PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Blondie
04-19-2014, 06:11 PM
So you're capable of threatening to rape somebody then?

So what your handle on the range.

SpikedLemonade
04-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Whatever.

You, as always, bore me.

A tough guy like you surely can find someone closer to home to transfer your anger upon.

I will spend time with loved ones for the rest of this evening and simply pity what your life has become.

Blondie
04-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Just keep typing random **** and avoid the questions relating to your lies.

You're fooling everyone.

And by that I mean, your husband and Lecter.

Bravo.

What, no happy endings to give on Saturdays?

Keep it coming ****wagon...

Make this fun.

:D

WagonCircler
04-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Keep it coming ****wagon...

Make this fun.

:D

It gets more fun the more names you call me. I envision you smashing plates against the wall and screaming at coastal "Make him stop!!!!!"

Insert threat accusation,

3 2 1....

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2014, 06:17 PM
They are not the ones *****ing and talking about how caustic you are, WC.

I don't care how much the three of you bicker. But when you make a big deal out of how he acts and you act as bad or worse, it looks kinda funny

WagonCircler
04-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Whatever.

You, as always, bore me.

A tough guy like you surely can find someone closer to home to transfer your anger upon.

I will spend time with loved ones for the rest of this evening and simply pity what your life has become.

Please give your loved ones (the trout) my kindest regards.

Blondie
04-19-2014, 06:19 PM
It gets more fun the more names you call me. I envision you smashing plates against the wall and screaming at coastal "Make him stop!!!!!"

Insert threat accusation,

3 2 1....

You have an interesting mind ... that is for sure.

Are you whining about me calling you a name??

:popcorn:

WagonCircler
04-19-2014, 06:21 PM
They are not the ones *****ing and talking about how caustic you are, WC.

I don't care how much the three of you bicker. But when you make a big deal out of how he acts and you act as bad or worse, it looks kinda funny

I'm just speaking their language. Rat. The Florida Rat dialect is tricky. I can see how you'd not quite grasp what you're reading. Because you're obviously not getting it.

WagonCircler
04-19-2014, 06:23 PM
You have an interesting mind ... that is for sure.

Are you whining about me calling you a name??

:popcorn:

Whining? Of course not. I just told you, I enjoy it.

Is there an extra charge for that?

Blondie
04-19-2014, 06:24 PM
:bf1:

WagonCircler
04-19-2014, 06:27 PM
:bf1:

Interesting. The two handed technique.

Have a good night, Tugger.

SpikedLemonade
04-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Please give your loved ones (the trout) my kindest regards.

I will but should I do so to all of your intellectual superiors here -- the ducks, swans, dogs and worms?

I know you need the last word so this will be my last post tonight.

Consider it my Easter gift to you.

swiper
04-19-2014, 06:37 PM
I'm just connecting the dots, Spikey. What kind of masseuse wears a bikini on their home page?

You and your friends have a lot of enemies out there, Elvis.

I hear things.

Do you really not see the hypocrisy in your post, little guy?

By the way, don't be afraid. i'm not in Mount Albert or Tampa. Just North Buffalo. Put down the Xanax.

Are you suggesting he's criticizing you for talking about happy endings when he's likely had numerous such encounters over his adult lifetime?

Just trying to follow.

YardRat
04-19-2014, 06:40 PM
You know what's worse than a rat? A rat who's not telling the truth.

You're the worst kind of rat. You're the Crystal Mangum kind.

HEY! THAT'S ENOUGH OF THAT ****!

BertSquirtgum
04-19-2014, 07:29 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/30m8ryf.jpg

upstart
04-19-2014, 09:15 PM
This thread has been very amusing.

It started as The: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Then out of the blue, Blondie attacked Rockstar and Wagon for no particular reason that I have been able to figure out.

All of a sudden the word RAPE became the main issue to the friends of Coastie. Yet, no rape threat was ever stated that I saw, in fact no one in this thread has admitted to seeing it.

I think it's time for Coastie and Blondie to apologies to the forum, for being drama queens . Let it end at that .

Blondie
04-19-2014, 09:46 PM
Yawn.

Uppy you are so boring.

Do us all a favor and pull your tube socks up a little more and cover your face.

clumping platelets
04-19-2014, 09:57 PM
20 pages behind :shutup:

JATMtheJATM
04-19-2014, 11:00 PM
Oh uppy, there was a rape threat. You are just too stupid to comprehend what was said since it wasnt written in crayon.

feldspar
04-19-2014, 11:33 PM
The day I am afraid of a knuckle dragger like you, I will be my own worse enemy.

However, whenever you have the courage to cross the border, you are welcome to visit me since you have already done the research.

I can't imagine anyone will miss you when you don't return.

Help!

****-talk and a clear death threat!

Help!

DEATH THREAT ALERT. CALL THE AUTHORITIES!

pmoon6
04-20-2014, 06:18 AM
Says the man who dunks when the wife takes a swing :D...and you don't duck when Coastal takes a swing?

BTW, I laugh when she connects with a punch....the plates are another story.

pmoon6
04-20-2014, 06:30 AM
Help!

****-talk and a clear death threat!

Help!

DEATH THREAT ALERT. CALL THE AUTHORITIES!Spike couldn't kill a chicken in his backyard if he was starving. He has his wife do it.

Word has it that he even has a animal psychiatrist on the staff of his fish farm. The trout need counseling after those mean humans use those violent hooks to catch them.

swiper
04-20-2014, 06:54 AM
Happy Easter everyone. How do you feel about calling a truce for today?

Peace to you and your families!

Go Bills!

coastal
04-20-2014, 08:29 AM

Go Bills!

upstart
04-20-2014, 08:56 AM
Yawn.

Uppy you are so boring.

Do us all a favor and pull your tube socks up a little more and cover your face.

I admit I'm boring. I don't have the flair for drama like some others do. What's the secret to the art of drama, do you need to live in fear all the time ? Or just the imagination of a five year old ?

I'll say a prayer for you today.

He has risen !

Blondie
04-20-2014, 09:51 AM
I admit I'm boring. I don't have the flair for drama like some others do. What's the secret to the art of drama, do you need to live in fear all the time ? Or just the imagination of a five year old ?

I'll say a prayer for you today.

He has risen !

You don't have the flair for drama...

Bwahahahaha

You know statements like that make you sound like a old dude!

Who has risen??

The Popcorn
04-20-2014, 09:54 AM
The Easter Bunny

Blondie
04-20-2014, 10:17 AM

Go Bills!

Only the guilty ask for a truce... happy sin cleansing day.

swiper
04-20-2014, 10:28 AM
Well I wasn't fighting with anyone, per se. Nice to see uppy and pmoon acted with decency to my post. Only coastal and his wife responded as, well, expected.

coastal
04-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Well I wasn't fighting with anyone, per se. Nice to see uppy and pmoon acted with decency to my post. Only coastal and his wife responded as, well, expected.

pmoon6
04-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Easter Dinner: Elk Wellington with grilled asparagus. Cuttin' those carbs so I can fit into my bikini this summer.

Blondie
04-20-2014, 11:18 AM

Outside of the occasional snide comment from you, you have not identified who you are out here for the past couple of years. Now that your identity is out and your great protector ****wagon is here its back to the same old Mik. At least we know you can't deny being a coward. :D

Blondie
04-20-2014, 11:42 AM
Easter Dinner: Elk Wellington with grilled asparagus. Cuttin' those carbs so I can fit into my bikini this summer.

Ohhhhh sexy!!

pmoon6
04-20-2014, 11:45 AM
Yeah Darlin'. At my age you need one for the "man boobs". That old guy trait proves God has a sense of humor.

swiper
04-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Outside of the occasional snide comment from you, you have not identified who you are out here for the past couple of years. Now that your identity is out and your great protector ****wagon is here its back to the same old Mik. At least we know you can't deny being a coward. :D

You don't follow too well. I have been here just fine since before you were. And I've not been "outed." Everyone knows here who matters knows who I was over there.

And wagoncircler threatened to find me and kick my ass at least three times on the Range. I laughed of course. However, to his credit, he is not only here holding you two at bay, but he seems to be a level-headed poster in all the forums I've seen here. I don't know him. But he seems to understand his football. He likes his hockey from the oranges. And he gets you two. I don't need to get involved. So the mods can deal with you and your husband taking to calling me a coward for nothing that I've done. I'll keep my opinions to myself. At least for today.

I'm in the same position here that upstart claims to be. I just check in for a few laughs.

Mike13
04-20-2014, 12:46 PM

Venison is damn tasty(is Elk technically venison though?)

And after looking it up Elk Wellington sounds delicious.

pmoon6
04-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Venison is damn tasty(is Elk technically venison though?)

And after looking it up Elk Wellington sounds delicious.Most big game is venison. Caribou, all deer varieties, pronghorn, moose, elk. Their meat is all similar, lean and red. Bear might not be, I'm not sure, because it's kind of fatty.

pmoon6
04-20-2014, 02:36 PM
Elk is too gamey. Lived in Boise, ID for a few months so I had my fair share of it and I'm not a fan:rofl:

The Popcorn
04-20-2014, 05:40 PM
Elk is too gamey. Lived in Boise, ID for a few months so I had my fair share of it and I'm not a fan

It is not for all people. I'm not a fan of the McDonalds kids meal either so....

pmoon6
04-20-2014, 07:25 PM
It is not for all people. I'm not a fan of the McDonalds kids meal either so....Depends on if it's commercially raised or wild. Taste depends mostly on what the animal eats. If it's wild, a lot depends on how it's handled. If you cut the stomach, intestine or bladder and the fluids go all over, the meat will be tainted and taste "gamey". It also won't taste good if it is not skinned and cooled ASAP. Elk are somewhat different than deer, they have a big voicebox and it's why they are able to bugle so loudly. You have to cut it out first or you chance having the bacteria infect the muscle. You also have to trim as much fat as possible. Excess game fat tastes like ****, unlike beef or pork fat. I butcher the game myself, so I know exactly how it was taken care of. When I make sausage or just grind burger, I use beef suet or salt pork to give it a little more flavor and moisture since you don't want to use the animals natural fat. Also, if you are cooking steaks, don't go over medium because it's so lean with little marble it will be tough. I don't ever go over medium rare.

The Popcorn
04-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Depends on if it's commercially raised or wild. Taste depends mostly on what the animal eats. If it's wild, a lot depends on how it's handled. If you cut the stomach, intestine or bladder and the fluids go all over, the meat will be tainted and taste "gamey". It also won't taste good if it is not skinned and cooled ASAP. Elk are somewhat different than deer, they have a big voicebox and it's why they are able to bugle so loudly. You have to cut it out first or you chance having the bacteria infect the muscle. You also have to trim as much fat as possible. Excess game fat tastes like ****, unlike beef or pork fat. I butcher the game myself, so I know exactly how it was taken care of. When I make sausage or just grind burger, I use beef suet or salt pork to give it a little more flavor and moisture since you don't want to use the animals natural fat. Also, if you are cooking steaks, don't go over medium because it's so lean with little marble it will be tough. I don't ever go over medium rare.

It's been several years since i've eaten elk and I loved it. Then again, my buddies old lady was a dynamite cook so she knew how to prepare it.

BertSquirtgum
04-20-2014, 07:57 PM
Elk is too gamey. Lived in Boise, ID for a few months so I had my fair share of it and I'm not a fan

How did your dad get you out of the basement to go hunting with him?

pmoon6
04-21-2014, 10:33 AM
How did your dad get you out of the basement to go hunting with him?Hand held video games?

swiper
04-21-2014, 12:15 PM
HAPPY DYNGUS DAY!

pmoon6
04-21-2014, 01:11 PM
HAPPY DYNGUS DAY!HaHa. Now I will have a senior moment and go back in time to St. Stans' on da East side of Buffalo.

Off Broadway dare and where dat fresh Kielbasa?

WagonCircler
04-21-2014, 02:22 PM
HaHa. Now I will have a senior moment and go back in time to St. Stans' on da East side of Buffalo.

Off Broadway dare and where dat fresh Kielbasa?

T'row me down da stairs....my shoes!

feldspar
04-21-2014, 02:29 PM
You can tell what Anderson Cooper thinks of Dyngus Day about 1:40 in.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6hRG2WHFFm8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bleve
04-21-2014, 08:03 PM
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WyZ3nbtz2Ng" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Dyngus Day!

cookie G
04-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Depends on if it's commercially raised or wild. Taste depends mostly on what the animal eats.
If it's wild, a lot depends on how it's handled. If you cut the stomach, intestine or bladder and the fluids go all over, the meat will be tainted and taste "gamey". It also won't taste good if it is not skinned and cooled ASAP. Elk are somewhat different than deer, they have a big voicebox and it's why they are able to bugle so loudly. You have to cut it out first or you chance having the bacteria infect the muscle. You also have to trim as much fat as possible. Excess game fat tastes like ****, unlike beef or pork fat. I butcher the game myself, so I know exactly how it was taken care of. When I make sausage or just grind burger, I use beef suet or salt pork to give it a little more flavor and moisture since you don't want to use the animals natural fat. Also, if you are cooking steaks, don't go over medium because it's so lean with little marble it will be tough. I don't ever go over medium rare.

Soak overnight in milk, preferably buttermilk, to take the "gameyness" out of it. Both work very well.

But...when I was researching how to prepare venison, I agree with what one person said. It isn't beef..if you want beef, buy beef. If it is something prepared in a slow cooker and it was soaked overnight, the difference is negligible.

Cooking a venison steak on the grill, to me, is like cooking round steak on the grill.. not enough there to keep it from drying out.

We have friends whose children won't eat hamburger, because they have basically been raised on ground venison as a substitute. They say hamburgers taste greasy.

BertSquirtgum
04-22-2014, 12:12 AM
Another betamale post from the forum's resident cuck

MDP

Skooby
04-22-2014, 07:07 AM
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/WyZ3nbtz2Ng" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Dyngus Day!

The greatest !! There once was a woman from Decatur....

billsburgh
04-22-2014, 07:11 AM
You can't post the lyric if you don't even know what the damn acronym stands for…

Gin and Juice was the quintessential cruisin song back in the day…hell still is a damn good cruisin song.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jidziKYG9jk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Uncle Jesse
04-22-2014, 07:47 AM
The greatest !! There once was a woman from Decatur....

I know a girl, her name is Donna, hey laddy laaaaaa......

feldspar
04-22-2014, 09:52 AM
I know a girl, her name is Donna, hey laddy laaaaaa......

Of her I'm kinda fond-a?

Hey laddy, laddy low

Valerie
04-22-2014, 11:58 AM
You know what's worse than a rat? A rat who's not telling the truth.

Actually rats are extremely intelligent little creatures. And they can be trained like a dog! They make great pets if you can get past their tail. I'd like to get one but I'm not allowed to add anymore animals to my already growing brood. :( But when my ban passes, I'm getting a rat and a hedgehog!

Valerie
04-22-2014, 12:11 PM
You don't have the flair for drama...

Bwahahahaha

You know statements like that make you sound like a old dude!

Who has risen??
Don't you go to church?!?!?!?! JESUS HAS RISEN! That's what happens on Easter. It's not all about candy and bunnies, it's an actual religious holiday, probably the most religious holiday in the Christian calendar. And, just so you know, Jesus is risen after he is put to a very violent death on a cross on Friday (Good Friday to those of us who actually celebrate and believe).

Skooby
04-22-2014, 12:21 PM
I have 3 bunnies here, one's a lionhead & he plays with his mane all the time.

pmoon6
04-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Rabbit makes a good cacciatore.

feldspar
04-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Actually rats are extremely intelligent little creatures.

We've seen a little bit of that around here.

swiper
04-22-2014, 05:06 PM
We've seen a little bit of that around here.

You thinking you're posting at the Range?

WagonCircler
04-22-2014, 05:09 PM
You thinking you're posting at the Range?

I can't speak for Feldspar, but I think by "around here" he meant Earth.

swiper
04-22-2014, 05:11 PM
It was a Lit reference.

coastal
04-22-2014, 06:38 PM
It's big fun watching u idiots try to get in sync.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120809221911/uncyclopedia/images/1/18/Dancing_Chimps.gif

feldspar
04-23-2014, 05:14 AM
I can't speak for Feldspar, but I think by "around here" he meant Earth.

Yeah, some rats are smart enough to use computers. I saw one use a credit card the other day...may have been buying cheese, I suppose.

Blondie
04-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Don't you go to church?!?!?!?! JESUS HAS RISEN! That's what happens on Easter. It's not all about candy and bunnies, it's an actual religious holiday, probably the most religious holiday in the Christian calendar. And, just so you know, Jesus is risen after he is put to a very violent death on a cross on Friday (Good Friday to those of us who actually celebrate and believe).

I don't celebrate Easter.

Lucidvizion
04-23-2014, 01:35 PM

The first recorded zombie story.

JATMtheJATM
04-23-2014, 02:10 PM
I don't celebrate Easter.

i do, but only for friends and family and food and candy. not for religious reasons. same with christmas. only religious holiday i celebrate for its orgins is baseballs opening day.

coastal
04-23-2014, 02:52 PM
http://youtu.be/726MqTTR-QA

Valerie
04-23-2014, 03:10 PM
How sad for some of you. I guess I don't understand the concept of "celebrating" something you don't believe it. Do you also "celebrate" Hanukkah? If you don't believe in God/Jesus then it's kind of hypocritical of you to celebrate these religious holidays, IMO. I don't care what society or Hallmark has done to make these commercial holidays, they are religious holidays and it you don't believe, you have no business celebrating them. It's a good thing those of us who do believe pray for all your souls.

Valerie
04-23-2014, 03:14 PM
The first recorded zombie story.

Wrong. That would be Lazarus. Jesus's friend who he raised from the dead after 4 days in the tomb.

swiper
04-23-2014, 03:19 PM
Wrong. That would be Lazarus. Jesus's friend who he raised from the dead after 4 days in the tomb.

I believe it was Turner Classic Movies (http://www.tcm.com/) played The Greatest Story Ever Told (http://www.tcm.com/search/?text=greatest%20story%20ever&type=allDb) on Easter afternoon. The part about Lazarus:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/942Lm2FHeEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

The King
04-23-2014, 03:21 PM

As a parent I find Easter to be way too confusing. We're not raising my son Catholic, so the bribery with candy and bunnies is kind of pointless. Not too mention the Easter Bunny has no back story how the hell am I supposed to explain a 9ft bunny with candy and gifts!?

Valerie
04-23-2014, 03:38 PM
As a parent I find Easter to be way too confusing. We're not raising my son Catholic, so the bribery with candy and bunnies is kind of pointless. Not too mention the Easter Bunny has no back story how the hell am I supposed to explain a 9ft bunny with candy and gifts!?

We got Connor an Easter basket but we never really talked about the Easter Bunny. He is being raised Catholic and he went to Stations of the Cross with us every Friday night (it's 30 minutes). He actually paid attention and even though he can't read, he followed along in the book (it has pictures). We bought him a Stations of the Cross for Chilren book and he asks us to read it to him every night.

For those of you who don't know what Stations of the Cross are, it's the 14 stops Jesus made along the way to be crucified and risen from the dead. It gives you a little insight into his walk to Golgotha (the place where he was crucified).

Woodman
04-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Easter represents victory over death if you believe, not really worried about the Bunny.

feldspar
04-23-2014, 04:54 PM
How sad for some of you. I guess I don't understand the concept of "celebrating" something you don't believe it. Do you also "celebrate" Hanukkah? If you don't believe in God/Jesus then it's kind of hypocritical of you to celebrate these religious holidays, IMO. I don't care what society or Hallmark has done to make these commercial holidays, they are religious holidays and it you don't believe, you have no business celebrating them. It's a good thing those of us who do believe pray for all your souls.

The thing that is REALLY hypocritical is when Christians lie to their own children about the very thing they hold most sacred. Many tell their children that Santa Claus brings them presents on Christ's birthday, and the Easter Bunny brings them candy and eggs on resurrection day, as if they know the exact days they imagined these things happened on in the first place.

What's up with THAT ****? How warped is it? Do you think that kids are more psyched about opening the presents Santa Claus brought them, or celebrating the birth of their savior? Well, I venture to say that MOST kids were raised on Santa and the Bunny, and it gets to be tradition for them that way, even if they aren't Christians. Then you complain about commercialism. I never knew a Christian that didn't feel just as obligated to buy people gifts than those lost souls who have no business celebrating the holiday, but do so anyway. They DO celebrate Christmas, but in a different way.

Like it or not, Christmas is a commercial holiday for millions of people...and being Christian hardly necessarily means that you don't contribute HEAVILY to that aspect of it.

swiper
04-23-2014, 05:22 PM
We got Connor an Easter basket but we never really talked about the Easter Bunny. He is being raised Catholic and he went to Stations of the Cross with us every Friday night (it's 30 minutes). He actually paid attention and even though he can't read, he followed along in the book (it has pictures). We bought him a Stations of the Cross for Chilren book and he asks us to read it to him every night.

For those of you who don't know what Stations of the Cross are, it's the 14 stops Jesus made along the way to be crucified and risen from the dead. It gives you a little insight into his walk to Golgotha (the place where he was crucified).

Took my daughter to every Stations this Lent except one.

swiper
04-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Back to topic for a minute....

Anyone else notice that the more microscopes posts that he sounds exactly like Literate. There should be no doubt.

Mike13
04-23-2014, 05:28 PM

Cut the holier than thou bull****.

MidnightVoice
04-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Christianity: A cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

DraftBoy
04-23-2014, 07:01 PM

Well this year it was on 4/20 the backstory wrote itself.

DraftBoy
04-23-2014, 07:05 PM

Why is it sad?

Because you simply don't agree with how others celebrate the holiday, I'm sorry but that is a bit ridiculous.

Do they no longer teach to accept others views and not to judge others in the Catholic Church anymore? Wait a minute…I take that one back, stupid question I know. As a former Catholic I should know better.

Valerie
04-23-2014, 07:47 PM
Why is it sad?

Because you simply don't agree with how others celebrate the holiday, I'm sorry but that is a bit ridiculous.

Do they no longer teach to accept others views and not to judge others in the Catholic Church anymore? Wait a minute…I take that one back, stupid question I know. As a former Catholic I should know better.
Its sad because the holiday is centered on Jesus & religion. If you're celebrating it and you don't believe that makes you a hypocrite and it's ridiculous to think otherwise. Why do you celebrate Easter and not Hanukkah or Ramadan? I'm not judging anyone I'm just stating the very obvious facts. If you don't believe you shouldn't celebrate it or you should just celebrate every holiday because what difference does it make?

DraftBoy
04-23-2014, 07:53 PM
Its sad because the holiday is centered on Jesus & religion. If you're celebrating it and you don't believe that makes you a hypocrite and it's ridiculous to think otherwise. Why do you celebrate Easter and not Hanukkah or Ramadan? I'm not judging anyone I'm just stating the very obvious facts. If you don't believe you shouldn't celebrate it or you should just celebrate every holiday because what difference does it make?

The holiday is centered around whatever you want it to be and shame on you for acting otherwise.

Many people do celebrate/recognize Hanukkah and/or Ramadan, do you not? How can you go through not life and not acknowledge that they exist?

No you clearly are, you're saying how sad people are for not believing what you believe. I believes what you believe (well not the Catholic stuff because that stuff is way too wacky) but I don't think its sad that the family down the street wants to let their four year believe a nine foot tall bunny delivered him hidden eggs, a ton of candy, and a stuffed animal for easter. He could care less about my beliefs and I'm perfectly happy for him.

While you may think Easter (and whatever else you've convinced yourself of) is your day since you're a believer but that mentality is exactly what's wrong not right with Easter.

Valerie
04-23-2014, 07:58 PM
The thing that is REALLY hypocritical is when Christians lie to their own children about the very thing they hold most sacred. Many tell their children that Santa Claus brings them presents on Christ's birthday, and the Easter Bunny brings them candy and eggs on resurrection day, as if they know the exact days they imagined these things happened on in the first place.

What's up with THAT ****? How warped is it? Do you think that kids are more psyched about opening the presents Santa Claus brought them, or celebrating the birth of their savior? Well, I venture to say that MOST kids were raised on Santa and the Bunny, and it gets to be tradition for them that way, even if they aren't Christians. Then you complain about commercialism. I never knew a Christian that didn't feel just as obligated to buy people gifts than those lost souls who have no business celebrating the holiday, but do so anyway. They DO celebrate Christmas, but in a different way.

Like it or not, Christmas is a commercial holiday for millions of people...and being Christian hardly necessarily means that you don't contribute HEAVILY to that aspect of it.

I agree with you on a lot of what you said. It is sad that the birth of Jesus has been turned into some shopping and spending marathon. And you're absolutely right when you say that I too contribute to that aspect of it. That being said, I still make sure Jesus is the main focus point for the holiday. Sure Connor knows about Santa Claus but he is also very aware about what the day is about. He goes to church with us every weekend. Because Santa is so prevalent in society the way I explained the idea of Santa to him is that Jesus celebrates his birthday instead of receiving gifts but giving gifts and he needed help getting them to all the kids so he asked Santa to help him. Other than that we spend more time talking about Jesus and the real meaning of the holiday. For a 3 year old, Connor has a very good understanding about God and Jesus. He talks more about them than Santa. As for the Easter Bunny we never really told him about that.

Valerie
04-23-2014, 08:06 PM
The holiday is centered around whatever you want it to be and shame on you for acting otherwise.

Many people do celebrate/recognize Hanukkah and/or Ramadan, do you not? How can you go through not life and not acknowledge that they exist?

No you clearly are, you're saying how sad people are for not believing what you believe. I believes what you believe (well not the Catholic stuff because that stuff is way too wacky) but I don't think its sad that the family down the street wants to let their four year believe a nine foot tall bunny delivered him hidden eggs, a ton of candy, and a stuffed animal for easter. He could care less about my beliefs and I'm perfectly happy for him.

While you may think Easter (and whatever else you've convinced yourself of) is your day since you're a believer but that mentality is exactly what's wrong not right with Easter.

I am fully aware that people celebrate other holidays. My point was why do some people who don't believe in Jesus celebrate Christmas & Easter and not the other holidays. If you celebrate holidays without believing in their meaning why not just celebrate all holidays?

We'll just agree to disagree. I think it's silly and wrong to celebrate holidays that you don't believe in. I think what's wrong with these holidays is that they've lost their meaning.

DraftBoy
04-23-2014, 08:09 PM
I am fully aware that people celebrate other holidays. My point was why do some people who don't believe in Jesus celebrate Christmas & Easter and not the other holidays. If you celebrate holidays without believing in their meaning why not just celebrate all holidays?

We'll just agree to disagree. I think it's silly and wrong to celebrate holidays that you don't believe in. I think what's wrong with these holidays is that they've lost their meaning.

Because its not about your meanings and they aren't your holidays. I use "your" in the plural sense for the record.

Lucidvizion
04-23-2014, 08:38 PM

So... first recorded necromancer story?

feldspar
04-23-2014, 08:58 PM
Because Santa is so prevalent in society the way I explained the idea of Santa to him is that Jesus celebrates his birthday instead of receiving gifts but giving gifts and he needed help getting them to all the kids so he asked Santa to help him.

Sounds pretty convoluted to me. To me, you got two conflicting fairy tales going on here, and so you scramble to connect them in a not only impressionable young mind, but a mind that basically doesn't question what you say.

Whatever. So your kid believes in Santa Claus. Why? Because he was told he exists. I think that's how religion is spread as well. Same concept. Your parents tell you, so you tell your kids.

If you want to go around calling non-Christians hypocrites for celebrating the Christmas holiday, then don't be telling your child that Santa Claus exists, and that Jesus solicited Chris Kringle's help. THAT'S hypocritical of you. Christmas is a cultural thing to a lot of people. Non-Christians that celebrate the holiday are not being hypocritical because they never made any claims about celebrating the savior's birth. It's a tradition.

Personally, I wouldn't want my kid to miss out on the magic of Christmas just because some tight-wad Christian might have a problem with it.

Rockstar
04-23-2014, 10:03 PM
Depends on if it's commercially raised or wild. Taste depends mostly on what the animal eats. If it's wild, a lot depends on how it's handled. If you cut the stomach, intestine or bladder and the fluids go all over, the meat will be tainted and taste "gamey". It also won't taste good if it is not skinned and cooled ASAP. Elk are somewhat different than deer, they have a big voicebox and it's why they are able to bugle so loudly. You have to cut it out first or you chance having the bacteria infect the muscle. You also have to trim as much fat as possible. Excess game fat tastes like ****, unlike beef or pork fat. I butcher the game myself, so I know exactly how it was taken care of. When I make sausage or just grind burger, I use beef suet or salt pork to give it a little more flavor and moisture since you don't want to use the animals natural fat. Also, if you are cooking steaks, don't go over medium because it's so lean with little marble it will be tough. I don't ever go over medium rare.

Question, is most or all game fat bad? (deer included)

Rockstar
04-23-2014, 10:38 PM

I say this with all due respect, but please stop. I’m a Catholic, was an Altar Boy (spare me the bad jokes guys) but I detest when Christian’s preach to non-believers. That is no way to turn hearts let alone souls to the light.

Lead by example, take the high ground, don’t preach, simply sprinkle your beliefs in every now and then and don’t get into pissing matches to “fight” for them.
You can’t win by fighting these fights.

You win by holding true to your beliefs and interjecting bits and pieces of your faith throughout your posts without judgment or any assumed moral authority.

By the way, how is telling people they shouldn't celebrate the holiday helping the cause? It's not like their asking to receive sacraments appropriately. I would MUCH rather have a non-believer celebrate the holidays (Christmas, Easter) and share in the good will and family aspect of them vs not. So would Jesus Christ in my opinion.

Dr. Lecter
04-24-2014, 04:34 AM

To be honest, your attempt to exclude people from Christmas and Easter is much more not getting the meaning of the holidays then it is non-believers celebrating them

The true meaning beyond those holidays goes much, much deeper than some story about a God being born or some story about a dead guy waking up. If it is about love, generosity and caring then why does it matter what the person believes about a higher being?

If I am not a believer, should I not donate to Toys for Tots at Christmas?

It is this kind of attitude that drives people away from religion.

Dude
04-24-2014, 06:28 AM

Anyone else notice that the more microscopes posts that he sounds exactly like Literate. There should be no doubt.That's because he is LiterateStylish.

pmoon6
04-24-2014, 06:40 AM
Question, is most or all game fat bad? (deer included)I'll freeze and overnight some elk and deer fat. You tell me. The taste lingers for some time. It's not "bad", per se, and you can render it to use or eat in a survival situation, but I don't like the taste. I wouldn't spend the extra hours it takes to trim it off if I did. Not that you're not going to get some, but saving the subcutaneous fat like you do on a beef or pork roast is not my cup of tea.

pmoon6
04-24-2014, 06:42 AM

Anyone else notice that the more microscopes posts that he sounds exactly like Literate. There should be no doubt.He admitted he is to me.

Skooby
04-24-2014, 06:48 AM

If some thing is holding candy, it doesn't need explaining.

pmoon6
04-24-2014, 06:56 AM
As far as Valerie's point, I agree somewhat. The hoops a lot of institutions have gone through to change "Easter Vacation" to "Spring Break" and Christmas Vacation" to "Holiday Season" because the athiests don't want to be reminded of the origins of those holidays is actually amusing. Like Val said, why recognize and celebrate something you don't believe in? Celebrate Madelaine Murray O'Hare's birthday or the Druids' Winter Solstice.

There are two reasons that the religious holidays are diminished. One is that many in America have moved away from religious beliefs. I am one, but I don't denigrate those who do and respect their beliefs and faith even though traditional religion escapes me.

The second is because most athiests are whiney little *****es and can't stand any reference to a higher power because they think they are their own Gods,

IlluminatusUIUC
04-24-2014, 07:34 AM
He admitted he is to me.

Wait, he did? When?

Lucidvizion
04-24-2014, 08:14 AM
I don't know why some of you guys still are on the fence. Dude proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt in post 400-something.

Lucidvizion
04-24-2014, 08:23 AM
And being a first hand witness to the guys technical competence, I would bet real money that it was him that accidentally nuked his own database and blamed it on "hackers". We're talking about the type of person that would continue to lie to your face even after you've caught the lie.

In my 10+ years in these communities he's one of just two people in all of these forums that I think is a miserable excuse of a human being (the other one knows who he is).

Dude
04-24-2014, 08:37 AM
And being a first hand witness to the guys technical competence, I would bet real money that it was him that accidentally nuked his own database and blamed it on "hackers". We're talking about the type of person that would continue to lie to your face even after you've caught the lie.This was my first thought as well. I'm sure the FBI is on the case though.

Dude
04-24-2014, 08:39 AM
I don't know why some of you guys still are on the fence. Dude proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt in post 400-something.Yeah, it's so thirty pages ago. http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/223462-Buffalo-range-NEW-OWNER?p=3934829&viewfull=1#post3934829

feldspar
04-24-2014, 09:00 AM
The second is because most athiests are whiney little *****es and can't stand any reference to a higher power because they think they are their own Gods,

Did you take a poll? I'd say atheists don't want religious beliefs that they don't share shoved down their throats. I'm not talking about intolerant repression type-things, I'm talking about imposing beliefs onto others or such condescending, patronizing behavior such as telling me that they'll "pray for my soul" because I'm not part of the club. The general vibe is that they think you are ignorant in the most fundamental way, when it's all laid out on the table. Them telling me that they'll pray for my soul is really no different than if I were to call them idiots.

Me? I'm fascinated how people can believe such things. I actually let the Jehovah's Witnesses into my house, or have several times in the past. They tell you that they're not trying to convert you, but of course that's exactly what they are doing.

I'm more of an agnostic with severe atheist slants, but I sure do not believe in the Bible. I'm not about to claim knowledge about such things.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-24-2014, 09:05 AM
I don't know why some of you guys still are on the fence. Dude proved it beyond a shadow of a doubt in post 400-something.

I'm not on the fence, I called it in post #9. I'm just surprised he admitted it.

The King
04-24-2014, 09:05 AM
Just checking in. We're still not on board with microscopes = Literate yet?

maybe I'll check back in 20 pages from now and see where we are.

Dr. Lecter
04-24-2014, 09:40 AM
In my 10+ years in these communities he's one of just two people in all of these forums that I think is a miserable excuse of a human being (the other one knows who he is).

Sorry, I will try to do better

Historian
04-24-2014, 09:46 AM
Christianity: A cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.

Well if you're going to take all the fun out of it....

Discotrish
04-24-2014, 11:02 AM
Did you take a poll? I'd say atheists don't want religious beliefs that they don't share shoved down their throats. I'm not talking about intolerant repression type-things, I'm talking about imposing beliefs onto others or such condescending, patronizing behavior such as telling me that they'll "pray for my soul" because I'm not part of the club. The general vibe is that they think you are ignorant in the most fundamental way, when it's all laid out on the table. Them telling me that they'll pray for my soul is really no different than if I were to call them idiots.

Praying for someone's soul is a good thing, from a Christian perspective. It's akin to "I'll keep you in my thoughts," or "I wish the best to you and your family," or something you would do to offer someone encouragement or well wishes. So, how does that translate into them calling you an idiot?

It is more reflective of YOUR perspective in the sense that what they are offering has no value to YOU. So essentially, they are offering you well wishes, and you are calling yourself an idiot on their behalf.

Now how does this supposed imposition of belief affect your life? Did you roll over an Easter Egg with your car?

Patti

WagonCircler
04-24-2014, 11:26 AM

Me? I'm fascinated how people can believe such things. I actually let the Jehovah's Witnesses into my house, or have several times in the past. They tell you that they're not trying to convert you, but of course that's exactly what they are doing.

I'm more of an agnostic with severe atheist slants, but I sure do not believe in the Bible. I'm not about to claim knowledge about such things.

Here's the thing. Regardless of how you (not you personally) feel about religion, or lack thereof, it's deeply personal. Anyone who straight up bashes someone else's viewpoint on the subject is acting like a giant douchebag.

I find extremists on both sides of the issue incredibly annoying, but the Atheists win by a nose in the annoying department, because they have just that little added bit of arrogance that takes them over the top.

The central question comes down to something the exceeds human understanding, no matter what you believe. That notion that, before the alleged Big Bang, there was nothing, is not for a second answered by science or philosophy. How could there have been "nothing"?

To me, the answer lies somewhere in the middle. The notion that the astounding complexity of every animal, vegetable or mineral in the vast universe as we understand it happened totally at random, or that our understanding of existence on this plane of reality is all there is, is every bit as absurd as you feel the biblical stories are.

It should be remembered that the stories in the bible needed to be comprehended be civilizations far less advanced than we are now, so they are just that--stories. And cultural traditions like Christmas presents and Easter eggs are a product of society, they're not insipid lies with evil intentions, just pleasant customs like 4th of July fireworks. People laying presents under the tree that are labelled "from Santa" aren't carrying out some evil plot, they're just doing what their parents did, hoping to make their kids happy. Carrying on a tradition. Assigning some evil subtext or motivation to those traditions is asinine. People are largely just trying to pay the bills and raise honorable families who will grow up to do the same.

There's hypocrisy on both sides, and it's certainly evident here.

But to me, the truly important thing about religion and the current, popular bashing of it, is that Atheists love to pretend that Judeo-Christian tenets, like the Ten Commandments, for example, had no importance in the establishment of our laws. This is historically inaccurate, no matter what version of reality you subscribe to. Thou shall not kill, steal, etc. are and were necessary to maintain an ordered society. There has to be a baseline.

I could go on for days about this, but the essence is, people's beliefs are their own. Respect for those beliefs is the only thing that separates our society from the animals.

It sickens me to see how our culture has devolved, with each subsequent generation having less and less respect for anything. I honestly think the future is going to look and awful lot like A Clockwork Orange. That's the road we're on.

Skooby
04-24-2014, 12:02 PM
I know in denial atheists that go to Catholic Church every Sunday, those fakers sicken me the most.

The King
04-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Praying for someone's soul is a good thing, from a Christian perspective. It's akin to "I'll keep you in my thoughts," or "I wish the best to you and your family," or something you would do to offer someone encouragement or well wishes. So, how does that translate into them calling you an idiot?

It is more reflective of YOUR perspective in the sense that what they are offering has no value to YOU. So essentially, they are offering you well wishes, and you are calling yourself an idiot on their behalf.

Now how does this supposed imposition of belief affect your life? Did you roll over an Easter Egg with your car?

Patti

I personally, am grateful that Patti prays for me. It takes the pressure off a bit and it's nice to know someone is on my side. Of course realistically, Patti cares more about me than any god does, but it's nice to know if I am wrong in my beliefs the big guy has at least heard of me.

feldspar
04-24-2014, 01:18 PM

Patti

You are not understanding the context I said that in.

There are many different contexts in which that is said, "I'll pray for your soul." If an atheist and Christian are having a hot-topic conversation, both sides sees the other side as ignorant, no matter how nice they try to be. It's the nature of the thing, and there is no way around it. When it comes to that major point of contention, telling me that they'll pray for my soul BECAUSE I don't share their beliefs amounts to me telling them that I hope they snap out it and wake up...I can say THAT with the same level of benevolent well-meaning too, without any meanness to it. "I want to help you stop living a lie." Uh-huh. Works both ways, and I don't think either side exactly likes it.

Not that anyone around here did, but if somebody wants to look me in the eye and tell me that I'm going to burn in Hell for eternity for not accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal savior, then it's really hard to turn around and talk about the weather.

It's this type of reason that I don't generally discuss religion with people, especially if I know they have beliefs that I don't share. If they want to pray for my soul for not sharing their beliefs, great. Fine. In turn, I hope they stop believing in a fairy tale. Are they offended by that then? If so, then why? It's just the other side of the coin.

Imposition of beliefs is a different topic.

feldspar
04-24-2014, 02:16 PM
the essence is, people's beliefs are their own. Respect for those beliefs is the only thing that separates our society from the animals.

It sickens me to see how our culture has devolved, with each subsequent generation having less and less respect for anything. I honestly think the future is going to look and awful lot like A Clockwork Orange. That's the road we're on.

Good post.

Animals mostly just believe they are hungry or something. They don't have the capacity to understand the concept of a belief, can't generally think very abstractly, and aren't capable of understanding that they are going to die. There is that, so I agree.

But those that WANT respect, GIVE respect. That's the thing.

As the example here, if somebody wants to tell me that I have no business celebrating Christmas because I'm not a Christian, and I'm a hypocrite for doing so, and they'll pray for my soul as a result...well, in real-life, I'd say "OK," and go eat a taco or something, celebrating Christmas anyway. That doesn't really bother me, but there is a basic lack of understanding or respect that is coming from that person. While that type of thing slides off my back, there really is a bone to pick. Since this is a message board, that's what I did.

Nobody can really know very much about the meaning behind existence.

WagonCircler
04-24-2014, 02:27 PM
Nobody can really know very much about the meaning behind existence.

And yet, so many claim to.

feldspar
04-24-2014, 04:31 PM
And yet, so many claim to.

Well, I'm sure that's all very comforting for them, and I actually envy them for it in that respect.

WagonCircler
04-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Well, I'm sure that's all very comforting for them, and I actually envy them for it in that respect.

Sort of runs contra to your feelings on Santa, no?

Just saying. :)

feldspar
04-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Sort of runs contra to your feelings on Santa, no?

Just saying. :)

I hated Santa ever since he gave me that lump of coal one year.

swiper
04-24-2014, 05:50 PM
He admitted he is to me.

I knew it was him as he is arguing QBs in an Andy Dalton thread with nyjunc. As soon as he said "fantasy numbers don't matter to me" I knew it was him. That is the drum that Lit beat.

swiper
04-24-2014, 05:51 PM

I missed that and couldn't find it when I went back to look.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-24-2014, 09:18 PM
I knew it was him as he is arguing QBs in an Andy Dalton thread with nyjunc. As soon as he said "fantasy numbers don't matter to me" I knew it was him. That is the drum that Lit beat.

That's nyjuncs catch phrase, not Lit's

feldspar
04-24-2014, 10:25 PM
I missed that and couldn't find it when I went back to look.

I'm pretty sure it happened in this post:

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/223462-Buffalo-range-NEW-OWNER?p=3934829&viewfull=1#post3934829

Dude
04-25-2014, 06:40 AM
You still can't use the word "billszone" there. :rofl:

Watch this:

BuffaloRange
Range
www.buffalorange.com (http://www.buffalorange.com)

:rofl:

pmoon6
04-25-2014, 08:03 AM
Wait, he did? When?Well, I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.:D

He said he was in a PM. I believe he did on the open Range board somewhere as well. He was already outed here, so no point trying to lie about it.

MidnightVoice
04-25-2014, 08:06 AM

Watch this:

BuffaloRange
Range

I can't - my password does not work any more :D

Dude
04-25-2014, 08:27 AM
I can't - my password does not work any more :DYou were banned already? I thought it was a new era over there.

Guess not.

Dude
04-25-2014, 08:28 AM
Well, I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.:D

He said he was in a PM. I believe he did on the open Range board somewhere as well. He was already outed here, so no point trying to lie about it.Yes, and then the site was "hacked" and whatever thread he started about it disappeared.

feldspar
04-25-2014, 10:07 AM

Watch this:

BuffaloRange
Range

I always enjoyed it when they blocked out the Head Coach's name.

**** Jauron

Dude
04-25-2014, 10:58 AM
He was a Dick.

Dude
04-25-2014, 10:59 AM
D'oh - we don't filter it evidently. :D

Rockstar
04-25-2014, 11:06 AM

Watch this:

BuffaloRange
Range

This is true but skewed in it's point. The not being able to type the Zone was thing was fixed the first week the "new" owner took over. Everything over there is fked up again since the "cyber attack"

I use parentheses on those words because even as a loyal Range guy, I'm not stupid. We are obviously dealing with a human being who probably doesn't understand how to spell the word TRUTH...

Rockstar
04-25-2014, 11:07 AM
You were banned already? I thought it was a new era over there.

Guess not.

Everyone who was banned (myself included) had to get a password reset.

MidnightVoice
04-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Everyone who was banned (myself included) had to get a password reset.

I did. And I accessed the site. And now I can't :D

Please note - I did not say I was banned. I just said my password does not work any more. And I have not followed that up as I don't need to go to the Range for any reason in the immediate future

swiper
04-25-2014, 03:16 PM
He was a Dick.

Lit or Jauron?

Lucidvizion
04-25-2014, 03:21 PM
Lit or Jauron?

Yes

Mace
04-25-2014, 06:01 PM
I'll freeze and overnight some elk and deer fat. You tell me. The taste lingers for some time. It's not "bad", per se, and you can render it to use or eat in a survival situation, but I don't like the taste. I wouldn't spend the extra hours it takes to trim it off if I did. Not that you're not going to get some, but saving the subcutaneous fat like you do on a beef or pork roast is not my cup of tea.

Interesting you should mention this, I was just eating some elk fat, which was delicious, mostly because it was cool whip mixed with bacon grease which I labeled "elk fat" with a piece of tape and marker to impress a couple people with my rugged survivalist vibe.

"Can I try it ?"...."No."

I just like eating bacon grease and cool whip but it makes you look bad. Sometimes I label it "Tofu", depends who you are hanging around with. I saw a buck once in the woods. It frightened me. Had horns. You don't want to make a cup of tea from pork roast though. Or maybe you're on to something the more I think about it. I'm going to try it.

Blondie
04-25-2014, 06:20 PM
So Sunday will be the day we find out his $250 "donation" was legit or not.

I should take up a pool as to whether or not it is legit.

upstart
04-25-2014, 06:23 PM
So Sunday will be the day we find out his $250 "donation" was legit or not.

I should take up a pool as to whether or not it is legit.

I thought you were giving it back ?

feldspar
04-25-2014, 06:29 PM

Would a person that stands upon principle give it back?

Blondie
04-25-2014, 06:35 PM

I can't do anything until the donation is no longer in "pending" status.

It takes 14 days for a payment to clear ...

like yours just cleared last Sunday but you made it on the 6th ...

- - - Updated - - -

So are you ever going to tell me who you were on the Range..

upstart
04-25-2014, 06:40 PM

Well, I believe I'm principled and if I had so much fear about being raped at any monument but a crazed nut. I wouldn't want anything to do with him and that includes accepting his money .

However, I feel Chick should take the money because there was never anything to fear.

Blondie
04-25-2014, 06:48 PM
He sent me an email telling me he wanted to restore my faith in humanity ... and he is Lit not Russ aka microscopes

upstart
04-25-2014, 06:52 PM
He sent me an email telling me he wanted to restore my faith in humanity ... and he is Lit not Russ aka microscopes

microscopes is lit.

Blondie
04-25-2014, 06:54 PM
microscopes is lit.

I know.

i knew the moment Coastal told me to read the letter on the Range.

The Popcorn
04-25-2014, 06:54 PM
That range sounds like it run by the Obama Administration. How long before THEY fail?

feldspar
04-25-2014, 07:15 PM
So are you ever going to tell me who you were on the Range..

Nope.

I'm the same person wherever I go, though. So there is that.

Blondie
04-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Nope.

I'm the same person wherever I go, though. So there is that.

I think I know who you are..

What do I get if I guess it right?

upstart
04-25-2014, 07:53 PM

No you don't

feldspar
04-25-2014, 07:57 PM

What do I get if I guess it right?

PM me with your guess.

If you are right, I'll insult you 3 fewer times than I normally would have in the future.

If you are wrong, I'll say something particularly nasty to you.

Fair enough?

Mace
04-25-2014, 08:01 PM
He sent me an email telling me he wanted to restore my faith in humanity

I get those all the time too. It's that one website if it wasn't Coastal turning on the smooth from an alternate identity.

feldspar
04-25-2014, 08:34 PM
I get those all the time too. It's that one website if it wasn't Coastal turning on the smooth from an alternate identity.

You're in full-blown incoherent mode, Mace.

Mace
04-25-2014, 08:55 PM
You're in full-blown incoherent mode, Mace.

Honestly, nah. Seems funny when people think so though and I never feel bad about what I say because people think I might be. Mostly though I know exactly what I am saying and I make myself laugh at me. I had a huge post about pork roast tea ready and had to wave myself off because I even found it ridiculous. It will show up in a post on draft picks or something though.

Blondie
04-25-2014, 10:18 PM
Your post made me sing this in my head... hehehe

Santana Feat. Rob Thomas - Smooth: http://youtu.be/6Whgn_iE5uc

feldspar
04-25-2014, 11:35 PM
Mostly though I know exactly what I am saying

Somebody's got to, Mace...somebody's got to.

I feel your way of posting to be challenging to decipher at times.

But when you say something like "It's that one website if it wasn't Coastal turning on the smooth from an alternate identity," I tend to run for the hills. Cannot think about what that means for long without trying to protect my equilibrium.

YardRat
04-26-2014, 05:11 AM
I can't - my password does not work any more :D

Hell, my account has been completely wiped out. Not a YardRat to be found in the member's list.

pmoon6
04-26-2014, 06:49 AM
You're in full-blown incoherent mode, Mace.Sounds like a Buddhist monk. Maybe we can visit him at the Shaolin Temple before they take him to the asylum. I would like to see if I can snatch the pebble from his hand.

The Popcorn
04-26-2014, 07:29 AM
Hell, my account has been completely wiped out. Not a YardRat to be found in the member's list.

Sounds like you got tossed out of that rats nest.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-26-2014, 10:35 AM

Sounds like YardRat...

was exterminated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YMPAH67f4o

Mace
04-26-2014, 04:34 PM
I would like to see if I can snatch the pebble from his hand.

Always, they try. It will cost you 5 dollars though if you can snatch it I will pay you 10 and you will have gained a fine pebble of um, Illuminating Grace, and a certificate for 10% off at Arby's with purchase of a large beverage. Only one person has ever gotten past me to Arby's, and that was because I used to wear the traditional slippers and Wagoncircler trod mightily upon my toes as I nodded serenely to begin the trial.

Along with the steel toe slippers, I also wear a cup so don't even think about trying that one, Mister.

Mace
04-26-2014, 04:44 PM
But when you say something like "It's that one website if it wasn't Coastal turning on the smooth from an alternate identity," I tend to run for the hills. Cannot think about what that means for long without trying to protect my equilibrium.

Everyone tells me they'll restore my faith in humanity before taking advantage of my wounded naive innocence, on the multiple social websites I participate in while trying to take advantage of other peoples wounded naive innocence by claiming to restore their faith in humanity via email.

Maybe it's just me.

DraftBoy
04-26-2014, 05:20 PM
I've gotten more emails from the Range in the last few weeks than from any Bills site ever before.

Does the entire member list need an email every time somebody *****es about a password not working anymore?

Rockstar
04-26-2014, 06:22 PM

Some people's accounts were fried. Many had to re-register.

Mace
04-26-2014, 06:55 PM
For the sake of it, I logged in and my account seems as it aways was with 2 year old PM's even.

I'm not meaning to be a jerk, I genuinely lost the train of thought in this thread and didn't see it, but what proved Lit has it now ? I can look back myself if given a general idea where it is without meaning to aggravate anyone.

feldspar
04-26-2014, 07:16 PM
For the sake of it, I logged in and my account seems as it aways was with 2 year old PM's even.

I'm not meaning to be a jerk, I genuinely lost the train of thought in this thread and didn't see it, but what proved Lit has it now ? I can look back myself if given a general idea where it is without meaning to aggravate anyone.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/223462-Buffalo-range-NEW-OWNER?p=3934829&viewfull=1#post3934829

Mace
04-26-2014, 07:20 PM

Ty Ty.

Dude
04-26-2014, 08:06 PM
Some people's accounts were fried. Many had to re-register.
Yeardie was there years ago. My guess is his account was nuked.

Mike13
04-26-2014, 09:21 PM
this thread got boring

WagonCircler
04-26-2014, 09:24 PM
this thread got boring

This thread is like watching Willie Mays play for the Mets. (Trust me, it was sad).

cookie G
04-26-2014, 10:17 PM
I've gotten more emails from the Range in the last few weeks than from any Bills site ever before.

Does the entire member list need an email every time somebody *****es about a password not working anymore?

hell...my email account for that site is probably an old AOL account.

Same here, I imagine.

Staff had my email Never really saw the need to change it.

Mace
04-26-2014, 10:39 PM
This thread is like watching Willie Mays play for the Mets. (Trust me, it was sad).

Willie ! Yeah it was but you were seeing Willie Mays. Was terrible seeing Hank Aaron turn out the lights with Milwaukee too.

pmoon6
04-27-2014, 06:55 AM
Always, they try. It will cost you 5 dollars though if you can snatch it I will pay you 10 and you will have gained a fine pebble of um, Illuminating Grace, and a certificate for 10% off at Arby's with purchase of a large beverage. Only one person has ever gotten past me to Arby's, and that was because I used to wear the traditional slippers and Wagoncircler trod mightily upon my toes as I nodded serenely to begin the trial.

Along with the steel toe slippers, I also wear a cup so don't even think about trying that one, Mister.Thanks for the morning chuckle.

I never go for the groin first thing. The throat punch usually works, but if I'm black, blue, and bleeding I'm not adverse to using the groin shot or a sidekick to the knee. Good to know you're protected down there. It would be a shame for America to be deprived of future generations of Maces'.

pmoon6
04-27-2014, 06:57 AM
This thread is like watching Willie Mays play for the Mets. (Trust me, it was sad).Yes, it was. Greatest baseball player of all time anyway, IMO. A childhood hero.

WagonCircler
04-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Yes, it was. Greatest baseball player of all time anyway, IMO. A childhood hero.

I love ya, Brother, and I love Willie Mays. But any discussion of the greatest baseball player of all time begins and ends with Babe Ruth. The numbers are crushing, and his impact on the game and on our culture are unmatched by any athlete, ever.

pmoon6
04-27-2014, 11:19 AM
I love ya, Brother, and I love Willie Mays. But any discussion of the greatest baseball player of all time begins and ends with Babe Ruth. The numbers are crushing, and his impact on the game and on our culture are unmatched by any athlete, ever.You can make a case for Ruth, but I don't think his fielding or running ability even comes close to Mays. If Willie didn't play most of his career at Candlestick, with the wind blowing in from the ocean, he may have broken all of Ruth's HR records.

swiper
04-27-2014, 01:25 PM
http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/1101/babe-ruth-quote-babe-booze-women-demotivational-posters-1294937546.jpg

swiper
04-27-2014, 01:26 PM
http://cdn.motinetwork.net/demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/1002/mr-ruth-1930-quote-demotivational-poster-1266019364.jpg

WagonCircler
04-27-2014, 02:46 PM
You can make a case for Ruth, but I don't think his fielding or running ability even comes close to Mays. If Willie didn't play most of his career at Candlestick, with the wind blowing in from the ocean, he may have broken all of Ruth's HR records.

In order to evaluate baseball players from different eras, the only real way to do it is to compare them against their contemporaries. When Babe Ruth broke the all time home run record, it was 138 home runs. He finished with 714, hitting most of his HRs in the "dead ball era."

When Ruth hit 60 HRs in one season, no other TEAM in the American League has 60 HRs that year.

Here are a few other facts:

Ruth retired as the career record-holder in home runs, RBIs, total bases, walks, strikeouts, on-base percentage and slugging percentage as well as the single-season record-holder in home runs, total bases, walks and slugging, and he was briefly the single-season record-holder in RBIs during his career.

Ruth set the single-season record for RBIs with 171 in 1921, though future teammate Lou Gehrig broke that record just six years later. Ruth’s career total of 2,220 stood as the record until Hank Aaron broke it in 1975.

Ruth set the single season record for walks twice, with 150 in 1920 and 170 in 1923. The latter mark stood until 2001, when Barry Bonds walked 177 times. Ruth held the career mark for bases on balls from 1930-2001 when Rickey Henderson passed him.

Ruth never struck out 100 times in a season, though he did retire as the career strikeouts leader with 1,330. He no longer ranks in the top 100 in that category.

Ruth set the single-season record for total bases with 457 in 1921 and still holds it today.

Ruth set the single-season record for slugging percentage in 1920 at .847. It stood until Bonds broke it in 2001. Ruth’s career slugging percentage of .690 remains the major league record. Ted Williams is second at .634.

Ruth’s career on-base percentage of .474 is second behind only Williams’ .482.

Ruth’s career OPS of 1.164 remains the record, as does his career OPS+ of 206. The latter stat adjusts OPS for a player’s home ballpark and compares it to his league with 100 being league average. Ruth’s career OPS+ is thus more than twice as good as an average mark. By way of comparison, the last player to have a single-season OPS or OPS+ higher than Ruth’s career was Barry Bonds in 2004.

Ruth is the career leader in Baseball-Reference.com’s wins above replacement (183.8, including a record 163.2 as a hitter) and is the owner of the top three single-season bWAR totals of all time: 14.0 in 1923, 12.9 in 1921, and 12.4 in 1927.

Ruth led the majors in home runs 11 times, slugging 11 times, walks 11 times, OBP 10 times, runs eight times, RBIs six times, total bases six times, OPS and OPS+ 11 times and bWAR seven times.

Ruth was one of the five initial inductees to the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1936 along with Ty Cobb, Honus Wagner, Walter Johnson and Christy Mathewson. Out of that group, only Cobb had a higher percentage of the vote than the 95.1 percent Ruth received just six months after his retirement.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm sure the pitchers of Ruth's time weren't as good either.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2014, 04:35 PM
I'm sure the pitchers of Ruth's time weren't as good either.

He never had to face any black pitchers.

DraftBoy
04-27-2014, 04:58 PM

And from his grave that still chaps Satchel Paige's ass.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2014, 06:48 PM

Another thing in Mays favor.

WagonCircler
04-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Also:

At Bats Ruth- 8398 ->Mays ->10881
2B-506--------->Mays---->523
3B-136--------->Mays --> 140
HR-714--------->Mays ---- > 660
BA-.342-------->Mays--->.302
OBP-.474-----> Mays----> .384
SLG-.690------>Mays---->.557

Notice the number of triples Ruth had. Only 4 less than Mays.

But the big thing to note is that any wind disadvantage encountered by Mays is more than offset by the significantly greater number of at bats he had, due in large part to the fact that Ruth was a Pitcher for the first few years of his career (and a great one).

Plus, Mays played 4 years in NY before the Giants moved.

WagonCircler
04-27-2014, 06:57 PM

Care to compare the number of HOF pitchers since integration of the Negro Leagues? It pisses all over your argument.

DraftBoy
04-27-2014, 07:10 PM
Care to compare the number of HOF pitchers since integration of the Negro Leagues? It pisses all over your argument.

Does the case account for the historical trend of taking african-american athletes and turning them into field player over pitchers due to perceptions about them having less intelligence?

WagonCircler
04-27-2014, 07:11 PM
There's only one Bob Gibson or Ferguson Jenkins for every ten truly great Pitchers like Warren Spahn, Grover Cleveland Alexander, Cy Young, Sandy Koufax, Lefty Grove, Christie Matthewson, Carl Hubbell... I could go on for days. Any of those pitchers would have dominated in the Negro Leagues.

The pitching in the American and National Leagues was far better, regardless of race.

By the way, Mays faced pitchers in an integrated National League, so that argument is B U L L S H I T.

- - - Updated - - -

Does the case account for the historical trend of taking african-american athletes and turning them into field player over pitchers due to perceptions about them having less intelligence?

There's absolutely aero evidence to suggest that. This isn't football. We're not talking about Quarterbacks.

Are you suggesting that happens today? Because that's nonsense, and there is still roughly the same percentage of black pitchers.

If you think that's going on, you don't know jack **** about baseball.

Pitchers are gold. If you're from Mars and can snap off a splitter or throw gas, you're pitching.

What you and others are trying to do is make racist comments. You assume that because African Americans make better cornerbacks or shooting guards, that they naturally make better pitchers. Absolute nonsense.

Besides, pitching isn't about intelligence. It's about arm talent. Catchers call most pitches, and it's been that way forever. You simply pulled that out of your ass because it fits some asinine liberal narrative.

coastal
04-27-2014, 07:16 PM
http://thepaperwolf.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/major-league-boring_display_image.jpg

WagonCircler
04-27-2014, 07:20 PM
http://thepaperwolf.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/major-league-boring_display_image.jpg

Piss off, *******.

Run along and post about high school hockey players.

Or better yet, go out and roam the ten block area of Tampa where you live to make sure Lit isn't lurking around the corner waiting to kick your ass.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2014, 07:29 PM
I love it when WC gets all pissy and **** over what was a nice discussion about something.

But we all know Coastal is the biggest ******* on these boards.

WagonCircler
04-27-2014, 07:31 PM
But we all know Coastal is the biggest ******* on these boards.

Are you two having lovers' quarrel?

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2014, 07:48 PM
How about balls bouncing over the fence were considered home runs until 1930?

upstart
04-27-2014, 07:55 PM

How many black pitchers are in MLB today ?

coastal
04-27-2014, 07:58 PM
Are you two having lovers' quarrel?
That's the way he flirts.

Kind of like u.

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2014, 07:59 PM

That really has nothing to do with the time when Ruth played, unless he is still playing today

Dr. Lecter
04-27-2014, 08:00 PM
The funny part is that I am not even saying he is not the best - just that it might not be as cut and dried as WC is saying it is

Dude
04-27-2014, 08:00 PM
This thread sucks.

Woodman
04-27-2014, 08:09 PM
The Babe hit the HR's with a mush ball. Today's baseball is made to fly.

Both players were great I'd add Mickey and Henry to the discussion but the Bambino stands alone.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2014, 08:18 PM
The home run's place in baseball changed dramatically when the live-ball era began after World War I. First, the materials and manufacturing processes improved significantly, making the now-mass-produced, cork-centered ball somewhat more lively. Batters such as Babe Ruth and Rogers Hornsby took full advantage of rules changes that were instituted during the 1920s, particularly prohibition of the spitball, and the requirement that balls be replaced when worn or dirty. These changes resulted in the baseball being easier to see and hit, and easier to hit out of park. Meanwhile, as the game's popularity boomed, more outfield seating was built, shrinking the size of the outfield and increasing the chances of a long fly ball resulting in a home run. The teams with the sluggers, typified by the New York Yankees, became the championship teams, and other teams had to change their focus from the "inside game" to the "power game" in order to keep up.

Prior to 1931, a ball that bounced over an outfield fence during a major league game was considered a home run. The rule was changed to require the ball to clear the fence on the fly, and balls that reached the seats on a bounce became ground rule doubles in most parks. A carryover of the old rule is that if a player deflects a ball over the outfield fence without it touching the ground, it is a home run.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_run

Blondie
04-27-2014, 10:12 PM
This thread sucks.

At Least My Thread Had BACON :-)

JATMtheJATM
04-28-2014, 12:22 AM
babe ruth? willie mays?

gimme ty cobb. all day. every day.

coastal
04-28-2014, 02:34 AM
babe ruth? willie mays?

gimme ty cobb. all day. every day.
Not you too?

swiper
04-28-2014, 04:34 AM

You're getting this confused with soccer.

feldspar
04-28-2014, 05:55 AM

Maybe somebody should threaten somebody else to spice things up a little bit in this thread.

pmoon6
04-28-2014, 05:59 AM
Also:

At Bats Ruth- 8398 ->Mays ->10881
2B-506--------->Mays---->523
3B-136--------->Mays --> 140
HR-714--------->Mays ---- > 660
BA-.342-------->Mays--->.302
OBP-.474-----> Mays----> .384
SLG-.690------>Mays---->.557

Notice the number of triples Ruth had. Only 4 less than Mays.

But the big thing to note is that any wind disadvantage encountered by Mays is more than offset by the significantly greater number of at bats he had, due in large part to the fact that Ruth was a Pitcher for the first few years of his career (and a great one).

Plus, Mays played 4 years in NY before the Giants moved.All due respect, you are talking about just hitting. Only one aspect of the game. I believe Mays won at least 10 Golden Gloves.

DraftBoy
04-28-2014, 06:08 AM
There's absolutely aero evidence to suggest that. This isn't football. We're not talking about Quarterbacks.

Are you suggesting that happens today? Because that's nonsense, and there is still roughly the same percentage of black pitchers.

If you think that's going on, you don't know jack **** about baseball.

Pitchers are gold. If you're from Mars and can snap off a splitter or throw gas, you're pitching.

What you and others are trying to do is make racist comments. You assume that because African Americans make better cornerbacks or shooting guards, that they naturally make better pitchers. Absolute nonsense.

Besides, pitching isn't about intelligence. It's about arm talent. Catchers call most pitches, and it's been that way forever. You simply pulled that out of your ass because it fits some asinine liberal narrative.

Ah you're one of those type of people...I get it now.

pmoon6
04-28-2014, 06:14 AM
I haven't followed MLB since the mid '80's when the Astros ownership wanted Nolan Ryan (who got a huge crowd at the Dome even on a Tuesday) to take a pay cut. That along with work stoppages and a dumb FA system with no cap. Today, it's just a matter of which team spends the most money. From my understanding, a baseball game is not a cheap ticket, as it was in the past. The NFL is going down that road, with accountants and negotiators being as important as who is Head Coach. My interest is waning and the only thing that keeps me around is I have followed the Bills for 50 years and have an emotional investment.

In general, pro sports have all taken a gigantic **** as far as your entertainment dollar.

feldspar
04-28-2014, 07:15 AM
Ah you're one of those type of people...I get it now.

What, pitcher or catcher? :mbb:

Baseball seriously does bore the hell out of me, though. I find watching golf to be more worthwhile, and I'm not kidding. But that's just me.

coastal
04-28-2014, 07:16 AM
"Slapshot" or "Field of Dreams"?

i win.

IlluminatusUIUC
04-28-2014, 07:23 AM

Not many black ones, but Japanese and South/Central American? Dozens.

DraftBoy
04-28-2014, 07:25 AM
What, pitcher or catcher? :mbb:

Baseball seriously does bore the hell out of me, though. I find watching golf to be more worthwhile, and I'm not kidding. But that's just me.

Not a big fan either, though I do enjoy half price OF seats on Wednesday nights. Good excuse to leave work at 3 and drink in the OF.

pmoon6
04-28-2014, 07:28 AM
Not many black ones, but Japanese and South/Central American? Dozens.Black kids generally don't take up baseball anymore. Basketball and football are seen as more lucrative and "cooler". The Japanese and Hispanic kids are steeped in the game. I believe in Cuba, baseball is like a religion.

WagonCircler
04-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Not many black ones, but Japanese and South/Central American? Dozens.

None of which has anything to do with the question of whether Babe Ruth and Willie Mays face the same level of pitching.

My point is that Ruth's numbers wouldn't have changed one bit had he faced Negro League pitchers, and that the whole "Ruth didn't have to play against black pitchers" conceit is absolute garbage.

MidnightVoice
04-28-2014, 09:29 AM
I got an email from the range telling me that they had "heard" that I was trouble accessing the Range. So they reset my password for me. So I went over, and Lo and Behold! Most of the forums are private :D

I find them quite amusing over there.

Dude
04-28-2014, 09:30 AM
Hi Ryan!

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2014, 09:31 AM
None of which has anything to do with the question of whether Babe Ruth and Willie Mays face the same level of pitching.

My point is that Ruth's numbers wouldn't have changed one bit had he faced Negro League pitchers, and that the whole "Ruth didn't have to play against black pitchers" conceit is absolute garbage.

How about no black players at all?

Does that mean anything?

Mike13
04-28-2014, 09:37 AM
You're getting this confused with soccer.

I think Soccer is gaining popularity here in the US. Or maybe it just depends on where you live.

pmoon6
04-28-2014, 09:49 AM
How about no black players at all?

Does that mean anything?I don't think race has anything to do with it. Baseball is a learned skill, but to make the Majors you need some athletic ability. I don't think as much as football and even a chubby kid can play and play well in little league and even high school. Hand eye coordination and learning the proper swing are as important as size and speed.

What does matter is how motivated the individual is to excel. If a kid is poor, he wants to get out of it and one of the avenues is sports which is why you see stories of a lot of guys that are playing pro sports who had humble beginnings. I would venture to say that it's not about race, but socioeconomics.

Anybody that brings race into the subject of pro sports and thinks that black athletes are superior is a racist by definition.

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2014, 09:51 AM
I don't think race has anything to do with it. Baseball is a learned skill, but to make the Majors you need some athletic ability. I don't think as much as football and even a chubby kid can play and play well in little league and even high school. Hand eye coordination and learning the proper swing are as important as size and speed.

What does matter is how motivated the individual is to excel. If a kid is poor, he wants to get out of it and one of the avenues is sports which is why you see stories of a lot of guys that are playing pro sports who had humble beginnings. I would venture to say that it's not about race, but socioeconomics.

Anybody that brings race into the subject of pro sports and thinks that black athletes are superior is a racist by definition.

regardless of any of that, MLB still excluded a number of players that excelled at their craft, like Paige.

It is not just that blacks are necessarily better - but that good and great players were not allowed to play

DraftBoy
04-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Black kids generally don't take up baseball anymore. Basketball and football are seen as more lucrative and "cooler". The Japanese and Hispanic kids are steeped in the game. I believe in Cuba, baseball is like a religion.

I was in Dominican Republic last summer and you couldn't walk more than a few 100 yards without running into a baseball field. Did a tour of the capital and we must of driven by at least 100 baseball fields filled with kids.

DraftBoy
04-28-2014, 10:02 AM
I think Soccer is gaining popularity here in the US. Or maybe it just depends on where you live.

It absolutely is, that's a big reason you're seeing rapid MLS expansion and TV deals for the MLS, British Premier League, Bundeliga (Germany), Serie A (Italy), La Liga (Spain), and Ligue 1 (France).

The projected ratings for this summer's world cup for ESPN are through the roof. Soccer is growing rapidly in popularity and participation.

pmoon6
04-28-2014, 10:22 AM
regardless of any of that, MLB still excluded a number of players that excelled at their craft, like Paige.

It is not just that blacks are necessarily better - but that good and great players were not allowed to playYou're talking 60 years ago. When Robinson, Mays, Campanella and Aaron got their chance, they made the most of it.

Maybe you should go back another hundred years and complain that blacks were on the plantation because they were physically superior. You may also want to redress the oppression and mistakes of the past by giving reparations to every black in America. A million dollars per sound about right?

Historian
04-28-2014, 10:45 AM

Draftboy's a liberal?

Well knock me down with a feather!

And you think you know some people!

chernobylwraiths
04-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Draftboy's a liberal?

Well, he's talking about soccer, he MUST be! Freaking pinko, commie, bleeding heart, scumbag liberal!

DraftBoy
04-28-2014, 10:57 AM
Draftboy's a liberal?

I am?? Damnit what the hell am I supposed to do with all my birther stuff now?

For the love of God can somebody write a competent memo at least once that can keep me straight about what I am now being accused of being?

DraftBoy
04-28-2014, 10:59 AM
Well, he's talking about soccer, he MUST be! Freaking pinko, commie, bleeding heart, scumbag liberal!

You forgot Enviro terrorist.

I actually saw two guys this past Saturday protesting outside the golf course I like to play at. I waved at them as we made the turn, drank our beer, and smoked our cigars. If that's what being a Liberal is like, where do I sign to condemn my soul to the life of Marx?

chernobylwraiths
04-28-2014, 11:15 AM

For the love of God can somebody write a competent memo at least once that can keep me straight about what I am now being accused of being?

Well, I know what you are, but I believe it violates the terms of service to type it.

DraftBoy
04-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Well, I know what you are, but I believe it violates the terms of service to type it.

No its fine, they bleep out ******* now.

Just don't forget arrogant, egotistical, self-absorbed, and ***** in addition to *******.

Discotrish
04-28-2014, 12:00 PM
Are there threads this long about the BillsZone over on The Range?

Patti

swiper
04-28-2014, 12:14 PM

Patti

No.

Dude
04-28-2014, 12:31 PM

PattiOnly about 15 pages of this thread are actually about the Range. The rest is just a bunch of random bull****.

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2014, 01:46 PM

There is a clause in the TOS that exempts any comments directed towards DraftBoy.

It my personal addition.

pmoon6
04-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Only about 15 pages of this thread are actually about the Range. The rest is just a bunch of random bull****.Isn't the "Twilight Zone" subforum supposed to consist of random BS?

Dude
04-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Yes, which is why this thread is still kicking 63 pages later. :up:

SpikedLemonade
04-28-2014, 02:36 PM

Patti

It is a quasi ghost town over there once posters found out the new owner is Lit.

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2014, 02:39 PM
Oh, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive

DraftBoy
04-28-2014, 02:58 PM
There is a clause in the TOS that exempts any comments directed towards DraftBoy.

It my personal addition.

:db:

You took my ****ing smiley away?!? Now you've gone too far you bastard!!

chernobylwraiths
04-28-2014, 02:59 PM

It my personal addition.

Well, he DID cover most of them. At least the words that will get through the filters. I don't think ****face would make it.

DraftBoy
04-28-2014, 03:00 PM
Well, he DID cover most of them. At least the words that will get through the filters. I don't think ****face would make it.

Is the four letter word with a D or S? Both are applicable for the record.

Dr. Lecter
04-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Is the four letter word with a D or S? Both are applicable for the record.

I was thinking it started with F

And I have no idea what happened with the blasted smiley

DraftBoy
04-28-2014, 03:18 PM

Damnit I forgot about that one.

Sure you don't...

Discotrish
04-28-2014, 03:30 PM

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/feb2013/IGLOO.gif

Inuit.

Patti

chernobylwraiths
04-28-2014, 03:52 PM

:onthenose:

WagonCircler
04-28-2014, 04:56 PM

It is not just that blacks are necessarily better - but that good and great players were not allowed to play

Absolutely does not affect the question at hand. If the question had been about pitchers perhaps having better numbers due to the exclusion of black players, then there might be some merit. But there is no evidence that it works the other way around, due to several mitigating circumstances.

I know this has the potential to send some of the whining maniacs here over the edge of their tenuous sanity, but it is an accepted scientific fact that natural selection is largely responsible for the fact that many people of southern African heritage are genetically equipped to excel at certain sports/positions due to longer limbs. Millions of years of hunting and survival in the wilds of Africa produced a gene pool of humans better equipped for running, as evidenced by Kenyan dominance at marathon running.

Natural selection is not racism, it is science. It explains why there are few, if any, white Cornerbacks in the NFL.

This advantage, however, apparently does not translate to pitching. If you aggregate lists of the top 50 all time MLB pitchers, be it before or after integration, you'll find that it is overwhelmingly populated by players of non-African descent.

Again, this has nothing to do with anything but the genetic body type and whether it contributes to a competitive advantage at a particular position. It's abundantly clear that it helps with some positions and not others, and that pitching falls into the category of "others."

My point is, that there is almost zero chance that the pitching in the Negro Leagues was superior to that in the American League of Ruth's time, and that these alleged dominant pitchers suddenly ceased to dominate after integration.

You prog pussies will wail "RACISM" because that's what you do. I'm supposed to be stopped dead in my tracks, argument over, once you throw that card. But it's bull****.

My point stands. The fact that Babe Ruth didn't face Satchell Page 50 times over the course of his career is statistical insignificant.

If you want to argue that the disparity between Mays' defensive skills and Ruth's make him an overall more valuable player--fine. You'd be wrong, but at least you're making a sane argument. But the race thing, thrown out reflexively by a non-thinker, is a complete fairy tale with no basis in fact.

Now run along and go watch your soccer boys falling around the "pitch" faking injuries like whiny little *****es.

SpikedLemonade
04-28-2014, 05:14 PM
It must take a lot of energy to be angry most of the time.

DraftBoy
04-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Absolutely does not affect the question at hand. If the question had been about pitchers perhaps having better numbers due to the exclusion of black players, then there might be some merit. But there is no evidence that it works the other way around, due to several mitigating circumstances.

You could argue the degree to which is affected the question is debatable but to say absolutely does not affect is wrong simply because you can't possibly prove that. Let's at least keep the discussion in some version of reality and not talk in complete extremes.

I know this has the potential to send some of the whining maniacs here over the edge of their tenuous sanity, but it is an accepted scientific fact that natural selection is largely responsible for the fact that many people of southern African heritage are genetically equipped to excel at certain sports/positions due to longer limbs. Millions of years of hunting and survival in the wilds of Africa produced a gene pool of humans better equipped for running, as evidenced by Kenyan dominance at marathon running.

Nothing you said here is offensive or even all that wrong, however you specifically mention the area of Southern Africa. The majority of the Atlantic slave trade centered around the atlantic coast (modern day Senegal, Sierre Leone, Guinea, Libera, and Cote d'Ivoire) not Southern Africa. So I'm not sure what you're geographic reference has to do with anything. Additionally Kenya is nowhere near Southern Africa, rather located on Africa's western coast bordered by the Indian Ocean. Kenya in fact is split in half by the equator.

Natural selection is not racism, it is science. It explains why there are few, if any, white Cornerbacks in the NFL.

Natural selection is science when its left natural, however that's not what we're talking about and you know that. Also you really don't want to try and cross reference sports like the football where every black QB is called an athlete instead of a QB to this day when in MS and HS. That's a different topic for a different day however.

This advantage, however, apparently does not translate to pitching. If you aggregate lists of the top 50 all time MLB pitchers, be it before or after integration, you'll find that it is overwhelmingly populated by players of non-African descent.

Where do you put Smokey Joe Williams, Ray Brown, Wilbur Rogan, or the aforementioned Paige? Outside of Paige do you even know who they are? Hell even MLB.com wrote this back in 2011;

As great as Christy Mathewson, Walter Johnson, Cy Young, Addie Joss and Lefty Grove were, each had his equal, if not his superior, in black baseball.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110130&content_id=16533162&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

My point is, that there is almost zero chance that the pitching in the Negro Leagues was superior to that in the American League of Ruth's time, and that these alleged dominant pitchers suddenly ceased to dominate after integration.

Again unprovable and you're letting us know that your entire argument is biased because you can't conceive it was even possible. Not to mention that by the time integration occurred in the MLB (and I mean full scale integration) in the late 50's both the NFL and NBA had already begun full scale integration and had begun taking youths that previously had been trending towards baseball.

You prog pussies will wail "RACISM" because that's what you do. I'm supposed to be stopped dead in my tracks, argument over, once you throw that card. But it's bull****.

You whine more than almost any other poster about others whining. Nobody called you a racist or said your point was racist…well except you but that's your thing so whatever.

My point stands. The fact that Babe Ruth didn't face Satchell Page 50 times over the course of his career is statistical insignificant.

Your point is made up and completely ridiculous. You've decided black players of the era were inferior in order to support your thesis. Nevermind you can't possibly prove it or make a coherent argument about it.

Now run along and go watch your soccer boys falling around the "pitch" faking injuries like whiny little *****es.

No games on Monday's…wankers...

Discotrish
04-28-2014, 06:23 PM

The racism is "settled!"

How old are you, 81?

Patti

swiper
04-28-2014, 06:23 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uNCJdgI8VC8/U1KncUcPdII/AAAAAAAAOXU/nINaNtYGDtE/s1600/quotes-973aa1a599505abc69bdc48e255f54d4_h.jpg

WagonCircler
04-28-2014, 07:18 PM
Your point is made up and completely ridiculous. You've decided black players of the era were inferior in order to support your thesis.

You're WAY off. What I'm saying is that there is zero evidence that not facing black pitchers gave Ruth any kind of advantage, and that had he faced black pitchers, his numbers would not have changed in any significant way statistically.

The nonsense argument that Ruth's numbers are somehow less legitimate because he played in an era in which black players weren't allowed to played is ridiculous. It implies that black pitchers were superior to white pitchers, which ha absolutely no basis in fact.

The truth is, the only way to examine the situation is to look at there integrated leagues, and when you do, you not only see no evidence that black pitchers are/were superior, you see lopsided numbers in the other direction.

All of which is not even meant to say that one group was superior, only that no group was. Because this i not a conversation about that. This is a conversation about whether Ruth's numbers would have suffered if he faced Negro League pitching, and like I've said over and over, there's absolutely no basis in fact for that claim, only a misguided emotional argument based on the dominance of black players at other positions in other sports.

I go back to what I originally posted and I stand by it. There is not a legitimate case to be made, based on actual facts, not "what-ifs?" for any other player as the greatest in baseball history. Not only can no there player match Ruth's statistics, no other player in any sport can match Ruth's dominance against his contemporaries. No one else is even close.

The Popcorn
04-28-2014, 08:05 PM

Patti

Didn't somebody say the word Billszone was banned over at the range? Thought I read that somewhere.

Skooby
04-28-2014, 08:21 PM
:Skooby:

Where is the mystery machine?

feldspar
04-28-2014, 09:41 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uNCJdgI8VC8/U1KncUcPdII/AAAAAAAAOXU/nINaNtYGDtE/s1600/quotes-973aa1a599505abc69bdc48e255f54d4_h.jpg

...unless you're an asswhole.

Rockstar
04-29-2014, 12:05 AM
In general, pro sports have all taken a gigantic **** as far as your entertainment dollar.

Couldn't agree more. This is why I'm starting to love baseball, but specifically Triple AAA baseball. As a Buffalo Bison's season ticket holder (3rd season) I feel a connection to the game and feel appreciated as a fan. Money is truly the root of all evil, and pro sports proves that.

DraftBoy
04-29-2014, 06:46 AM
You're WAY off. What I'm saying is that there is zero evidence that not facing black pitchers gave Ruth any kind of advantage, and that had he faced black pitchers, his numbers would not have changed in any significant way statistically.

How am I way off? Exactly what point do you think I'm trying to insert here. You have no way of knowing that and applying a bias to make your point.

The nonsense argument that Ruth's numbers are somehow less legitimate because he played in an era in which black players weren't allowed to played is ridiculous. It implies that black pitchers were superior to white pitchers, which ha absolutely no basis in fact.

I don't think anybody is saying they are less legitimate but they at least can be somewhat questioned.

The truth is, the only way to examine the situation is to look at there integrated leagues, and when you do, you not only see no evidence that black pitchers are/were superior, you see lopsided numbers in the other direction.

I'm not sure what this was in response to and it does not answer the issue that the MLB fully integrated later than other pro leagues and lost many of the inner city kids that were african-american.

All of which is not even meant to say that one group was superior, only that no group was. Because this i not a conversation about that. This is a conversation about whether Ruth's numbers would have suffered if he faced Negro League pitching, and like I've said over and over, there's absolutely no basis in fact for that claim, only a misguided emotional argument based on the dominance of black players at other positions in other sports.

So you dismiss one argument as no basis in fact, but ignore that you point doesn't have one either? How is that at all logical?

I go back to what I originally posted and I stand by it. There is not a legitimate case to be made, based on actual facts, not "what-ifs?" for any other player as the greatest in baseball history. Not only can no there player match Ruth's statistics, no other player in any sport can match Ruth's dominance against his contemporaries. No one else is even close.

There is a case for a number of players, the one for Willie Mays has already been established. As for nobody dominating their sport like Ruth? Come on, Gretzky, Jordan, and how many others have dominated their sports. You're attempting to do a cross-sport reference that is even more impossible to prove than that Ruth would of absolutely had not seen his number affected if he had to face Negro League players.