PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Spikes is a HOMER

better days
04-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Spikes predicts the Bills will beat the Pats* twice this season.

HOMER! And I LOVE it!

SquishDaFish
04-09-2014, 02:46 PM
They were talking on local radio here in MA about his tweets. Love it

stuckincincy
04-09-2014, 02:50 PM

HOMER! And I LOVE it!

I asked, but you never told my why NE lifted their leg on re-signing this best run defending lb in the league.

SquishDaFish
04-09-2014, 02:57 PM
I asked, but you never told my why NE lifted their leg on re-signing this best run defending lb in the league.

Its basically because in their system the ILB has to cover and thats his weakness. And rumors are him and Bill didnt get along

justasportsfan
04-09-2014, 02:58 PM
Yikes. We signed Whitner.

Bill Cody
"4 years a slave"? really Brandon??

I sometimes wonder how much longer I can stand being a fan of professional sports. The level of disconnection between many pro athletes and real life is so huge it just boggles the mind. You've got a huge part of the country still hurting from the 2008 crash of the economy, many still out of work and here's a guy getting paid milions to play a kid's game for 6 months and he's been a slave for 4 years?

My advice to Spikes would be to get in top condition, follow all team rules and STFU. If he did that, NE might have offered him a contract.

malvado78

HOMER! And I LOVE it!

I hear that if he is a homer he is probably also female and a religious fanatic.

better days
04-09-2014, 02:59 PM

I told you why.

Spikes got in Belicheat's dog house by staying in Fla to work out in the off season against Belicheat's rules.

It was reported he was also late to meetings. Spikes did not show Bill the respect Bill demands.

better days
04-09-2014, 03:01 PM
"4 years a slave"? really Brandon??

I sometimes wonder how much longer I can stand being a fan of professional sports. The level of disconnection between many pro athletes and real life is so huge it just boggles the mind. You've got a huge part of the country still hurting from the 2008 crash of the economy, many still out of work and here's a guy getting paid milions to play a kid's game for 6 months and he's been a slave for 4 years?

My advice to Spikes would be to get in top condition, follow all team rules and STFU. If he did that, NE might have offered him a contract.

Well, I want him to keep on keeping on.

I am HAPPY NE chose not to keep him.

sudzy
04-09-2014, 03:07 PM
This is the guy that tweeted Buffalo is the plumberbutt of America Sept 29 2012

stuckincincy
04-09-2014, 03:13 PM
I told you why.

Spikes got in Belicheat's dog house by staying in Fla to work out in the off season against Belicheat's rules.

It was reported he was also late to meetings. Spikes did not show Bill the respect Bill demands.

So - if you did - which I doubt - you now say that Spikes shows respect?

Do you think this reject has undergone an epiphany and now is a respectful citizen, no longer sneering and eschews the dollar bills sparkling in his self-centered eyeballs and mug?

OpIv37
04-09-2014, 03:41 PM

HOMER! And I LOVE it!

First of all, **** him for giving the Pats motivation.

Second, what's he going to say? "Nah, we suck. I should have stayed with NE so we could win division games"? Even if he thinks like that, he'll never say it to the media.

Players, coaches and GM's are not free to share their true feelings to the media. I do not know why you can't grasp this simple concept.

OpIv37
04-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Yikes. We signed Whitner.
Woohoo! The return of the patented "day late and a dollar short" flying back tackle!

better days
04-09-2014, 03:44 PM
So - if you did - which I doubt - you now say that Spikes shows respect?

Do you think this reject has undergone an epiphany and now is a respectful citizen, no longer sneering and eschews the dollar bills sparkling in his self-centered eyeballs and mug?

I said Spikes did not show Bill Belicheat respect.

I hope he never does.

And if you doubt I responded before, go through my posts.

I GUARANTEE you will find it.

OpIv37
04-09-2014, 03:46 PM
I said Spikes did not show Bill Belicheat respect.

I hope he never does.
Bellicheck has 3 Super Bowl rings and has coached NE to be arguably the best team of the last 15 years, definitely the best team from 2000-2010.

And Spikes didn't show him respect.

What makes you think he's going to respect a .500 career college coach with a one-yea record of 6-10 in the NFL? Or Schwartz who has failed at a couple of HC gigs already?

better days
04-09-2014, 03:50 PM

Yeah, while a member of the Pats*.

His cousin, Takeo told him how great Bills fans are & how much he will enjoy playing in Buffalo.

Now his tweets are about Ma$$holes.

better days
04-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Bellicheck has 3 Super Bowl rings and has coached NE to be arguably the best team of the last 15 years, definitely the best team from 2000-2010.

What makes you think he's going to respect a .500 career college coach with a one-yea record of 6-10 in the NFL? Or Schwartz who has failed at a couple of HC gigs already?

He respected his college Coach.

And Belicheat Won NOTHING without CHEATING.

Captain Obvious
04-09-2014, 04:03 PM
Or Schwartz who has failed at a couple of HC gigs already?
Schwartz has only been a HC in the NFL for one team

jills
04-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Funny, I remember another homer making playoffs guarantee back in 2008...

“Yeah, I think this is a playoff team, and everybody else around here has said it and I believe that,” said Whitner. “We just have to put the pieces together and continue to work hard together, continue to compete and most importantly, stay healthy and I believe we can make that run.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/07/29/whitner-on-teams-playoff-chances/

How did that turn out? Just wondering...

Downinfloflo
04-09-2014, 04:40 PM

The Bills better start "cheating" then, because this 15 years of suck is down right pitiful.

better days
04-09-2014, 05:13 PM
The Bills better start "cheating" then, because this 15 years of suck is down right pitiful.

Maybe Pepper can give us the secret sauce.

DynaPaul
04-09-2014, 05:15 PM
4 years a slave? Shoot, sign me up for that plantation because I'll gladly take that kind of money...

better days
04-09-2014, 05:16 PM

Second, what's he going to say? "Nah, we suck. I should have stayed with NE so we could win division games"? Even if he thinks like that, he'll never say it to the media.

Players, coaches and GM's are not free to share their true feelings to the media. I do not know why you can't grasp this simple concept.

SERIOUSLY? You think Spikes opening his mouth is going to add to the Pats* motivation to beat the Bills?

His mouth is one of the reasons he is no longer a Pat*. As if Belicheat didn't enjoy beating the Bills before, just the fact they signed Spikes was more than enough motivation for Billy boy.

sudzy
04-09-2014, 05:18 PM
I'm not much of a Spikes fan yet. What ever happened to the players that did their taking on the field?

Meathead
04-09-2014, 05:28 PM
belicheat is a career .500 head coach with any other qbs not named marcia

better days
04-09-2014, 06:07 PM
I'm not much of a Spikes fan yet. What ever happened to the players that did their taking on the field?

They retired a long time ago.

Meathead
04-09-2014, 06:26 PM
and you gotta admit that four years a slave line is terrific

OpIv37
04-09-2014, 10:46 PM
SERIOUSLY? You think Spikes opening his mouth is going to add to the Pats* motivation to beat the Bills?

His mouth is one of the reasons he is no longer a Pat*. As if Belicheat didn't enjoy beating the Bills before, just the fact they signed Spikes was more than enough motivation for Billy boy.
No, I don't thin Bellicheck likes beating the Bills. I think he has so much disdain for us that if they beat us 56-10, he's pissed about not beating us 72-0. And if we keep it close he's pissed that it wasn't 56-10. He's just that type of *******.

OpIv37
04-09-2014, 11:16 PM

So.... Spikes is the only player in the last 15 years bothered by that? Yeah, ok...

feldspar
04-10-2014, 01:24 AM

So you are just entirely incapable of enjoying statements of bravado without doing anything other than raining on the parade? Instead, you gotta find fault with it and set others straight? Straight down into your quagmire, that is...

Half of this sport is about confidence and attitude.

So now you know all about this too, huh? You know all about the dynamics between Spikes' and Belichick's relationship.

IF he didn't respect Belichick, perhaps that was a result of Belichick's not respecting HIM. Those that WANT respect GIVE respect. Just because some ******* is successful doesn't mean he automatically garners respect from everybody, not if he treats you poorly.

better days
04-10-2014, 03:15 AM
So.... Spikes is the only player in the last 15 years bothered by that? Yeah, ok...

I didn't say Spikes was bothered by the CHEATING.

I was pointing out to YOU the Pats* have not won anything without Cheating.

I think Spikes was bothered by the fact Belicheck tries to control his players lives off the field, telling them exactly what they can & can't do even though the NFL does not permit that.

YardRat
04-10-2014, 06:00 AM

Well then, he has displayed a penchant for being correct...hopefully he is right this time also.

Bunion
04-10-2014, 06:16 AM
Woohoo! The return of the patented "day late and a dollar short" flying back tackle!

I didn't know the Pats picked up Whitner. Thought it was bull**** so I started typing 'New England Whitner' into google. The #1 autofill was 'New England White Players'.

feldspar
04-10-2014, 07:13 AM

He did NOT tweet that, actually.

Somebody else tweeted it, and Spikes thought it was funny. That's all.

OpIv37
04-10-2014, 10:38 AM
So you are just entirely incapable of enjoying statements of bravado without doing anything other than raining on the parade? Instead, you gotta find fault with it and set others straight? Straight down into your quagmire, that is...

Half of this sport is about confidence and attitude.

So now you know all about this too, huh? You know all about the dynamics between Spikes' and Belichick's relationship.

IF he didn't respect Belichick, perhaps that was a result of Belichick's not respecting HIM. Those that WANT respect GIVE respect. Just because some ******* is successful doesn't mean he automatically garners respect from everybody, not if he treats you poorly.

First, it's possible to have confidence and attitude without making cocky public statements that fire up the other team.

Second, no, I don't know the nature of their relationship- I was just responding to what better days said about Spikes not respecting Bellicheck. And your "those who want respect give respect" statement is a chicken-or-the-egg problem because you don't know who disrespected whom first.

chris66
04-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Pats come out in a 3 wide single back set. Spikes won't even be on the field

better days
04-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Pats come out in a 3 wide single back set. Spikes won't even be on the field

If it is first or 2nd down, yes Spikes will be on the field.

Dirtywater
04-10-2014, 01:55 PM
Spikes is pretty good. Got off to a slow start in NE for whatever reason. I'm sure he'll play well for you guys. Can't say he's impact as he never made a huge impact for us, but maybe in your system he will flourish.

I enjoyed his play in NE, I'm sure you'll like him in Buffalo. The only thing I can say for sure about him is that he never was a beast for stretches. He'd have an awesome game here or there, but never strung anything together of note. I'm sure though there were other factors contributing to that and might just do that for you.

Not sure about his 'slave' tweet, but the rest is harmless, fun stuff. It's not like he's a pitcher in baseball who can literally make or break the game himself. A lot more than his personal intensity will have to happen for two wins, but it's certainly possible.

I guess the strangest part to me is even discussing him. Seems odd to devote so much time to a guy who plays a couple of downs, but he's clearly not over whatever happened behind the scenes in NE and I figure this isn't the last we will hear from him. He is surely loving the "I can say anything I want in Buffalo" edict over the tight lipped NE approach. Not saying is better than the other, but it's clear which one he prefers. ;)