PDA

View Full Version : NOLAN TO FIRE WHOLE COACHING STAFF... CLEAN SLATE!

DetDannyWilliams
04-12-2014, 02:22 PM
The only coach I’m unclear on is Joe Sacco although many are telling me he’s gone too. As a matter of fact, some on the staff are already telling people they know they’re gone.

Nolan has complete say over his coaching staff and he’d like to bring in people he’s worked with and knows. He has mentioned his admiration for Team Latvia goalie coach Arthurs Irbe who coached the Capitals goaltenders through 2011.

Sacco and Jerry Forton were hired by Ron Rolston at the start of this season.

Teppo Numminen was handpicked by Darcy Regier and spent three years as a Sabres assistant. He played another four years here under Lindy Ruff.

Jim Corsi spent 16 seasons coaching the Sabres goalies.

Doug McKenney has been the Sabres strength and conditioning coach for 20 years. Nolan has been very vocal in the past month about how he thinks the Sabres are not well conditioned which he feels has led to numerous injuries. Nolan also wants to see drastic changes to the offseason training program.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Nolan-likely-to-let-his-staff-go-at-seasons/18789493

gebobs
04-12-2014, 02:29 PM
I went to Canisius High and played soccer with Jerry Forton. Nice guy. He was one of our goalies when we went undefeated in Msgr. Martin in 1980. The team is in the CHS sports HOF.

Skooby
04-12-2014, 06:40 PM
We suck.

Mace
04-12-2014, 07:12 PM
I really hope he does. Clean it out and start over, that's where we are anyway. There's not any ironclad coaching strength to protect.

Finish beginning again and be done with it. I'm excited about the prospects and the drafts, I like Nolan and Murray well enough for now, so move along with the plan and for the first time in a long time, I'll pay attention next year. They're not going to be insta-Cup, but it can be fun watching a team grow, or at least it will take a while to stop pretending with the prospects and people in place.

This is just how to begin again. Nolan should get to choose his staff. Next year.

JATMtheJATM
04-13-2014, 12:00 AM
corsi? noooooo

swiper
04-13-2014, 06:35 AM
Nothing on the ice showing that any of the about-to-be-fired coaches should be retained.

The Jokeman
06-16-2014, 05:55 PM
Any rumors who's filling the vacancies?

DetDannyWilliams
06-16-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm shure Nolan will fill out his staff soon he has to! since Development Camp starts on 7/14 with On-ice coach’s practice and then the Blue and Gold Pre-scrimmage skates and the B&G scrimmage taking place on 7/15 then on 7/17 Practice/on-ice testing camp wraps up on 7/18 Practice/three-on-three tournament