pretty good. Don Majkowski was OK. Steve Bartkowski. Dan Marino actually is Polish...didn't know that. Romo is too.

Pete Banaszak.

Mike Ditka, one of the best TE's of all time. Bronco Nagurski.

Some good Polish kickers. Sebastian Janikowski and Stephen Gostkowski currently.

GvilleBills
04-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Nice camp leg who could surprise. Gotta like 5sec + hang times.

stuckincincy
04-10-2014, 02:52 PM
A curiosity - why the dearth of black punters/kickers? The only one I recall is Reggie Roby. :huh: